User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm going to have to watch it again... I did not see that at all. I'll have to look at his face. I was mostly watching body language.

I'm not bitter as a CMcVie fan.. As much as I adore her work.. she really thrives with the Buckster. I hope the 5 of them find there way back to each other. I think she needs them as much as they need her... It's a 2 way down endless street...
That part was meant to be a little tongue-in-cheek. Yes, Lindsey and Christine thrive with each other, especially musically. And all I'm hoping is that this won't be the last we see of Christine, and hopefully we get the possibility of new material with her on board in any configuration (FM, that LB/CM musical team, solo, whatever as long as she's there).

Maybe they should record in the UK (London or Kent, perhaps), or even Hawaii. Might take some work (and it may not be the best situation for everyone), but it would be nice. Hell, why not get all of them in Christine's house (if in the UK) or Mick's place (if in Hawaii) to cut costs? Schedule recording in the summer so Lindsey's family can come along. You have two people who can actually cook (Chris and John) so there won't exactly be shortage of food either.

It's gonna be Benifold all over again.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie

Last edited by applebucked; 09-26-2013 at 11:11 AM..
Old 09-26-2013, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

SO SWEET. I was grinning like an idiot through the entire song. And yes, there is definitely something to be said about the unique musical chemistry between Christine and Lindsey. It was cute how Stevie and Chris kept looking over at each other when they were sharing the vocals too.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Everything about it is priceless.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

God bless this thread. Jealous that I couldn't travel to London and see this historical moment.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well people, I'm so hapy with the pictures!!! I still can't believe what happened. I'M SO HAPPY!!!!! And it's glad to know that she will perform again in London. God, why I live so far away!!!!!!
Anyway, I'm happy for everyone who went last night to that show and enjoyed Chris on stage, and Peter also there! Not in stage, but...
Regards!!

(And She's 70 now??? She's like the wine!!!)

Last edited by moon; 09-26-2013 at 12:50 PM..
Old 09-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
and Peter also there! Not in stage, but...
Stevie said some really lovely things about Peter before Landslide, it was very sweet.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Such a very touching moment for everyone.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieannboo View Post
Yep Peter Green was in the audience somewhere and when Christine came on stage everyone went mental: shame it was just one song.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali101 View Post
Receiving a rapturous reception, she sang 'Don't Stop' with the group on the second of their three nights at the venue on their current tour of the UK. Another former bandmember, Peter Green - who left the group in 1970 - was in the crowd for the show, and Stevie Nicks dedicated the song 'Landslide' to the founding member of Fleetwood Mac.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
Stevie said some really lovely things about Peter before Landslide, it was very sweet.
And, yeah, I'm beside myself that Christine hit the stage with them. I really am. Magical moment. But, there's sub-text (to borrow a Lindsey-ism) and extenuating circumstances that piss me off.

Peter Green is in the audience. Sure, Stevie's token "Landslide" dedication...they couldn't bring themselves to insert one of HIS songs into the set and dedicate it to him (especially THE ONE that has spanned every incarnation of the band since it's creation: "Oh Well")?? Granted he probably wouldn't have joined them on stage to play with them, but, they couldn't bring themselves to AT THE VERY LEAST invite him on-stage for final bows (even unannounced)?

They're already on my sh**list for totally ignoring Bob Welch's passing as if he never existed. (another case of them not bringing themselves to insert AT LEAST "Hypnotized" back into the set just for this tour since God-forbid they play a song that didn't have "Buckingham", "Nicks" or "McVie" as its composer). Almost Stalin-istic of them to ignore history. And, pretty much brings to light the REAL people "behind the mask"
Old 09-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
they couldn't bring themselves to insert one of HIS songs into the set and dedicate it to him (especially THE ONE that has spanned every incarnation of the band since it's creation: "Oh Well")??
Oh, you mean like they did 3 years ago?
Old 09-26-2013, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueletter18 View Post
SO SWEET. I was grinning like an idiot through the entire song. And yes, there is definitely something to be said about the unique musical chemistry between Christine and Lindsey.
I know. Christine and Lindsey are so far apart on stage that it's hard to watch both of them at the same time, but so worth it to try.

Christine is the type of person where ... it's never about her anyway, even on her OWN songs. And all night I was thinking, "oh she is here. She could come out and play the accordion on Tusk. She could share his mic on World Turning. She could play the intro on Silver Springs. She can only make everything better. She detracts from nothing. She distracts from nothing.

She's playing her heart out on keyboards, he starts grooving harder on guitar. Few things in life are better than that.

I thought about John last night. I wonder how that felt for him. Beyond imagining.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I think John was very emotional though.
Oh yes. When the other guys were playing around doing their, "why did that keyboard just appear on the stage" routine, it looked like John was almost in pain to me. He wasn't smiling at the charade. Too anxious to be jocular. I felt -- being a little melodramatic myself -- that his heart was in his stomach. Then when they left the stage he held her so protectively, as if to keep her from falling -- which she was not in danger of doing anyway.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 09-26-2013 at 03:03 PM..
Old 09-26-2013, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

Final note for all the Lindsey / Christine collaboration supporters: There is and has been nothing stopping this from happening except the two of them. So, for everyone who thinks that Lindsey should dump Stevie and go do something with Christine -why hasn't he? He does what he wants to. Frankly, I'm glad he wants to and chooses to work with Stevie.
This is true. Lindsey could have worked with Christine doing the SYW album. I think he didn't want to if she wouldn't tour. Yes, he wants to work with Stevie, but he could actually do more of that working with Christine.

