Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
Totally agree.
me too. i'm not all that into the idea of buckingham nicks to be perfectly honest. that was a long time ago as lb says himself but i also like seeing lb coming into his own & being at least moderately successful by music industry standards. i'd like to see another cd (a rocker) by him alone that totally blows everyones minds & i can actually see that happening. for some reason, stevie became fleetwood mac & not because she's a better singer or songwriter. there's no rhyme or reason. lb was overshadowed & another bn release will most likely result in history repeating itself. the casual fans will go to see stevie. i'd like lb to continue on his solo path after his hit-&-misses & finally get the kudos, the respect & the attention he has always deserved. even if i weren't a fan, i still can't deny that he is more talented than the public gives him credit for or acknowledges & i feel a lot of that is still untapped. lb just needs to let go more & let it shine. a bn reunion i feel would push him back down. i see it as a step backward, both literally & metaphorically. maybe after they're both retired with nothing more either wants on their own. then, no harm no foul. but for now, lb needs to stay on his own.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree, gerald, on the live bit with the shows...and actually the idea of Lindsey releasing a LIVE UTS cd with the LIVE TEXAS dvd is very, very appealing. Having said that, whether Lindsey decides to do acoustic, electric or a mix on the new cd is, of course, up to him; however, either way, I want his hands/ears firmly in place producing his sound. The way he begins his work and brings it into something all together else is what I find mad appealling about his music... fascinating even. I love the painter Lindsey and I don't ever want that to stop just for the sake of maintaining a 'first-cut'
Old 06-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Daya View Post
me too. i'm not all that into the idea of buckingham nicks to be perfectly honest. that was a long time ago as lb says himself but i also like seeing lb coming into his own & being at least moderately successful by music industry standards. i'd like to see another cd (a rocker) by him alone that totally blows everyones minds & i can actually see that happening. for some reason, stevie became fleetwood mac & not because she's a better singer or songwriter. there's no rhyme or reason. lb was overshadowed & another bn release will most likely result in history repeating itself. the casual fans will go to see stevie. i'd like lb to continue on his solo path after his hit-&-misses & finally get the kudos, the respect & the attention he has always deserved. even if i weren't a fan, i still can't deny that he is more talented than the public gives him credit for or acknowledges & i feel a lot of that is still untapped. lb just needs to let go more & let it shine. a bn reunion i feel would push him back down. i see it as a step backward, both literally & metaphorically. maybe after they're both retired with nothing more either wants on their own. then, no harm no foul. but for now, lb needs to stay on his own.

I couldn't have said it better, Michelle.

This is his time and he's finally taking it and and hopefully doing as much as he can/wants to with it. We all know he will never gain the spotlight like Stevie has but he's got something going right now and it's picking up speed...even if it's just little by little. After the DVD release, another new album who knows the possibilities. More music? More touring? I hope he gives himself a few more years to just be a solo artist honestly.

I'm glad he's comfortable in his own skin right now with performing and writing/recording. It's a dream come true for me!

Old 06-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Short intermezzo: I am very pleased with the responses in this thread. I can't remember I started a thread that gained this amount of posts with interesting content. Very fun to read. keep those thoughts coming!

Do you think Lindsey recorded some more tracks on the road on that mobile 16-track that asked for a rock-treatment, so he kept them away from UTS??

Or did he write during the stops in this tour?

Old 06-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am very pleased with the responses in this thread.
Anything for your happiness!

Quote:
Do you think Lindsey recorded some more tracks on the road on that mobile 16-track that asked for a rock-treatment, so he kept them away from UTS??
Interesting question of which I have no solid answer. I think Lindsey has all kinds of little bits going on at all times whether recorded, on paper, fingertips, or spinning about that head of his...I imagine he tends to them as he desires but dammit I want them flushed and in my hands asap! I am so very very curious as to what we have coming to us...adrenaline pulses me...the tour is just now winding down and I am already f'in parched for more. (sigh)
Old 06-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, you know this thread is for speculation-no solid answers asked!
I think he actually recorded bits and pieces of riffing and hooks during the SYW tour too. He MUST have been inspired by the heavy rockpieces he did night after night, even if they were automaticpilot for a big part. He really enjoyed them. And- when he's on a creative flow I can't imagine that he's just fingerpicked his head off on the acoustic-only. A real painter gets all sorts of fill-in-ideas and -impulses. I bet he's been playing/recording those sketches too.

