Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-02-2017, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Not necessary...

Stop being so divisive. Everyone will miss TP in their own way.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Its been a horrific day.
Tom is a legend. His sound and music catalog is out of this world. No padding with his albums... every song was good or fantastic. I always appreciated his bluntness in interviews. He fought record companies, record executives, etc. He also gave Stevie her much needed kick in the ass after klonopin to get her to write and make music again. To call him a legend is an understatement. I can see Stevie singing a solo Insider for some tribute to him.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE]Its been a horrific day.
Tom is a legend. His sound and music catalog is out of this world. No padding with his albums... every song was good or fantastic. I always appreciated his bluntness in interviews. He fought record companies, record executives, etc. He also gave Stevie her much needed kick in the ass after klonopin to get her to write and make music again. To call him a legend is an understatement. I can see Stevie singing a solo Insider for some tribute to him./QUOTE]
Tom is a legend. An icon. His music will live on forever.
I agree, Stevie will definitely pay respect and pay tribute to him.
They have recorded some amazing songs. Not just "SDMHA," but also the great "Insider," "Needles and Pins," "IWRTY," and I love her backing him up on "You can still change your mind." What a sad day this is.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Tom Petty is on life support then Im praying for a miracle. I can imagine what Stevie must be going through. Love and hooe to all.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:50 PM

Wow, this is so horrible on a deep level for me. He's just been around our whole lives. Some of us are a bit older. My favorite Petty song is Woman in Love.

It's so classic.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:56 PM
Junior Ledgie

Hoping for a miracle.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heartbroken.

Just saw him at The Hollywood Bowl last week.

He was a giant. Thanks to Jimmy Iovine he came into our
lives with a magical force the likes of which Ive never seen outside of the E Street Band.
The Hard Promises tour was phenomenal and he road what seemed like an eternal wave
of stellar songwriting ever since.
Stevie Nicks, George Harrison, Bob Dylan, The Dead, Roy Orbison, Dave Stewart and on and on.
The Heartbreakers were the best bar band Ive ever seen.

An American musical treasure who will be missed so deeply.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE]If Tom Petty is on life support then Im praying for a miracle. I can imagine what Stevie must be going through. Love and hooe to all./QUOTE]
It would be amazing and wonderful if he does make it.
Did u read the letter his daughter tweeted to Rolling Stone? She's mega pissed
Old 10-02-2017, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This hurts. My heart goes out to his family and friends.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One of the few great rock and roll guys in my opinion. This man was a talent a good team player. He will be missed. His music was amazing. And I loved what he did with Stevie. Three bands I wanted to last forever. Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty and the Rolling Stones. Can't get better.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Erroneous reports about Tom Petty's death cause confusion

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celeb...79r?li=BBnbfcL

LOS ANGELES For several hours Monday, music lovers believed Tom Petty was dead.

Courtney Love, Talib Kweli, Kid Rock, Cyndi Lauper, Paul Stanley and Lin-Manuel Miranda were among scores of fans posting remembrances on Twitter, where Petty was the top worldwide trending topic Monday afternoon. A memorial was scheduled for his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

But the 66-year-old entertainer is still alive, and news outlets that announced his death Monday retracted their stories later Monday. The Walk of Fame tribute was canceled.

The confusion started with CBS News and the Los Angeles Police Department. CBS published Petty's obituary after tweeting that the LAPD had confirmed his death. The trade paper Variety followed, citing an unnamed source confirming the rocker's death.

Then the LAPD issued a statement saying it has no information on Petty's condition and that "initial information was inadvertently provided to some media sources."

"We apologize for any inconvenience in this reporting," the department said.

CBS and Variety amended their stories. CBS News also released a statement maintaining that it "reported information obtained officially from the LAPD about Tom Petty."

"The LAPD later said it was not in a position to confirm information about the singer," the statement said.

Both CBS and Variety now cite TMZ reporting that says Petty is "clinging to life" after suffering cardiac arrest.

An LAPD spokesman said in an interview Monday that its spokespeople did not respond to any incident involving Petty. Officer Tony Im said he could not rule out that someone in the department spoke to reporters, but said the LAPD has no investigative role in the matter.

Coroner's officials said Monday they have not received a report of Petty's death. Fire officials have said they responded to an emergency call for a man experiencing cardiac arrest on the block where Petty lives in Malibu on Sunday night, but could not confirm it was the rocker who was taken to a local hospital.

Petty's manager did not respond to emails and phone calls seeking comment Monday.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-02-2017, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=TheWildHeart67;1217104]
Quote:
They have recorded some amazing songs. Not just "SDMHA," but also the great "Insider," "Needles and Pins," "IWRTY," and I love her backing him up on "You can still change your mind." What a sad day this is.
I couldn't agree more with this statement. Stevie and Tom's duet/harmony vocal legacy extends FAR beyond their TOP 5 hit "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around". While that hit is iconic, it's not their best vocal harmony.

That title would go to the live version of "Insider" AND "Needles and Pins" (which was actually a BILLBOARD TOP 40 hit, reaching #37 in early 1986). Both of those tracks recorded live during Stevie's guest spot with The Heartbreakers at THE L.A. FORUM in 1981 are pure perfection!

Although Tom's death has yet to be confirmed, it's reported that he's been taken off life support. Whatever happens, the world is quietly mourning a rock and roll icon. Pray for a miracle.

Last edited by WatchChain; 10-02-2017 at 09:34 PM..
Old 10-02-2017, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=WatchChain;1217115]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post

Although Tom's death has yet to be confirmed, it's reported that he's been taken off life support. Whatever happens, the world is quietly mourning a rock and roll icon. Pray for a miracle.
I have been and will continue to pray for a miracle for Tom. It aint over till its over!
Old 10-02-2017, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I couldn't agree more with this statement. Stevie and Tom's duet/harmony vocal legacy extends FAR beyond their TOP 5 hit "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around". While that hit is iconic, it's not their best vocal harmony.

That title would go to the live version of "Insider" AND "Needles and Pins" (which was actually a BILLBOARD TOP 40 hit, reaching #37 in early 1986).
I remember when Needles and Pins was a small hit,,increadible duet
Old 10-02-2017, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It was announced on NBC he has passed. I was listening to "Insider" on the headphones when I saw it ..what a crappy day and R.I.P. to one of the great rockers.