User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-18-2019, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I noticed bigal didn't get the same notice. So he could call me out, but I couldn't call him out? Got it, thanks and I certainly won't do it again.

Really? I "called you out" by taking your exact quote and substituting names to make a point?

A. You initiated the conversation with me

B. Don't walk up to folks and say something if you don't want to hear their reply.

C. It doesn't matter if you don't like that person's reply. You initiated contact with that person.

D. Deal with it.

E. Have a great day
Old 04-18-2019, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
You either misread my post completely or you just read the one line you quoted (out of context).
After re-reading what you originally posted I realized I did misread your words and just wanted to say I'm sorry.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ledgies killed The Ledge.

This is meant to be a fan forum. Why would people who still love the music and still call themselves a fan visit this forum if all that happens is the slagging off of one of it's most successful and most revered members?

I know die hard Lindsey fans who sick of the Stevie bashing just as much as the Stevie fans. There hasn't been a thread here for years that hasn't turned into it "lets all slag off Stevie" fest. And people are tired of it so have gone elsehwere. Some of the Facebook groups are little powerhouses at the moment and great to be a part of.

It's almost like a huge chunk of ledgies can't seperate their personal opinions of a certain band members actions from the music that they once loved. I mean none of us know the truth of what happened, really. I don't necessarily agree with what went on from what we know so far, but equally I know Lindsey is no saint and this band has always been associated with drama, fall outs, affairs, line up changes, scandals and bitching - and that was before anybody even heard of Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks!
Old 04-23-2019, 05:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post

This is meant to be a fan forum. Why would people who still love the music and still call themselves a fan visit this forum if all that happens is the slagging off of one of it's most successful and most revered members?

I know die hard Lindsey fans who sick of the Stevie bashing just as much as the Stevie fans. There hasn't been a thread here for years that hasn't turned into it "lets all slag off Stevie" fest. And people are tired of it so have gone elsehwere. Some of the Facebook groups are little powerhouses at the moment and great to be a part of.

It's almost like a huge chunk of ledgies can't seperate their personal opinions of a certain band members actions from the music that they once loved. I mean none of us know the truth of what happened, really. I don't necessarily agree with what went on from what we know so far, but equally I know Lindsey is no saint and this band has always been associated with drama, fall outs, affairs, line up changes, scandals and bitching - and that was before anybody even heard of Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks!
That's why I stopped posting/participating. I get however that it's up to the people who manage the site how they wish to run it so I just left and went to other forums. I just think perhaps a clearer notice for people considering signing up in future may be helpful, as it looks like people are registering again. Is this still a forum that represents the overall Fleetwood Mac community or just Lindsey's input and his solo career? Because with his illness etc I don't think it's going back to Rumours 5 again anytime soon. Perhaps a slight chance of Buckingham McVie, that's all I can see. It doesn't really seem a fan friendly environment for new people considering joining up who are still interested in current formation of the band.

I helped someone else join up here after the split (when it seemed like registration was being restricted) and I thought that person understood that feelings here were a bit sensitive. I knew they really were a bona fide long term Fleetwood Mac fan including Lindsey Buckingham. I was therefore disappointed to see that they subsequently started trying to push their views or their will in the main forum to 'defend' the new lineup. I didn't necessarily disagree with their views but my feelings are if you don't like the way a community is run and you're not heavily involved in administering it then you cut your losses and seek out some place else. So that was something I regret and wouldn't try again, I apologize for it happening and any disruption it may have caused. I just told others who were still trying to sign up here I probably wouldn't recommend anyhow because may not be the best place for them at any rate and maybe they should look at something else.

My view but I know others feel different. I've seen other fan forums with long histories sadly shut down over things like this but I actually hope this one doesn't for the sake of the history that has been kept here, that would be sad to lose. Even if it doesn't offer anything for me personally at present.

That's how I felt towards the end but not continuing in this discussion, for reasons stated above...

ETA: goodness! I can sometimes be critical of members of the band. None of them are beyond that and they all have their flaws including Lindsey. He's still my fave guitar player but I realize the legacy of the band extends beyond him and I don't feel it's all been destroyed. They have now perhaps the best writing team than any other time in history and people who rank up there with the world's greatest musicians, just age and time maybe now working against them. If people think Stevie is so terrible they shouldn't have missed her on the Buckingham McVie album/tour. On the last official FM tour I was already prepared for it probably being the farewell of the original Rumours lineup because none getting any younger and as it turns out Lindsey's health would not have been strong enough for this tour anyhow. But really, instead of complaining about how others have turned being negative about the rest of the band into a full-time hobby I prefer to go somewhere else and focus on what's positive about what's perhaps the final tour and the band's 50 year legacy. So with that...

