Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-09-2016, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 15 Things You Didn't Know About FM

Fleetwood Mac: 15 Things You Didn’t Know (Part 1)

By PPcorn - Jan 6, 2016

Read more: http://ppcorn.com/us/2016/01/06/flee...#ixzz3wj8hA3mA

Fleetwood Mac remain one of the most ubiquitous names in the music industry. The British-American rock band that brought us “Rhiannon” might be a little less relevant than they once were, but they are still going strong. However, despite all the time the band and its members have spent in the spotlight, there are still some things that many people don’t know about them. With that in mind, here we present our list of 15 things you probably didn’t know about Fleetwood Mac. Check out part one below, and stay tuned for part two, coming soon!

Number Fifteen: They Were Originally Led by Peter Green. Peter Green is widely considered to be one of the world’s greatest English blues guitarists, and he led the original Fleetwood Mac. However, he left the band in 1970.

Number Fourteen: One of the Founding Members Left to Join a Cult. One of Fleetwood Mac’s founding members was Jeremy Spencer, but he ended up leaving the band in 1971 to join a cult called the Children of God.

Number Thirteen: Danny Kirwan Left After a Nervous Breakdown. Guitarist Danny Kirwan experienced a breakdown in which he ran into a bathroom while the band was tuning and smashed his head into a wall. He then proceeded to destroy his guitar.

Number Twelve: Christine McVie Was Perfect. It’s true! McVie’s maiden name was Perfect. She even released her first solo album under the name “Christine Perfect.”

Number Eleven: Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks Joined on a Fluke. Buckingham and Nicks were recruited after Mick Fleetwood visited the recording studio and asked to listen to the album that was most recently recorded there. It just so happens it was the album featuring Buckingham and Nicks.

Number Ten: The Lineup You Think of as “Classic” Is Not Really Classic. Most people associate Fleetwood Mac with the lineup of Fleetwood, Nicks, Buckingma, Christine and John McVie. However, that lineup came after nine other ones before theirs failed.

Number Nine: Christine McVie Was Not a Fan of “Dreams.” McVie really didn’t like the song that ended up being their biggest hit. She was turned off by the original chords until Buckingham altered the song to make it more interesting.

Read more: http://ppcorn.com/us/2016/01/06/flee...#ixzz3wj8tUhMk
Old 01-09-2016, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks Michele.I happen to find one on Stevie here.

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=49842

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-09-2016, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Thanks Michele.I happen to find one on Stevie here.

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=49842
Oh yes, I saw yours in the Stevie section. Thank you. Michele
Old 01-09-2016, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Post Fleetwood Mac: 15 Things You Didn’t Know (Part 2)

We already brought you part one of our list of 15 things you probably did not know about Fleetwood Mac, and now we’re back with part two! Check out eight more fascinating facts about the iconic band that brought us “Rhiannon” that you definitely (probably) did not know below. You might be surprised by what you find out!

Number Eight: “The Chain” Was Created by Merging Three Songs. “The Chain” is also the only song credited to all five members of Fleetwood Mac’s classic lineup. The song merges three other songs involving Fleetwood Mac members – Buckingham Nicks’ “Lola (My Love),” an unfinished track written by Christine McVie called “Keep Me There,” and an earlier version of “The Chain” that was acoustic and quite different.

Number Seven: Fleetwood’s Wife Had an Affair With His Best Friend. Mick Fleetwood was married to model Jenny Boyd; however, she had an affair with Fleetwood’s best friend and former band member Bob Westen throughout the mid-1970s.

Number Six: Christine McVie Wrote “You Make Loving Fun” About an Affair. McVie was having an affair with Fleetwood Mac’s lighting director, Curry Grant. She wrote “You Make Loving Fun” about her relationship with Grant.

Number Five: “Silver Springs” Got Cut. Stevie Nicks’ “Silver Springs” got cut from Rumours because there was not enough space and the other band members did not think it was the right fit. The song ended up on the b-side of “Go Your Own Way.”

