User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-21-2018, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
It’s not that it’s a woman it’s hiw she got there by freaking FIRING there musical director. Please you know it’s not about that. And screaming sexism won’t change what she’s done.
Nope. This is about almost everyone here tries to diminish her archivements and alot of that has to do with her being a woman. And Lindsey got a "posthum" title now, as musical director? I feel that the FM formula is pretty much intact without him now, even with the new setlist. Sounds like they can manage quite well without him.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
What double standard? Like Stevie getting to delay FM tours and refuse to record with the band, but Lindsey's not allowed to?
This constant harping about sexism is ridiculous. Criticizing a woman doesn't automatically equate to sexism. A woman can be a narcissist too.
And you don't get the underlying "how dare she, she is just a woman" all around here? Interesting, to me, that is blatant and pretty infuriating. I'm not saying that Stevie did right, no, she did not, but still, the level of added misygynist BS in here is quite astonishing.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
I also don’t think it’s as simple as blaming sexism. What if Christine were “in charge”? People would probably react to that a bit differently.
Would they? If they felt she ousted Lindsey they'd be calling her every name in the book. Some have already started.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:05 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
And you don't get the underlying "how dare she, she is just a woman" all around here? Interesting, to me, that is blatant and pretty infuriating. I'm not saying that Stevie did right, no, she did not, but still, the level of added misygynist BS in here is quite astonishing.
No, I think the level of misogyny on this board is being exaggerated, and there's a big difference between sexism and misogyny anyway. Most people on this board are or were Stevie fans, so I don't really see sexism being the driver here. If we have a problem with Stevie taking charge of the band, it's because she ousted someone in order to do so. So fans have the right to object to a power play that broke up the band, without being labeled as misogynist. If Lindsey did this, I don't think people would give him a pass because he's a man.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, I think the level of misogyny on this board is being exaggerated, and there's a big difference between sexism and misogyny anyway. Most people on this board are or were Stevie fans, so I don't really see sexism being the driver here. If we have a problem with Stevie taking charge of the band, it's because she ousted someone in order to do so. So fans have the right to object to a power play that broke up the band, without being labeled as misogynist. If Lindsey did this, I don't think people would give him a pass because he's a man.

Very well said.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Can you imagine having your career being dependent on someone so controlling? Sometimes things can't be fixed. Someone had to go. That's why they are where they are at today. If blame must be cast, it is cast across five. Now, I think I'm going to listen to some music. Maybe Jake Spears?
Old 10-23-2018, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
Now, I think I'm going to listen to some music. Maybe Jake Spears?
Did you mean Jake Shears? I heard he had a new album out- is it worth checking out?
Old 10-23-2018, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I did mean that AND IT IS WORTH IT!
Old 10-23-2018, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Awesome- I just ordered it from Amazon!