User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-05-2002, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by golddustchic
I FINALLY saw the commercial today!! You do not even know how much trouble I've gone through to watch it. I've taped VH1 every night for a few days. And finally, today, going through my tape I saw it. I started jumping up and down Man I really need to get a life Oh well. Anyway, I think the commercial is very nicely done and the lithograph sounds cool, but I already pre-ordered it on amazon. Well, there's always eBay.

Hi,
Do you happen to know the number? I recorded VH1 all night and it wasn't on. All I really need is the number though. Thanks!

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 10-05-2002, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yup, I have the number.

It's 1-800-993-3773

"Oh I let you slip away there was nothing I could do. That was so long ago still I often think of you..."-Lindsey Buckingham

"I didn't come here to be a mother, I didn't come here to be a nun, and I did not come here to be a cleaning lady; I came here to be a poet"-Stevie Nicks
Old 10-06-2002, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by highpriestess53

I had a chat with Warner Music UK the folks who deal with the FM back catalogue....

They as yet have NO idea when the US version will be available in the UK......it could be several months. Also the reason they are not releasing the US version as the 'official' UK release is entirely driven by money. Double CD's do not sell well in the UK also the content of the US cd has FM's lesser known tracks to the UK audience. Hence the UK get a heavily edited single cd with pre 1975 material added as those tracks did very well in the UK and not the US. But the irony lies in the fact that WBR's International Office (USA) made the decision as to what The UK audience is going to listen to.
One word:

Idiots.

Thanks a lot for the info. Louise.

Old 10-06-2002, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Another thing that doesn't make sense to me about the UK edition... 'Behind The Mask' was a #1 album there, and not a single song was used for this 'Greatest Hits' set.

If they're trying to go for the songs that were the most familiar to UK audiences (especially younger fans), you'd think they would have included at least one of the 'Mask' tracks.

I have a fairly good understanding of how music biz people tend to think (with an off-kilter logic, that's driven by a strong sense of greed), but even within their *own* version of logic, they still manage to do some pretty baffling things sometimes.

Johnny Stew
Old 10-07-2002, 03:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by iamstevienicks
so many different versions to buy

*Gets out loan* (seriously)

I want that lithograph
They don't ship internationally...i emailed them

Pip
Old 10-08-2002, 03:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up I was just....

flipping through the channels and just saw the TV ad on Cartoon Network, But the phone number was different than the one I saw posted on here earlier...And the ad was through a company called (I could be wrong on the name because I had to flip my picture-in-picture on this system....) OnlyHitsNow.com, And it also included the lithograph...Kinda of a long commercial though, Longer than most of the ads I usually see for new music releases....Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-08-2002, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Dear God no!!!

I just realised - we in Australia got the weird 88 GH with 'Oh Diane' and w/out Over My Head. That means they probably view the Oz demographic like they do the Brits. If they don't realease the non-deranged 'new GH' album...

GRAGHGH!!
Old 10-08-2002, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Actually...

the site showed on the ad I saw is http://www.onlyhitmusic.com/ not OnlyHitsNow.com...Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-08-2002, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up I saw it again last night too!

On the Travel Channel. I hit "record" after only a couple seconds into it. I jotted down the "new" 800 number, it's at home. I'll get it when I go home for lunch and post it later.

Livia
Old 10-08-2002, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I STILL haven't seen this commercial yet... and go crazy looking for it every time I watch TV.

Michelle

~long live the queen... under the skin~
Old 10-08-2002, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw it on MSNBC at 3 a.m. one night.
Barbara
Old 10-08-2002, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Okay, here's the new 800# I saw last night...

800-636-9955. I ordered mine yesterday, the total including shipping is $29.93. They also have express shipping for an additional $2.00. I didn't go for that, I'm not in THAT big of a hurry to get an album containing songs I've had for years. Geez, you'd think they could have given us a "little" something new. Guess we'll have to watch it on our computers via the "enhancement."

Livia
Old 10-09-2002, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks to Brian (estranged4life) mentioning that he saw the commercial on the Cartoon Network, I've now finally seen it!

I've been taping about 4 hours of VH1 every night since last Tuesday, and haven't managed to catch the commercial even once... so, because of Brian's comment, I decided to tape Cartoon Network last night instead, and I had the commercial within 15 minutes!

I thought it was very well put together... and FAR more interesting than the Rolling Stones ad that's been playing (and playing and playing).
And I was really pleased to see some VERY old footage looking crystal clear and vibrant.

There were clips from just about every video Fleetwood Mac has ever done, but I didn't notice anything from the "Seven Wonders" video (there wasn't anything from the "Everywhere" video either... but that's no big surprise!).
They even included a brief clip from the "Save Me" video (the horses running thru water), that neat semi-animated scene of Mick drumming a moving skyline, from the "In The Back Of My Mind" video, and quite a few clips from "Skies The Limit."

Anyway, it was really cool, and I'm glad I finally got to see it... thanks Brian!

Johnny Stew
Old 10-09-2002, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I saw the Burger King ad. FIVE TIMES today!!!

So THERE!!!

Old 10-15-2002, 05:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi,

Well after taping the Cartoon Network all Sunday night, I finally got a copy of the commercial. It's just a commercial but if anyone wants it, I'll be happy to make a copy if you send me a videotape and postage. It dosn't even mention the lithograph until the very end and dosn't show a picture of it. The price is $24.98 plus shipping and here's the phone number and address listed:
Best of Fleetwood Mac
PO Box 629
Dept. FM 002
Holmes, PA 19043
1-800-909-1144

Here's my email address if anyone's interested in a copy: melacine@hotmail.com Please put the word video or Fleetwood Mac in the subject line cuz I have my Hotmail filters turned on high and I won't get it otherwise.
Thanks!
Shel

http://stevienickswelshwitch.tumblr.com/

..so today she says, "Well I've changed my mind." That's a woman's right they say...