Number Four: Stevie Nicks Got Sued for “Sara.” A songwriter named Carol Hinton sued Nicks because she thought “Sara” was too similar to something she had written and submitted to Warner Bros. However, she dropped the suit after Nicks proved her wrong.

Number Three: Nicks Wrote “Gypsy” About Her Own Poverty. Nicks and Buckingham were, at one point, living together in extreme poverty. Nicks wrote “Gypsy” about their time together when they were sleeping on a single mattress on the floor.

Number Two: Nicks Abused Cocaine. In fact, she abused cocaine so much in the 1970s and 1980s that she burned a hole in her nose’s cartilage. She became motivated to stop after a surgeon told her she could lose her nose.

Number One: “Landslide” Was Never Released as a Single. Though many people know the song “Landslide,” the song was actually first made famous by the cover by The Smashing Pumpkins. It has since been covered by many artists today.

Read More: http://ppcorn.com/us/2016/01/09/flee...#ixzz3wnKCGvjk
And all those races that are run
They cause patterns"
Old 01-10-2016, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saradorna View Post

Number Two: Nicks Abused Cocaine... She became motivated to stop after a surgeon told her she could lose her nose.
Those nose stories grow and grow and grow.

That'sa my gurl Pinocchio
Old 01-10-2016, 02:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Number Eight: “The Chain” Was Created by Merging Three Songs. “The Chain” is also the only song credited to all five members of Fleetwood Mac’s classic lineup. The song merges three other songs involving Fleetwood Mac members – Buckingham Nicks’ “Lola (My Love),” an unfinished track written by Christine McVie called “Keep Me There,” and an earlier version of “The Chain” that was acoustic and quite different.
I wonder why they didn't mention that the (gorgeous) acoustic demo was written by Stevie.

Kinda disappointed that most of these facts are common knowledge for FM fans and easily found in any documentary or Wikipedia page regarding the band.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

One fact that I find amazing which I've created myself is that Stevie has had nearly as many top 10 albums as FM, with Stevie at 6 and FM at 7.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh yes, I saw yours in the Stevie section. Thank you. Michele
No problem Michele.

Old 01-10-2016, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Those nose stories grow and grow and grow.

That'sa my gurl Pinocchio

That was funny.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:29 PM
Ledgie

Quote:

Number One: “Landslide” Was Never Released as a Single. Though many people know the song “Landslide,” the song was actually first made famous by the cover by The Smashing Pumpkins. It has since been covered by many artists today.

Read More: http://ppcorn.com/us/2016/01/09/flee...#ixzz3wnKCGvjk
I disagree with this item. "Landslide" was well known long before the Smashing Pumpkins. Although not a single, it was heavily played on FM AOR radio shortly after the White Album was released.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheappd View Post
I disagree with this item. "Landslide" was well known long before the Smashing Pumpkins. Although not a single, it was heavily played on FM AOR radio shortly after the White Album was released.

So true.......1975 Landslide has always had heavy air play since the release of the album and to this day. The Smashing Pumkins version was played a bit and crashed! The Dixie Chicks version got much more air play than the SP version.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK, I'll admit I didn't know about #1, 4 & 5, but the rest is old news.

Lee
Old 01-11-2016, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just posted Stevie's part two in the Stevie forum for those who are interested .

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...54#post1177354

Old 01-13-2016, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 15 things you didnt know about Fleetwood Mac

Something you didn't know about Fleetwood Mac:

Amongst other things it is an anagram of 'Cool few mated', 'Two female cod', 'Wet fecal mood', 'Oaf cow melted' and 'Come fowl date'
Old 01-13-2016, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Something you didn't know about Fleetwood Mac:

Amongst other things it is an anagram of 'Cool few mated', 'Two female cod', 'Wet fecal mood', 'Oaf cow melted' and 'Come fowl date'
You forgot EET WOOD MAC