User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-14-2019, 05:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Ok so what's your solution? What do you want to see happen?
Starting new threads with positive discussion apparently isn't an option, so tell me what do you want? How are you going to help this situation besides creating or adding to threads that focus on lamenting about the issue?
We could ask the same of the troll brigade here. Talk about lamenting an issue.

The board's descent into madness and likely death is largely due to the fact that there is never action against trolling.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And I will ask you AGAIN....your behavior is doing exactly what to help the situation?

It sounds like right now you are telling me the only thing you want to do right now is to complain. ok, got it.

Last edited by BigAl84; 04-14-2019 at 07:55 AM..
Old 04-14-2019, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Ok so what's your solution? What do you want to see happen?
Starting new threads with positive discussion apparently isn't an option, so tell me what do you want?
Starting new threads with positive discussion would be an option if certain individuals would limit their Stevie-bashing to the threads dedicated to it and stay on topic when someone wants to discuss something else.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No,it's clear as crystal that it's a definitive choice by others to play the victim. There's an obvious solution here. Block all these folks who you think are part of a "troll brigade" and carry on with your discussion. If somebody says something you don't like, you don't even have to acknowledge it, ignore it.

But the problem with that solution is it would leave a whole lot of folks with nothing to complain about. It sure is much more fun to create an entire thread about how others ruined the Stevie Nicks forum. It's ironic because behavior like this is fueling the fire for the alleged "troll brigade"...and I'm guessing that's what folks want. Kick up another brushfire so we can all sit around and point fingers.

I will get out of the way, please commence.

Last edited by BigAl84; 04-14-2019 at 09:57 AM..
Old 04-14-2019, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
We could ask the same of the troll brigade here. Talk about lamenting an issue.

The board's descent into madness and likely death is largely due to the fact that there is never action against trolling.
Oh, there’s plenty of action against trolling, just not the type you’d prefer.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
You either hate Stevie and the current iteration of the band or you were never a true FM fan.
LOL what a ridiculous statement. I love Stevie. Sure, I was angry with her for a couple of months but then I got over it. I have always been a fan of Fleetwood Mac since I was 15 and I'm 57 now. You might have never been a true fan. As you stated yourself you haven't been around here for a while. I on the other hand have never gone away. To me The Ledge is alive and well. On the first day of the current tour I posted youtube videos from the Tulsa show and thousands of people viewed and discussed them. When the news first broke about Lindsey, thousands more flocked to The Ledge to discuss it. This is definitely a happening place. I have been very impressed by the amount of old time Ledgies that have come back to give their take on the LB situation.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think message boards have sort of diminished in our age of social networking like Tumbr, Instagram, Facebook etc, and maybe Reddits too.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:24 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
I think message boards have sort of diminished in our age of social networking like Tumbr, Instagram, Facebook etc, and maybe Reddits too.
I’ve been an observer on this forum for many years, and rarely ever respond. However, this compelled me to figure out my password.

In addition to other members’ comments on the quality of postings diminishing over the years, I believe the statement above is also correct. This type of platform is quite archaic.

In order to get to the quality information, one must wade through endless posts of petty name-calling and conjecture. And while there appears to be some useful discourse, most of it is a reminder of how limited the human race is, in capacity for thought and communication. And that’s a blanket statement regardless of which FM camp you belong to.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyourownway View Post
I’ve been an observer on this forum for many years, and rarely ever respond. However, this compelled me to figure out my password.

In addition to other members’ comments on the quality of postings diminishing over the years, I believe the statement above is also correct. This type of platform is quite archaic.

In order to get to the quality information, one must wade through endless posts of petty name-calling and conjecture. And while there appears to be some useful discourse, most of it is a reminder of how limited the human race is, in capacity for thought and communication. And that’s a blanket statement regardless of which FM camp you belong to.
You make a really good point here, however I think the main protagonists
don’t post on Stevie’s pages, maybe they do read them and will get some of the message...
Old 04-15-2019, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyourownway View Post

I feel like you are calling me a chimp.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What they said up there. ^^^ It's 2019 and message boards aren't the thing anymore. Which is a shame, because I quite like the format. I won't speak for anyone else, but for me, I guess I grew out of my "extreme fandom" phase as I grew older, had kids, started a family, all that stuff. I'm still very much a fan, just a calmer one. I can't believe I still remember my login here. Jeez, so many memories!
Old 04-15-2019, 02:50 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraRhiannon View Post
What they said up there. ^^^ It's 2019 and message boards aren't the thing anymore. Which is a shame, because I quite like the format. I won't speak for anyone else, but for me, I guess I grew out of my "extreme fandom" phase as I grew older, had kids, started a family, all that stuff. I'm still very much a fan, just a calmer one. I can't believe I still remember my login here. Jeez, so many memories!
I agree. Maybe it’s my age, but I enjoy this type of forum — even as an observer. And you’re right, priorities, like life itself, change for some. Though, clearly, not for everyone.

Last edited by goyourownway; 04-15-2019 at 03:14 PM..
Old 04-15-2019, 03:31 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
If I were speaking about -- or to you -- I would do so directly.

For example: I find your posts compelling, but not in the way you probably think. I find them compelling because for someone who posts so often on this forum, you contribute very little in the way of valuable content! In fact, part of me wants to believe that you're the original beta test for all of the trolls which now pepper the internet; because, sometimes I can't believe some of the crap you come up with! Of course, I joke -- you're all too real. But, you see, Jondalar, that's the problem. So am I calling you a "chimp"? No, I think that would be giving you too much credit.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Children of the world ..the forgotten chimpanzee ..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me

Old 04-15-2019, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
LOL what a ridiculous statement.
You either misread my post completely or you just read the one line you quoted (out of context).