The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

I saw her in Houston...and i don't care if she didn't change the setlist...the setlist is still great....get to see her in New Orleans on the 15th...happy to have Bella Donna/Wild Heart, Gold And Braid, New Orleans, Crying in The Night, Belle Fleur...some of us like the stories...
Old 02-24-2017, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Not trying to get a rise out of anyone, just saying sometimes her stories go on and on. I love her, but I'd rather hear an extra song or 2. The people I went to her recent concert with were more casual Stevie fans and they were making jokes about her long stories.
Folks on this board should refrain from speaking on behalf of Stevie fans. I am a die hard Stevie fan and I love to listen to her speak, just not in a concert setting. I can (and do) listen to her interviews for hours. She is an exceptionally interesting woman. However, when I go to see her perform, I want to hear her sing and dance and bewitch the crowd. I don't want to hear her talk incessantly. I feel a moderate amount of speaking, strategically placed in the setlist, can absolutely enhance the overall show. But to speak at great length between practically song, for me, is boring, excessive and distracting. It completely kills the music vibe. This is not right or wrong, it's just one Stevie fan's opinion. It doesn't make me any less of fan for feeling like this. Nor am I alone in my opinion.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 02-24-2017, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default reno

i love her stories , she is 68 give her a break! dont like them dont buy a ticket!
Old 02-24-2017, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEHEDRICK View Post
i love her stories , she is 68 give her a break! dont like them dont buy a ticket!
Why don't you give us a break and allow people to offer their opinions, even when they don't agree with yours?

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 02-24-2017, 03:03 PM

I think that there's a limit to how many songs Stevie can sing each night without compromising her voice, so even if she didn't talk between tunes it wouldn't change the number of songs in her setlist.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 02-24-2017 at 03:06 PM..
Old 02-24-2017, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
Folks on this board should refrain from speaking on behalf of Stevie fans. I am a die hard Stevie fan and I love to listen to her speak, just not in a concert setting. I can (and do) listen to her interviews for hours. She is an exceptionally interesting woman. However, when I go to see her perform, I want to hear her sing and dance and bewitch the crowd. I don't want to hear her talk incessantly. I feel a moderate amount of speaking, strategically placed in the setlist, can absolutely enhance the overall show. But to speak at great length between practically song, for me, is boring, excessive and distracting. It completely kills the music vibe. This is not right or wrong, it's just one Stevie fan's opinion. It doesn't make me any less of fan for feeling like this. Nor am I alone in my opinion.

Well said, I agree with you.

I was watching the show last night, and no one gives a sh about Sunset Sound. Or who called who. Or whatever. She need to stop all that, people were getting restless/irritable listening to her. "Just shut up and get on with it," I think is the quote that I heard. There's also nothing new or interesting with these stories! Stand Back story that she did last night was almost the exact same spiel from Storytellers, right down to Prince doing the "dee-dah, dee-dah, dee-dah" part. And she keeps name dropping... What's with Tom Petty's basement? No, we do not all wish we were there. All the talking really ages her, even when she doesn't stand up there and actually count the years on her fingers.

That said, I've still got my front row center ticket so..

Last edited by Nathan; 02-24-2017 at 03:27 PM..
Old 02-24-2017, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's how I felt about her Gypsy speech from the FM tour. It felt endless and John and Lindsey and Christine all looked like they wanted to walk offstage. John even did a few times.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I LOVE the long stories between songs. Stevie barely spoke during the 80's at concerts. I think she personifies everything now, and I really enjoy it.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
I agree with you too. Usually I love her stories, but on this tour there's almost a story between each song and it really breaks up the flow of the concert and decreases the music vibe and energy. I think if she had organized the show more like the Enchanted tour where she had a special segment in which she talked and introduced the new songs but then performed the rest of the concert without breaking it up, it would have worked better.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
I LOVE the long stories between songs. Stevie barely spoke during the 80's at concerts. I think she personifies everything now, and I really enjoy it.
Well apparently I have offended a few Ledgies by claiming that most SN fans want to hear her stories. OK so that is obviously not true but the one thing you and I have in common is we both attended SN's concerts in the 1980's. And just like u, I wished she had talked more back then. I think that if like me and u, had one been a fan since the 1970's(don't know if you were tho but guessing u were) and followed her career all this time u might be enjoying this tour more than someone who is a more recent fan a la The Dance. This show is so refreshing. I love when any performer makes me feel like I am listening to them one on one and am always curious about the meaning of a song.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is one of the things about the internet... now, we ALL know not just the entire set list, but all the stories behind each song. Between reading the intros here, or watching them them here or on YouTube, most fans have already heard the stories before we actually go to the concert.

I had the same reaction when I saw FM during the Dance tour, where Lindsey repeated almost ver batim the same comments he had made on the MTV special and ended with something like "Isn't that we-ei-ir-rd?!?" using the exact same inflections and everything!
Old 02-25-2017, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
This is one of the things about the internet... now, we ALL know not just the entire set list, but all the stories behind each song. Between reading the intros here, or watching them them here or on YouTube, most fans have already heard the stories before we actually go to the concert.

I had the same reaction when I saw FM during the Dance tour, where Lindsey repeated almost ver batim the same comments he had made on the MTV special and ended with something like "Isn't that we-ei-ir-rd?!?" using the exact same inflections and everything!
Lindsey became a robot by the time of the Dance. He can't say/do anything without it being rehearsed/repeated to death.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Lindsey became a robot by the time of the Dance. He can't say/do anything without it being rehearsed/repeated to death.
That is so true. He is very rehearsed.

Stevie talked on stage in the 80's but half of what she said was babbles and made no sense. When I saw her in Pittsburgh in 1983 she did a great intro to Beauty and the Beast and talked about the movie, etc. I have a live recording of her in Chicago introducing the same song and its funny because she is coked out of her mind and not making clear sense "This is a story about a prince who got turned into a beast because..........we don't know what he did."
Ok that explains it perfectly
I miss the rambles but the Klonopin years were really sad. I saw her in 1989 and 1990 and she never spoke about anything.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't mind the stories and talking at all. It's who she is. Those people actually yelling out, "Get on with it!" - a lot of people these days have what I call Snapchat Attention Span - What's next! Hurry! Get on with it!
Stevie isn't about that and I don't see her changing anytime soon. People I know who have talked to her at length have said she's quite the talker. Now she's bringing that part of her personality to the stage. It is what it is.

Jamie
Old 02-26-2017, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ha! - interestingly enough....

http://www.heraldextra.com/entertain...medium=twitter