Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-10-2006, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine and Bob Welch & Friends Live at the Roxy

I just watched this Bob Welch video & noticed that after Bob introduced Sentimental Lady by saying "You may remember this", someone repeated this phrase again in a very mocking tone of voice. It sounded like Christine. Has anyone noticed this? Is it her? Also, just before she did Remember Me, Bob was giving a little speech & she seemed to interrupt him. She seemed to be somewhat slightly annoyed with him. Has anyone else ever noticed this or am I imagining it?
Old 03-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I just watched this Bob Welch video & noticed that after Bob introduced Sentimental Lady by saying "You may remember this", someone repeated this phrase again in a very mocking tone of voice. It sounded like Christine. Has anyone noticed this? Is it her? Also, just before she did Remember Me, Bob was giving a little speech & she seemed to interrupt him. She seemed to be somewhat slightly annoyed with him. Has anyone else ever noticed this or am I imagining it?
Unfortunately I'v never seen this video but I'm not sure those two saw eye to eye - he did make some unflattering remarks about Ms McVie on his Q&A as I recall.

Gail
Old 03-10-2006, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just watched this Bob Welch video & noticed that after Bob introduced Sentimental Lady by saying "You may remember this", someone repeated this phrase again in a very mocking tone of voice. It sounded like Christine. Has anyone noticed this?
yes that's chris. She's not mocking Bob. She's just relaxed & playing around with an MC style.
Quote:
Also, just before she did Remember Me, Bob was giving a little speech & she seemed to interrupt him. She seemed to be somewhat slightly annoyed with him. Has anyone else ever noticed this or am I imagining it?
she's not annoyed at all. she's just relaxed & playing around & jumping in to the introduction to say something. She had a great time that night. However, Bob seemed slightly annoyed that night in person when the whole club went kind of crazy for Stevie. When you have a guest star who takes the cream of the applause & standing ovation & all that, it sort of unbalances things.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
yes that's chris. She's not mocking Bob. She's just relaxed & playing around with an MC style.
she's not annoyed at all. she's just relaxed & playing around & jumping in to the introduction to say something. She had a great time that night. However, Bob seemed slightly annoyed that night in person when the whole club went kind of crazy for Stevie. When you have a guest star who takes the cream of the applause & standing ovation & all that, it sort of unbalances things.
I wasn't sure if she was mocking him. It sounded sort of funny. I'm glad that she was just having fun. I never picked up on anything about him being annoyed with Stevie. She definitely did upstage him during "Gold Dust Woman".

David, were you at the show that night?
Old 03-10-2006, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wasn't sure if she was mocking him. It sounded sort of funny. I'm glad that she was just having fun. I never picked up on anything about him being annoyed with Stevie. She definitely did upstage him during "Gold Dust Woman".

David, were you at the show that night?
Yes. Christine & Mick were billed beforehand, but not Stevie -- there was just a mysterious reference to "Madame X." Someone thought Mick was going to dress up as a woman, like a cheerleader.

The "Madame X" business was done so that this small club wouldn't get swamped with thousands of people. This was at a time when Stevie's album was at the top of the charts & she was on the cover of Rolling Stone. She was really quite huge then & the club would have been a fire hazard, to say the least, had she been announced as "Stevie Nicks"

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-10-2006, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She was really quite huge then
Homer...Stop...Don't go there...Step away from your keyboard.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Christine say something like "you said you weren't going to bother me" when Bob is introducing the Robbie Patton song.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
Homer...Stop...Don't go there...Step away from your keyboard.
There's no way Homer's going to let that go.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Bob seemed slightly annoyed that night in person when the whole club went kind of crazy for Stevie. When you have a guest star who takes the cream of the applause & standing ovation & all that, it sort of unbalances things.
Like the band didn't know that was going to happen. It was Stevie Nicks, they knew she'd garner a ****load of attention. They would have to have been living in a vaccum not to know the place would errupt. Not to mention they chose to play her song.

Also if they credited her as Madame X for security reasons, odd that they still gave that credit on the video, laser disc and CD. Although the CD has a label on the outside of the shrink wrap that lists Stevie Nicks even though the orginal art enclosed has the Madame X credit. Sells product better, especially for a Bob Welch release. I love his work, but Stevie completist fans will buy the CD for her and not necessarily Bob.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:13 PM

She couldn't have hated him too much if she went into the studio with him to produce, perform and sing on half of French Kiss.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:39 PM
Ledgie

I've just recently gotten back into the Fleetwood Mac loop here.... Is this Bob Welch video something you can actually buy, or is it just a bootleg?
Just wondering.... Thanks!

Andrea
Well let it let go of the sorrow."
--Stevie Nicks, "Juliet"
Old 03-10-2006, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmfanatic
I've just recently gotten back into the Fleetwood Mac loop here.... Is this Bob Welch video something you can actually buy, or is it just a bootleg?
It WAS something you could buy, but it's available on CD. The cover is the same as the original video cover. Don't worry. It's not much to look at. I mean, I think Mick looks the best of the lot on that one. I don't know what the hell Bob was wearing, Christine was bloated, Stevie's wardrobe, which included what appears to be a purple leather mini-skirt, looks terrible, and Robbie Patton couldn't have looked sillier jumping around on stage. A little too in the moment.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-11-2006, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Andrea
I bought my video on eBay a while back. But you may be able to find a few traders who have it. I think a few even have it on DVD.

Andrea, are you the same "fmfanatic" who used to post on the Ledge about 7 years ago?
Old 03-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
I bought my video on eBay a while back. But you may be able to find a few traders who have it. I think a few even have it on DVD.

Andrea, are you the same "fmfanatic" who used to post on the Ledge about 7 years ago?
Yep, that girl was me! Seriously, though, these boards were probably littered with my posts way back when.... But around 2003 or so, I kind of got tired of FM for a while -- I think I was just upset that Christine quit touring, and the band still continued without her. (Yes, I know what some of you are thinking -- but IMHO, Fleetwood Mac just isn't the same without Christine....) Not to mention I started working full-time, and I moved 3 times in the past couple years.

But around 2004, I discovered iTunes, and put all my old FM albums and demos on my computer, and started listening to them again. And then Christine released In the Meantime (needless to say I loved it!) -- so that made me decide to start lurking on all the FM message boards again....

Just proof that you really *can't* break the chain!

Andrea
Well let it let go of the sorrow."
--Stevie Nicks, "Juliet"
Old 03-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yep, that girl was me! Seriously, though, these boards were probably littered with my posts way back when.... But around 2003 or so, I kind of got tired of FM for a while -- I think I was just upset that Christine quit touring, and the band still continued without her. (Yes, I know what some of you are thinking -- but IMHO, Fleetwood Mac just isn't the same without Christine....) Not to mention I started working full-time, and I moved 3 times in the past couple years.

But around 2004, I discovered iTunes, and put all my old FM albums and demos on my computer, and started listening to them again. And then Christine released In the Meantime (needless to say I loved it!) -- so that made me decide to start lurking on all the FM message boards again....

Just proof that you really *can't* break the chain!

Andrea
Then welcome back! By the way, when you said that you know what some of us are thinking about Fleetwood Mac not being the same without Christine...you don't have to worry about that in this forum. There are quite a few here who agree with you.