Old 06-19-2007, 03:31 PM
BTFLCHLD
This message has been deleted by BTFLCHLD.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I bet he can't help but mess around and create while he’s on the road. To me, the energy of the gigs on a whole (the audience and a great band backing you up) would be fueling creativity offstage (especially for a more rock oriented album). He always seems to be attached to his guitar. But, in recent interviews he has commented on loving the response with UTS so much and possibly wanting to explore that more “stripped sound/style” further. In the last interviews I’ve heard/read, he just doesn’t sound too sure about the rock concept anymore. It seems very iffy to me. I don’t know if he realized we fans were going to love UTS so much and respond so positively (of course we know he hoped so)…the sister rock album was his safety net. Now he’s gotten a little more confidence…some wind under his wings. Now we just have to see where it takes him.

I won’t lie…I want that rocking CD, but I won’t be depressed if it isn’t.

On a different topic...I hope the Texas DVD has some excellent special features. I know they filmed interviews with him, but who knows what made it on there. I would love to see a sound check or behind the scenes even if it's for that one show. At least we have that to look forward to while waiting for his next masterpiece.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
The Mac is dead
Long live, Fleetwood Mac.

If Stevie doesn't want to do another Fleetwood Mac album, I have no qualms about her calling it a day with the band. I can easily see Mick & John just joining in with Lindsey's current touring band and calling it Fleetwood Mac. Or, if Lindsey wants to keep the direction he's going and not wanting to be under the Fleetwood Mac umbrella anymore, I can see Mick & John reforming Fleetwood Mac with Billy & Rick. Actually, at this point, I'd almost prefer an all-male Fleetwood Mac again.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post

About as solid answer as we'll get was in the Spartanburg Herald Journal interview in March (or one of them anyway, we all know how repetitive they were):

Quote:
Q: You already have a follow-up coming out next year?

A: Yeah, I've already decided to carve out this time of doing two albums in a row rather than waiting so long in between. I'm still writing some new things … a lot of people sort of think it's going to be a rock (album). I don't know if it will actually be that or not. It kind of depends on how everything feels as we go along.
Anyway, can't see him releasing the album early next year, but probably later. He may have gotten his head out of his ass slightly, but this is still Lindsey we're talking about.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 06-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass View Post
About as solid answer as we'll get was in the Spartanburg Herald Journal interview in March (or one of them anyway, we all know how repetitive they were):

Anyway, can't see him releasing the album early next year, but probably later. He may have gotten his head out of his ass slightly, but this is still Lindsey we're talking about.
wow, we may get his one on time. it might be finished which would explain the holdup for uts. two going at once which might also explain the extensive touring & on stage, saying the next one is coming in the fall. no worries about getting back in the studio to push out another one. pretty smart
Old 06-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Long live, Fleetwood Mac.

If Stevie doesn't want to do another Fleetwood Mac album, I have no qualms about her calling it a day with the band. I can easily see Mick & John just joining in with Lindsey's current touring band and calling it Fleetwood Mac.
I'm all for that. I'd love to hear Lindsey with Mick and John. If he does the more rocking CD next, then having Mick and John on the tour for that would be perfect.

I don't know any of the post-Rumours stuff yet (getting round to it, but I have to put food ahead of music, sadly) but if Mick and John tour anywhere near me with Fleetwood Mac I'll be going to see them, regardless of who they're playing with. I've seen very little of the stuff they did with Rick and Billy, but it's more interesting to me than Nicks would be.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks Gaius!!!!

Quote:
Q: You already have a follow-up coming out next year?

A: Yeah, I've already decided to carve out this time of doing two albums in a row rather than waiting so long in between. I'm still writing some new things … a lot of people sort of think it's going to be a rock (album). I don't know if it will actually be that or not. It kind of depends on how everything feels as we go along.
THAT was the quote I was looking for. I knew he nuanced the rock idea for the next album. And here it is.

And ChiliD: Mick John Lindsey. That's MY Fleetwood Mac. Will it ever see the light? Maybe it's closer than ever. I say: Get your asses in the studio: we want a new FM-album!

Old 07-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
we want a new FM-album!
As long as it's that FM. Personally, if it has Stevie on it I don't really wanrt it. A Lindsey solo album has much more appeal to me since I'll get more of his songs and I have little interest in Ms. Nicks (and she seems to have little interest in FM). I do think SYW has some of her very best work on it but since she has said she didn't like it we are unlikely to get anything similar this time.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
As long as it's that FM. Personally, if it has Stevie on it I don't really wanrt it. A Lindsey solo album has much more appeal to me since I'll get more of his songs and I have little interest in Ms. Nicks (and she seems to have little interest in FM). I do think SYW has some of her very best work on it but since she has said she didn't like it we are unlikely to get anything similar this time.
you're right. I meant that. only an FM-album from the three guys. well maybe that's possible with the new stevie-mindset...

Old 07-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you're right. I meant that. only an FM-album from the three guys. well maybe that's possible with the new stevie-mindset...
Let's hope. I'd love to get some more of John and Mick's stuff on Lindsey tracks.