The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw Behind The Mask while I was at Borders today... I didn't buy it though (I did however use a gift card to buy a compilation of The Velvet Underground I put back at JB Hi-FI yesterday). I was pretty surprised to see it in stock at a store, I must say!
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 04-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
I saw Behind The Mask while I was at Borders today... I didn't buy it though (I did however use a gift card to buy a compilation of The Velvet Underground I put back at JB Hi-FI yesterday). I was pretty surprised to see it in stock at a store, I must say!
You'll love them! My favourite album is Velvet Underground and Nico

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 04-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
JTIS that the hole left behind after you have a molar extracted is extremely disconcerting and also makes it difficult to enjoy your Snack Pack because you're convinced the hole is filling up with chocolate pudding, but it's not like you can really eat anything else, on account of there's a hole in your damn jaw.

FML.
on the other hand, teeth made out of delicious snacks would be a great idea. kinda like those candy necklaces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
snort.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
I snort.
Cocaine.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
on the other hand, teeth made out of delicious snacks would be a great idea. kinda like those candy necklaces.
Damn, girl. You're right. I should've kept the tooth they yoinked, we could've used it as a mold for Rice Krispie treats, gummy bears, Pez, etc. Then install them in dentures - it's portable candy! No wrappers, so good for the environment! We'd make a mint!

Unfortunately, when they asked me if I wanted the tooth, I hollered, "OMG, NO! GROSS! Why would I want that?"

Of course, now I know why I would want that. Damn my kneejerk refusals. Damn them.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 04-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

I kept my wisdom tooth when I had it removed even though I was WAY too old (20) for the little fairy envelope they put it in for me
Old 04-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But I'm pretty sure my friends don't like me liking the drugs. Be thankful you do not text me, or you will end up with a txt conversation like this when I'm all doped up on pain meds from having a tooth yoinked out of my damn jaw:

In response to him asking had I done something or another, me: I totally forgot. My bad. I would forget my head if it wasn't sewn on.

Him: Your head isn't sewn on, babe.

Me: Not true. Unfortunate incident back in '94 involving chainmail, galoshes, a fedora & an angry clothesline. Don't ask for more details, my PTSD will kick back in.

Him: O...kay.

Me: Look, my dear - just...never trust the French. It can only end in pain. That's all I'm sayin.'

Him: O...kay. Right. So what are you doing, anyway?

Me: Sitting here making up stories for you about that one time I got decapitated in Quebec?

Him: Right. I have to go now.

I would have giggled, but that would only end in pain, too.
I sent texts like this while awake too late on ambien all the time. I thoroughly enjoy them (and this).
Old 04-13-2010, 09:05 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I sent texts like this while awake too late on ambien all the time. I thoroughly enjoy them (and this).
Hah! I can never get anyone to play along, so while I'm busy being all "Christ, I'm adorable" at my cleverness, the person on the other end is all, "Someone remind me why I talk to this chick again?" Snrk.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 04-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Cocaine.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A friend of mine just came up to my window shouting the lyrics to 'Tusk' (I live in a large block of flats) to get me to let her in! Made my day.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:18 AM
Registered

I'm back to say things about that hole in my jaw again.

It's disconcerting me. Anyone ever have a back tooth, like a wisdom tooth or a molar, pulled before?

It's not really hurting me, but it's like...a hole. In my jaw. Y'know? And I'm afraid to eat because then stuff gets stuck in it and getting that out is even more disconcerting, if such a thing were even possible.

AND I'm terrified I'll get the dry socket, because Boy What Carries Things had the dry socket once when he had his wisdom teeth out, and he said it was appalling, and if he says it's appalling, then it's definitely appalling, cos I'm currently convinced he's got a broken bone in his foot but he keeps walking about on it anyway and tells me to be quiet, it's fine.

So...tooth extraction experiences? When can I stop worrying about the fact that there's a hole in my jaw?

I fear I sound like a hypochondriac, but I promise I'm not. I've just never had a hole in my jaw before and I'm having trouble dealing with the whole thing.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish I could help with the tooth sittyation, but all I have to offer is that I just got my Blondie tickets for june

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 04-16-2010, 05:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm back to say things about that hole in my jaw again.

It's disconcerting me. Anyone ever have a back tooth, like a wisdom tooth or a molar, pulled before?

It's not really hurting me, but it's like...a hole. In my jaw. Y'know? And I'm afraid to eat because then stuff gets stuck in it and getting that out is even more disconcerting, if such a thing were even possible.

AND I'm terrified I'll get the dry socket, because Boy What Carries Things had the dry socket once when he had his wisdom teeth out, and he said it was appalling, and if he says it's appalling, then it's definitely appalling, cos I'm currently convinced he's got a broken bone in his foot but he keeps walking about on it anyway and tells me to be quiet, it's fine.

So...tooth extraction experiences? When can I stop worrying about the fact that there's a hole in my jaw?

I fear I sound like a hypochondriac, but I promise I'm not. I've just never had a hole in my jaw before and I'm having trouble dealing with the whole thing.
Just go to a dentist, get it over and done with.
Dentists are cool!
Old 04-16-2010, 06:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wish I could help with the tooth sittyation, but all I have to offer is that I just got my Blondie tickets for june
Lucky you !
Can you tell me more about this ? Are they going to stay in England, or is it gonna be a European tour ? I'd LOVE to see them live.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:42 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
Just go to a dentist, get it over and done with.
Dentists are cool!
lol, already went to the dentist. That's why there's a hole in my jaw.