Last edited by Missy; 04-26-2019 at 06:35 PM.. Reason: Gone fishing! Get right back to it folks!
Old 04-24-2019, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Newsflash: This forum was designed to be a place for Fans of Fleetwood Mac and all of its members to come and converse. This includes Stevie Nicks.

If you don't like hearing other peoples adverse opinions on Stevie Nicks or any other member of Fleetwood Mac, that is your problem. Not a problem of this board.

What really killed this forum is fans who have this expectation to come to this forum and not see varying viewpoints or disagreements.

Bottom line - don't show up to a forum that is about a band, consisting of 5 members if you don't want to see varying opinions expressed about any one of them.

At this point there is probably more discussion about the poor state of this place than negative comments about Stevie or anyone else by people who simply refuse to use features like their own capacity to ignore or use the block button.

Also, there's no need for anyone to announce why they don't post here anymore or why they left. What exactly is the point? Come out of the woodwork to complain and pile onto more of the same? OK.

There is no sign on the front door of this forum that says "only positive posts about stevie nicks allowed" nor should there ever be. Anyone who can't accept that is completely unrealistic. People will say things you either don't like or disagree with. That's life.

Can we move on now?

Last edited by BigAl84; 04-24-2019 at 11:35 AM..
Old 04-24-2019, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Newsflash: This forum was designed to be a place for Fans of Fleetwood Mac and all of its members to come and converse. This includes Stevie Nicks.

If you don't like hearing other peoples adverse opinions on Stevie Nicks or any other member of Fleetwood Mac, that is your problem. Not a problem of this board.

What really killed this forum is fans who have this expectation to come to this forum and not see varying viewpoints or disagreements.

Bottom line - don't show up to a forum that is about a band, consisting of 5 members if you don't want to see varying opinions expressed about any one of them.

At this point there is probably more discussion about the poor state of this place than negative comments about Stevie or anyone else by people who simply refuse to use features like their own capacity to ignore or use the block button.

Also, there's no need for anyone to announce why they don't post here anymore or why they left. What exactly is the point? Come out of the woodwork to complain and pile onto more of the same? OK.

There is no sign on the front door of this forum that says "only positive posts about stevie nicks allowed" nor should there ever be. Anyone who can't accept that is completely unrealistic. People will say things you either don't like or disagree with. That's life.

Can we move on now?
You've clearly missed the point entirely and seem to think I'm NOT a fan of all members of Fleetwood Mac - including pre-1975! Well you're wrong.

Historically, there has always been a balanced view of all the members on here. But in recent years, even before the recent split, the Stevie-bashing has increased. And now it's just ridiculous. These days, you could start a thread asking for toilet paper recomendations on here and it would turn into a Stevie hate fest within 5 posts! It amazes me that people who call themselves fans of this band and it's members, knowing their history and knowing their personal difficulties, drama's, exaggerations etc, that so called fans STILL think the current state of Fleetwood Mac is so one-sided.

I may not agree with Stevie's behaviour towards Lindsey, but I'm not stupid enough to believe it was completely one-sided. It's just one more over-blown drama in a 50 year history of over-blown drama's. And whatever went on between these 2 band members has no impact on how much I enjoy their music and haven't felt the need at any point to personally attack Stevie, Lindsey or any other member of the band.

This is meant to be a FAN forum, not a hate filled bitch fest about ANY of it's members, which is what it has become.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:42 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
You've clearly missed the point entirely and seem to think I'm NOT a fan of all members of Fleetwood Mac - including pre-1975! Well you're wrong.

Historically, there has always been a balanced view of all the members on here. But in recent years, even before the recent split, the Stevie-bashing has increased. And now it's just ridiculous. These days, you could start a thread asking for toilet paper recomendations on here and it would turn into a Stevie hate fest within 5 posts! It amazes me that people who call themselves fans of this band and it's members, knowing their history and knowing their personal difficulties, drama's, exaggerations etc, that so called fans STILL think the current state of Fleetwood Mac is so one-sided.

I may not agree with Stevie's behaviour towards Lindsey, but I'm not stupid enough to believe it was completely one-sided. It's just one more over-blown drama in a 50 year history of over-blown drama's. And whatever went on between these 2 band members has no impact on how much I enjoy their music and haven't felt the need at any point to personally attack Stevie, Lindsey or any other member of the band.

