User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'd bet anything that $tevie had already "what if?'d" Mike, and knew he'd be on board.

you know it
Old 06-25-2018, 06:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you to the sensible person who changed the title of this thread to "reflections of Mick"
Old 06-25-2018, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
Thank you to the sensible person who changed the title of this thread to "reflections of Mick"
you didn't like my title? so now we have a completely misleading title about the actual content of the thread. because lately apparently bashing board members is completely ok (something typically done on the internets when one runs out of sensible argument!), but calling band members on their bs is apparently now verboten here.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-25-2018, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you didn't like my title? so now we have a completely misleading title about the actual content of the thread. because lately apparently bashing board members is completely ok (something typically done on the internets when one runs out of sensible argument!), but calling band members on their bs is apparently now verboten here.
I agree with you on the member bashing. The band was always fair game, but personal attacks on members weren't....which seemingly has changed here of late. I don't like it, either.

Thick skin has always been (pretty much) a requirement to ~hang~ on here, I guess it just has to be thicker, now. You got this, Elle.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with you on the member bashing. The band was always fair game, but personal attacks on members weren't....which seemingly has changed here of late. I don't like it, either.

Thick skin has always been (pretty much) a requirement to ~hang~ on here, I guess it just has to be thicker, now. You got this, Elle.
Misogynist comments about band members should not be considered fair game. The same way a racist comment wouldn’t be considered acceptable. They perpetuate nasty behavior against women and allowing it in the board sends a message that it is acceptable behavior. If Homer and others can’t understand this, that is on them. But they are hardly victims. They are bullies who hide behind a computer to express their misogyny but cry foul when the recipient of a personal attack.

The misogyny also plays out in how these posters interact with women who have the nerve to disagree strongly with them.

If owners want to ban me for calling out misogyny, feel free. There is very little useful or interesting dialogue here anyway, just a lot of chit-chat and backslapping among a handful of people.

Last edited by Buster; 06-25-2018 at 12:51 PM..
Old 06-25-2018, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
For some of us, this thread will always be known as: the "Mick is an a$$hole" thread. Mick isn't capable of any reflection at all.

Quote:

I see some with pretty thin skin here who get what they want. And then they have the audacity to say moderators do nothing.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Misogynist comments about band members should not be considered fair game. The same way a racist comment wouldn’t be considered acceptable. They perpetuate nasty behavior against women and allowing it in the board sends a message that it is acceptable behavior. If Homer and others can’t understand this, that is on them. But they are hardly victims. They are bullies who hide behind a computer to express their misogyny but cry foul when the recipient of a personal attack.

The misogyny also plays out in how these posters interact with women who have the nerve to disagree strongly with them.

If owners want to ban me for calling out misogyny, feel free. There is very little useful or interesting dialogue here anyway, just a lot of chit-chat and backslapping among a handful of people.
The difference is that PERSONAL ATTACKS ARE FORBIDDEN HERE(whether enforced or not). Are you able to comprehend the difference?

And just because someone doesn't like $tevie Nick$ doesn't make them a misogynist. It means they have excellent taste, somewhat above the general masses.

But just keep ranting and pointing your finger. Few care.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Probably "Reflections on Mick's Yahoo Interview" would be most descriptive, as that was what triggered your anger, and what we were first commenting upon. This title makes the thread sound a lot more philosophical than it is, lol. Of course, as is the case with most of our longer threads, we have strayed from that topic!