Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
What about this!!
From the Unleashed tour, the non-accoustic version of Go Insane!!

Regards!
moon, you got me searching YouTube for more versions of this. And so, now I see your Pittsburgh '09, and I raise you a Milwaukee '09 (from our own Erin ).

Oh. My. God.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
What about this!!
From the Unleashed tour, the non-accoustic version of Go Insane!!

Regards!
Oooh I love this, moon, thanks! I had no idea he performed it this way.

This thread is great! I'm discovering so much awesome.

I'm just a kinda-sorta-half-assed-maybe-BuckHead, so I'm not really the one to be answering your questions, SadAngel. But I will say that I just watched Destiny Rules for the first time last night and it's essential viewing for any fan of his. Even my stubborn-as-all-hell fiance, who is pretty much a Stevie-only-Lindsey-is-such-a-jerk Mac fan, warmed to him considerably after watching, and is now giving my copies of his solo albums a much closer look. If it pulled that off, it is one powerful, mysterious DVD.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
moon, you got me searching YouTube for more versions of this. And so, now I see your Pittsburgh '09, and I raise you a Milwaukee '09 (from our own Erin ).

Oh. My. God.
Oh my god, indeed! Especially the ending!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post

I'm just a kinda-sorta-half-assed-maybe-BuckHead, so I'm not really the one to be answering your questions, SadAngel. But I will say that I just watched Destiny Rules for the first time last night and it's essential viewing for any fan of his. Even my stubborn-as-all-hell fiance, who is pretty much a Stevie-only-Lindsey-is-such-a-jerk Mac fan, warmed to him considerably after watching, and is now giving my copies of his solo albums a much closer look. If it pulled that off, it is one powerful, mysterious DVD.
Thanks, Dex. I have seen Destiny Rules, and own it as well. One of the first things I did was scope out FM documentaries. But great for getting your fiancee in on the action!
Old 05-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for your comments!! Well, one night I was searching for this version, because I only knew they performed it in 2009.
I watched the Erin's version. God, amazing!!!!!!!!
Regards!
Old 05-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post

wow, that's great and unexpected. before i first watched that DVD all i read was SN fans complaining how that DVD shows him as such a jerk. then a watched the DVD and couldn't understand what they are talking about. still don't.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-29-2013, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
wow, that's great and unexpected. before i first watched that DVD all i read was SN fans complaining how that DVD shows him as such a jerk. then a watched the DVD and couldn't understand what they are talking about. still don't.
Yes! Given the infamy of that documentary I was really expecting all sorts of shouting and drama, and there was none of that. There are times where Lindsey comes off unpleasantly to me, but none were in this film. His artistic passion was so obvious, and he so deeply cared about the project and really was bending over backwards to make it a success for everybody involved, it was impossible not to be endeared by him. We both found it all really touching. The whole band seems to operate in a very business-like fashion, rather than a "fun" one, and I guess that's what some Stevie fans react to.

An aside: The film also made me realize that I have no idea what a Mixer actually does. I have much to learn, I guess.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post

Oh. My. God.
Great video!! I love this version - esp like his vocal inflections, I think on the words 'always' and 'like' - just the way he raises his voice a little. Takes it to a great place - just one of many many examples of those great little tweaks he does on vocals and guitar that make his stuff so special. To this day, I still catch things that are new to my ear on songs I've listened to million times.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:24 AM
Ledgie

1992 interview and live performances in his home studio; the passion he puts into Countdown (part 1) and Street of Dreams (part 2) is incredible.

This is one of my favorites -- Lindsey switches roles and interviews a variety of musicians on a UK music show- one of the best parts is around 4:25 when he is left on his own, unfortunately, with very little to say..

Great thread -- lots of stuff I am familiar with, but finding many new gems as well!
Old 07-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetta07 View Post
1992 interview and live performances in his home studio; the passion he puts into Countdown (part 1) and Street of Dreams (part 2) is incredible.

This is one of my favorites -- Lindsey switches roles and interviews a variety of musicians on a UK music show- one of the best parts is around 4:25 when he is left on his own, unfortunately, with very little to say..

Great thread -- lots of stuff I am familiar with, but finding many new gems as well!
I really loved that 1992 interview set with the performances from OOTC. Just incredible emotion!

Oh god, 4:37 in that UK interview when he laughs awkwardly. I just about died. In addition to that guy reciting a poem at 11:38 and Lindsey doing the pizza gag again after his second guest leaves. The contest thingy at the end was weird. So awkward and funny at the same time!