This is meant to be a FAN forum, not a hate filled bitch fest about ANY of it's members, which is what it has become.
You're correct that there's probably too much Stevie bashing on the forum, but that doesn't mean that Stevie is in the right here. Both things can be true. I think a lot of Stevie fans dismiss any criticism as "bashing", and get defensive. I get it, it's tough to admit that she did something wrong, but she broke up the band! It's like the number 1 rule of what not to do in a band. You don't issue a "him or me" ultimatum over a petty squabble.

I get that Stevie was fed up with Lindsey, but she just comes across as a total diva at this point. I don't think Lindsey would have ever broken up the band, and in recent years seems to have bent over backwards to please Stevie.

So fans are going to be upset that the classic lineup was broken up through what appears to be the actions of 1 member. This is the biggest news to hit FM since The Dance. Lindsey's firing is a bigger deal than Christine returning. And it hasn't helped that some posters were dismissing and "bashing" Lindsey from the get go. They acted like it was good riddance to Lindsey, minimized his contributions, and wanted people to get over it like a week later.

I still like Stevie and her music, and I don't think Mick is any more money-grubbing than the rest. He just loves to play, so why not play for the largest audience possible? I get all that. However, Stevie and Mick still made the wrong choice, and Stevie should have figured out a way to work out her issues with Lindsey. There's zero excuse for not returning his calls or emails. They just seem petty.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Well, you said it yourself, the complaining about Stevie started before she got Lindsey fired, so MAYBE Stevie deserves to be complained about?

And this is a fan forum site, so people can come here and talk about whatever band stuff they want, with other fans. That means bitching about band members if they want. Seems fair to me. If I want to bitch about Stevie, I can.

And if I'm not interested in a topic, then I don't open that thread.

But at no point have I ever tried to tell someone that their point of view is wrong, or to "get over it." Or to tell me that because I'm disappointed/angry/venting about Stevie that I'm not a fan. That is ignorant and rude. I just don't read/respond, try that and people won't dig their heels in so deeply.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Actually no, I got your point loud and clear. I didn't miss a beat.

You very clearly said:
"This is meant to be a fan forum. Why would people who still love the music and still call themselves a fan visit this forum if all that happens is the slagging off of one of it's most successful and most revered members?"

This is a really simple concept. She is a member of a band, and when you are a member of a band you have fans of that band and fans of a solo career.

She is part of this band and therefore all of the things that come with it, including fans who may say less positive things or express their view on a situation.

AGAIN...all of these opinions about b*tch fests and one sided arguments are strictly opinions, nothing more. It's fan forum where everyone can voice their opinion. Nowhere does it say it has to be anything specific. If you have an issue with the variety of opinions and views expressed here, that is your problem and please don't let the door hit you on the way out.

This is an OPEN FORUM. Not a controlled dialogue where members are expected to only post a specific way. Having a different opinion doesn't make you any less of a fan, so please check that BS at the door too.

Speaking of overblown drama, getting your nose bent out of shape because folks have a different opinion than you...well that sure is some overblown drama right there.

Last edited by BigAl84; 04-24-2019 at 10:12 PM..
Old 04-24-2019, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie killed this forum. If she would have recorded with the band and didn't get Lindsey fired, everything would be fine. It's on her..end of story.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I used to love coming on here and feeling at home with the passionate discussions about my favorite band, which ranged from interpretations of old songs to speculation on upcoming performances.

I visit maybe once a month these days and rarely post because people are so angry and quick to attack. I’m a huge Stevie fan AND I am having a hard time with Lindsey’s firing and heart attack. I’m upset with Stevie for kicking Lindsey out of the band AND I want to hear both of their sides of the story. I wish there was room for nuanced discussion. I agree with what others have said. It’s the vitriol and misogyny that keeps me away. We might as well call this board “The Wedge” because it’s become so divisive.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Stevie killed this forum. If she would have recorded with the band and didn't get Lindsey fired, everything would be fine. It's on her..end of story.
Totally true.
Old 04-27-2019, 08:31 AM
gypsy333
This message has been deleted by gypsy333.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You're all a bunch of drama queens - that's what killed this forum. I don't participate on here anymore either.

RIP Ledge.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krrrby View Post
You're all a bunch of drama queens - that's what killed this forum. I don't participate on here anymore either.
Well apparently you do 'cause here you are!! LOL
Old 05-03-2019, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Has Stevie’s behavior killed the Ledge?

On quick glance I always think the title of this thread says, " Has Stevie’s brother killed the Ledge?"