The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 05-08-2019, 06:52 AM
TrueFaith77's Avatar
TrueFaith77 TrueFaith77 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York City!
Posts: 4,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Kristen, can our guy talk or not?
Well that is straight to the point.

good question
__________________
"They love each other so much, they think they hate each other."

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-08-2019, 09:03 AM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I am thinking positively. He's always been private, so perhaps he's just healing on his own with his family. The cynic in me hopes he's waiting until the bands kicks off their EU tour to come out with an update, photo and news on his health and take their thunder
Well, that's my other choice. I was thinking that too. And it would make sense.

Which means we will have to wait until November for an update.
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-08-2019, 09:23 AM
lovethemac1's Avatar
lovethemac1 lovethemac1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: center of Canada
Posts: 760
Default

Maybe now that those idiots (John, Chris and Mick) are on a break, they will be sitting around and thinking about what they did, and it will start to weight on their minds and guilty conscience.....and other than Stevie, they might start to realize the magnitude of what they were party to. I'm hoping so. I'm hoping that it starts to eat them inside out.

Stevie won't care one bit about what she did. I'm sure she's attempting dancing (because I think she looks like an imbecile while she does her dumb dances) around her place, in her ridiculous/mausoleum wardrobe, looking like Miss Havisham.

I hope and pray that Lindsey and Kristen are enjoying their family, the sunshine, peace, relaxation, and a constant movement towards him getting better.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-08-2019, 10:20 AM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Well, that's my other choice. I was thinking that too. And it would make sense.

Which means we will have to wait until November for an update.
Europe kicks off in a few weeks
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-08-2019, 01:05 PM
sodascouts's Avatar
sodascouts sodascouts is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 4,478
Default

I'm praying for Lindsey and trying to keep positive but I kinda think if they had some good, reassuring news, they would share it with the fans.

That's what worries me.
__________________
- Nancy

Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-08-2019, 01:24 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Europe kicks off in a few weeks
I know that. But I don't think his intention is to "take their thunder". Like, seriously, as much as I love him, he can't go against the big machine.

I'm thinking he will wait until their tour ends. JMO.
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-08-2019, 01:40 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I'm praying for Lindsey and trying to keep positive but I kinda think if they had some good, reassuring news, they would share it with the fans.

That's what worries me.
I am worried. Is there a word for hypochondria that is not directed at yourself but at another person? I am beginning to have unreasonable fears that have no basis in fact, every time I hear a news story about someone who had open heart surgery that went awry. If it happened to some rando person, I begin to think it probably happened to Lindsey too.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-08-2019, 04:27 PM
AliceLover AliceLover is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I am worried. Is there a word for hypochondria that is not directed at yourself but at another person? I am beginning to have unreasonable fears that have no basis in fact, every time I hear a news story about someone who had open heart surgery that went awry. If it happened to some rando person, I begin to think it probably happened to Lindsey too.
I feel for their kids. The three of them are still so young. It must be tough to be dealing with high school/college and a father who is ill. My mother got cancer when I went away to school, its not easy to deal with and its really hard to wrap your brain around.

It would be nice if Kristin tweeted something about Lindsey's health. Maybe she's paranoid too?

I'm going to stick with my original statement. Stevie and Lindsey's chapter is not over. They might not hash things out right away, but there will be repentance of some kind.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-08-2019, 07:49 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,152
Default

Yes, it must be hard, especially when your dad is so vibrant. Lindsey always joked about his age. He said hed be using a drool cup by the time Stella graduated. But even though hes an older dad, they never had to face his mortality until now.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-08-2019, 09:13 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I know that. But I don't think his intention is to "take their thunder". Like, seriously, as much as I love him, he can't go against the big machine.

I'm thinking he will wait until their tour ends. JMO.
I definitely don't think it's about going against the big machine. I just think people care about LB more than the Big Machine thought. And their behavior post his health news especially, has been reprehensible
Either way--I hope our guy is well, healing, embraced in the love of his family, and writing the soundtrack to the last 16 months (unlike the "creative geniuses" he left behind)
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-09-2019, 10:19 AM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I definitely don't think it's about going against the big machine. I just think people care about LB more than the Big Machine thought. And their behavior post his health news especially, has been reprehensible
Either way--I hope our guy is well, healing, embraced in the love of his family, and writing the soundtrack to the last 16 months (unlike the "creative geniuses" he left behind)
this would be great.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-09-2019, 10:40 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I feel for their kids. The three of them are still so young. It must be tough to be dealing with high school/college and a father who is ill. My mother got cancer when I went away to school, its not easy to deal with and its really hard to wrap your brain around.

It would be nice if Kristin tweeted something about Lindsey's health. Maybe she's paranoid too?

I'm going to stick with my original statement. Stevie and Lindsey's chapter is not over. They might not hash things out right away, but there will be repentance of some kind.
I hope that poisonous chapter is truly over. She has done enough. Bye, bye, Stevie!!
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-10-2019, 03:10 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 11,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I hope that poisonous chapter is truly over. She has done enough. Bye, bye, Stevie!!
If a bus ran over her tomorrow morning, I'd have a hard time NOT dancing in the streets. Cuz $he's NASTY.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-10-2019, 06:45 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I definitely don't think it's about going against the big machine. I just think people care about LB more than the Big Machine thought. And their behavior post his health news especially, has been reprehensible
Either way--I hope our guy is well, healing, embraced in the love of his family, and writing the soundtrack to the last 16 months (unlike the "creative geniuses" he left behind)
i hope you are right.

this is the first time since i started following LB that i feel like there may be nothing to look forward to in the future. it's not a good feeling.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-10-2019, 08:28 PM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 3,271
Default

Get well Lindsey.

To me, he's the spirit of FM that I still have with me. He's the last breath that I need to reignite that flame.
__________________
And then she became my eccentric, old Auntie Stevie.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

c1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE & CURRY GRANT MID FINGER
$66.99
c1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE & CURRY GRANT MID FINGER pictureWire Photo Famed British Bassist John McVie of Fleetwood Mac
$20.0
Wire Photo Famed British Bassist John McVie of Fleetwood Mac picturePress Photo Rock Bass Player John McVie of Fleetwood Mac
$20.0
Press Photo Rock Bass Player John McVie of Fleetwood Mac picture1977 Press Photo John McVie, British bass guitarist with Fleetwood Mac.
$19.99
1977 Press Photo John McVie, British bass guitarist with Fleetwood Mac. picture1988 Press Photo John Graham McVie Guitarist Bass Rock - RRU29333
$15.88
1988 Press Photo John Graham McVie Guitarist Bass Rock - RRU29333 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved