Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-07-2002, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question What song do you not want them to sing?

What song do you kinda hope they don't do on the TOUR (WOOHOO!!!!)? I kinda don't wanna hear:

Rhiannon (Sorry, I ADORE IT, but I would rather hear GDW with the growl!!)
Don't Stop
Gypsy (I will ALWAYS prefer the Mirage version)
Dreams (I will ALWAYS prefer the Rumours version)
Not That Funny (I love it live, but there are OTHER songs I want to hear more!!)

Songs they NEED TO PLAY due to the fact, I've never seen them in concert:

The Chain
GDW
I'm So Afraid
Big Love
Silver Springs
Go Insane
Landslide
FROZEN LOVE (PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
SORCERER (LINDSEY, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
TANGO IN THE NIGHT (AGAIN, LINDSEY, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Beautiful Child (STEVIE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
SOTM (AGAIN, STEVIE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!)
That's All for Everyone
GYOW
Old 06-07-2002, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Re: What song do you not want them to sing?

Quote:
Originally posted by SoulDrifter1949
Hey Christy! I'd have to agree with Rhiannon... I never really have liked that song..lol.. and I don't really want to hear Gold Dust Woman either...

But what I DO want to here is That's All For Everyone!! It would be AWESOME if they did that live... I know that's like completely never going to happen, but that is one of my absolute favorite songs in the entire world I'd definitely like to hear Lindsey's Tango In The Night songs live... and I'd like to see him do some stuff from his solo albums on the tour!!!! They do Stevie solo songs sometimes do they not?! lol

How did I know you would agree with me on Rhiannon? Hmmm....LOL I love GDW AND Rhiannon, but I want to hear rare stuff, ya know. I love TAFE too, my fave Lindsey song on Tusk!! He NEEDS to do TANGO live, he didn't get to do it on the Tango tour, it MUST BE DONE!!! I also, unlike you, LMAO, would love to hear Stand Back and Edge of 17, cuz they ARE my fave Stevie solo songs. ROCK ON!
Old 06-07-2002, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't really care to hear Rhiannon or Dreams, I'd rather hear maybe Fireflies or Welcome to the Room...Sara (with a more guitar sound) or Long Distance Winner. As for Lindsey, I'm So Afraid and Not That Funny have worn out their welcome with me...plus I don't really like Not That Funny anyway. The Big Love/Go Insane/Landslide thing needs not to be done either imo. Like, I don't mind if they do these songs, just not exactly like it was in The Dance. I'd love to hear Tango in the Night live, although Lindsey's voice may be too deep now to do the TA-ANGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!, but wouldn't it be cool if Stevie did that part instead? Anyway, we KNOW Rhiannon, Dreams, I'm So Afraid, and Not That Funny will all be performed, so no sense in hoping they'll do something else besides them.
Old 06-14-2002, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up That's easy...

"Don't Stop", The only Mac song I regularly skip everytime...lol...Brian

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 06-14-2002, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't wanna hear :-

Don't Stop
Not That Funny (indeed)
Dreams
Everywhere (not likely to be played anyway)
Rhiannon (Stevie has done so many different versions, where can she take it now?)

I do want to hear :-

Frozen Love (how awesome could Lindsey play that solo now?)
Soul Drifter (to end with)
Murrow
Big Love (played back in electric form with a vengeance, Lindsey does not need to prove himself by playing it acoustically any more)
Bombay Sapphires
Tango In The Night

Old 06-14-2002, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is total blasphemy... but I agree about Rhiannon... unless they make it rock like it used to. I don't want Don't Stop either, because it would be weird without Chris. And in my opinion, Big Love has been dragged out one too many times.

I want Gypsy... and Sara... and some different Lindsey songs, perhaps some of the edgier ones.

Laura.
Old 06-14-2002, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ooooooo.....I love Not That Funny.. that can't go, I've never seen them play live in concert at all (except for on the telly) and I'd love to see that!!! Besides the 5 minute solo bit in the middle, will give Stevie a break from singing all those other songs with Lindsey and she can go change her dress/brush her hair or whatever she does! As for songs I don't fancy I can't think of any I want 'em all!!

Last edited by tuigirl; 06-14-2002 at 01:35 PM..
Old 06-14-2002, 05:06 PM
Supporting Ledgie

I don't have any that I really would not want to hear. But I think the fans deserve to hear SARA come around again.
Old 06-14-2002, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Don't shoot me

This could be blasphemy, but I would not like them to play "Eyes Of The World". It didn't sound good in The Dance tour, and I don't think it could be handled by Lindsey's voice now either... I also hope the arrangements for the harmonies in "Go Your Own Way" are better than in the other time... I would like to hear "Sara", some of Lindsey's songs from "Tusk", and "Tango In The Night" even, with that long solo... that would be cool.

I think "Don't Stop" will be performed as a "tribute" kind of thing to Chris... a well deserved one I must say.

Song of the moment - Spare Me A Little Bit Of Your Love
Old 06-15-2002, 02:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I could definately do without Dreams. I agree Christy, if she were to do it like it's done on the album, that would be great. But I just don't care for it live...other than that, I can't think of any.

~~Angela~~
Old 06-15-2002, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would have to say that Sara would be on top of my list. I would like to hear Stevie tackle Storms on stage. How about "If You Were My Love?" That's never been released officially, has it? It's one of my favorite demos and I would love to hear it live, or maybe even fixed up and put on the new album.

Some of the old BN stuff would be great, in particular Frozen Love. Also, bring back Blue Letter, Sisters of the Moon, and Fireflies.

Songs I can live without:

Dreams - to me, it's a real snoozer. But, it's their biggest hit (well, the only one to get to the top), so it will be in just about any Mac set with Stevie.

Gold Dust Woman - I don't know if she can ever eclipse the performance of GDW that was done on the Sheryl Crow NYC show in 99.

Rhiannon - either liven the song up (some wailing, or just some awsome guitar-playing like the old days), or drop it. The Dance version is just boring, and it's drawn out far too long on Stevie's solo shows.

Farmer's Daughter - I don't think it will sound right with the two of them...how about closing the show with Storms?

and if they insist on doing some solo work in the Mac shows, how about changing the choices? I'm thinking of Countdown, and an acoustic HAEWAFY?
Old 06-15-2002, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile I want to hear...

Stevie & Lindsey do "Races Are Run" live...'Nuff said...Brian

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 06-15-2002, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
how about closing the show with Storms?
Well, I would pretty much put money on the fact that the set will be closed with Landslide. I will be shocked if it isn't...I really don't know what other song they would close the show with now that Songbird is obviously not going to be played. FM and Stevie like to close with a slower song for some reason, except of course during Bella Donna and Wild Heart which she closed with Rhiannon. I don't know what FM closed with until Songbird became the closer either. In fact, it seems to me that FM didn't really have a precise "set list" for every show until Mirage. I see concerts listed for Fleetwood Mac, Rumours, and Tusk, and the lists seem to change a lot.
Old 06-16-2002, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If there is 1 song that must be dropped, it is "Gypsy". It does not compare to the other versions(in my opinion, it never played out well on stage.). Lindsey should definetly do "Tango in the Night". However they must do 2 songs "Frozen Love" and I'm surprised no one has mentioned.............WORLD TURNING!
THIS ONE IS REALLY A ROCKER!!!!!!!

~Alex

Old 06-17-2002, 05:34 PM
joe

I'm sorry that Chris is not part of FM anymore =( but i'm really glad i won't have to hear "Everywhere" anymore...It's a little too sappy for me.

And, i'm sure i'll be blasted for this but can we leave the solo songs OUT of FM??? This has annoyed me ever since Tango...don't get me wrong, the songs are great but i want to hear FM stuff that wouldn't normally get played. How many times does Stevie have to sing "Stand Back"? I would rather hear "Sisters of the Moon" or "Crystal" or something else...I love the "Big Love/Go Insane" thing but where's "Never Going Back Again"???