But the argument amuses me because I've thought the exact same thing in a different context. I think the comment is true of the so-called Lindsey and Stevie romance. Until Lindsey actually became a father, there has been nothing stopping Lindsey and Stevie from being together romantically except the two of them. They may have had some physical dalliances since then, but they obviously aren't compatible as long term romantic partners, or they would have been and would have been so monogamously at some point in these many, many decades.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
interesting.

i saw the opposite from you all, and remember, i focus on Lindsey when watching these vids:

he was annoyed waiting to get his hug from Chris when she first came out b/c Stevie would not let her go.

then he was annoyed again when Don't Stop was over b/c again Stevie was holding Chris in the corner by the keyboards instead of letting her get over to the middle so they can all have the moment together instead of just Stevie and Chris.

he was BEAMING during the bows and kept catching Chris' eyes and then finally blew her a kiss as John was hugging her.
I agree with you Elle as to what Lindsey was annoyed about. When Christine first came out Stevie had her and Lindsey walked over and waited for them to finish hugging. He had his arm outstretched and he wanted in on the embrace and enthusiasm. He was standing there a little on the outside and had to say "Christine" to break her and Stevie up. Then, he and Christine hugged too. He was not trying to rush the hug, he was trying to be part of it. Now you can say he could just wait his turn to be hugged, but in the past he never had to wait.

I got the impression that if he hadn't intervened, Christine might not have hugged him at all and he minded that. I honestly felt worse about her coldness towards him after the show than when I got home and looked at pictures, where I saw moments that captured their bond. I mean, who hugs whom seems like a childish thing, but when I think of the past, during the first part of the Dance tour when they gathered for the last bow, Christine would sometimes leave her piano and walk across the stage straight into Lindsey's arms. That's what I was hoping to see again. Maybe I didn't because she was mad (hurt, a little offended) at Lindsey and for good reason. I'm mad at him too.

But I don't think he was trying to rush anything along. I think there was a time when he was actually more physically demonstrative with Christine than Stevie was and, now, he was like a third wheel. Based on what I saw between the 3 when Christine first took the stage, before Don't Stop, I think that's what bothered him at the end when Christine came back for the last and second bow. Stevie was approaching Christine as soon as she emerged from back stage and then as soon as Don't Stop was over. She started hugging her again. John had an opportunity to move in himself but he kind of made a gesture as if Christine should enjoy the crowd's applause alone and bask in it by herself for a second. But Stevie didn't hold back, she just HUGGED and basically detained Christine on the one side of the stage. Instead of letting her walk to the middle. I think he felt left out that first time and that changed his manner when she returned after Say Goodbye. He had walked over before, but when he'd done that, he wasn't let in on the hug immediately, so I think pride kept him from walking over again. That's why he waved for them to come center stage.

Now, I DO think that there was a little tension. Lindsey has never done it during Don't Stop before, but he can actually walk right over and be a lot closer to Christine if he wants (after the vocals are done and he no longer needs his mic). He could play by her piano. He's done it before on other songs. He could meet her halfway. Christine and LB have had a lot more physical contact in the past than they had last night and I do think there was a reason. Of course, I keep in mind, that's not the first time he saw her. He saw her in Dublin. He saw her backstage. Maybe they had a lovefest offstage. But onstage, I felt that he felt the coolness and minded it and wanted to get in on the hugging action more, but did not feel welcome and maybe there was less action because of his dictate that she only perform on one song the last two nights.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 09-26-2013 at 05:49 PM..
Old 09-26-2013, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They're already on my sh**list for totally ignoring Bob Welch's passing as if he never existed.
I do admit to wincing slightly when Stevie, in her Without You "comedy" ramble said that Fleetwood Mac's guitarist had left without even mentioning his name. I also thought Peter Green didn't get quite the ovation he deserved from the crowd- I sensed that knowledge about the band before Year Zero wasn't exactly spread equally around the O2.

You're right, though. As she acknowledged, Stevie's ramble cost the show three songs, and sometimes she doesn't quite know when she's losing her audience. Oh Well, or my own private fantasy, the re-emergence of the Green Manalishi would have been superb. Odd that on the only tour of the last three that they played Oh Well, Peter didn't turn up, or at least he wasn't acknowledged if he was there.

And what happened to Albatross? It was played on the PA after the end of the show on the SYW tour, but never since.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

he was annoyed waiting to get his hug from Chris when she first came out b/c Stevie would not let her go.
The whole, "this is a sisterhood" theme is actually a fallacy. I don't think that Stevie and Christine have had that kind of closeness since their condo days during the recording of one album. And I do think Stevie was monopolizing Christine a bit and prolonging the photo opps between them. I think Christine even thought it a bit much the way she quickly patted Stevie's hands when Stevie came up behind and hugged her.

I mean, Stevie is very genuine. I will never forget when Lindsey came onstage for Landslide during the BTM shows, obviously it was Stevie's time to shine with Lindsey in the spotlight, but she made it a point to acknowledge Christine over at the piano in the musical break during Landslide when she was not singing. Stevie made that reunion a threesome. So, Stevie is always going to be effusive over Christine and it's heartfelt enthusiasm, but last night I got the vibe that Lindsey felt it was exclusive and that Stevie kind of cornered Chris, making it less of a band reunion than a Christine/Stevie one.

Actually, I think a nervous Christine would have been much happier going to the piano and getting Don't Stop knocked out first and then embracing everyone afterwards, once those jitters were over.

Michele