User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-25-2017, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Unfortunately he had a girlfriend and Stevie suddenly remembered herself.
This makes you realize what a couple of idiots they are. They clearly never intended to be happy together. They looove to suffer. So they can put it into their songs. Idiots.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
This makes you realize what a couple of idiots they are. They clearly never intended to be happy together. They looove to suffer. So they can put it into their songs. Idiots.
I love your takes on Shipperville..
Old 07-25-2017, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love your takes on Shipperville..

They never tried hard enough, IMO. I don't know if it was because they thought it was worthless, because they didn't want to hurt other people's feelings. That's ok, but then stop complaining about it on your songs!

It's probably one of the few things they have in common. At least Lindsey isn't constantly mentioning her on his concerts to trash her the next day.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 07-25-2017, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

They never tried hard enough, IMO. I don't know if it was because they thought it was worthless, because they didn't want to hurt other people's feelings. That's ok, but then stop complaining about it on your songs!

It's probably one of the few things they have in common. At least Lindsey isn't constantly mentioning her on his concerts to trash her the next day.

Yes, but we wouldn't have had all those angst ridden, angry, sad, liberated at last, fabulous fabulous songs written by both of them, about each other.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, but we wouldn't have had all those angst ridden, angry, sad, liberated at last, fabulous fabulous songs written by both of them, about each other.
I know, I know! I was waiting for someone to say it, because I totally agree!

I enjoy loving this romantically troubled band.

Last edited by button-lip; 07-25-2017 at 04:31 PM..
Old 07-25-2017, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They would never work out anyway because they are just too different in everything about their lives. That's probably part of the spark---opposites attract and all that ---- but they aren't the same two struggling kids they once were. He wants a pretty normal life and she wants a free as a bird single life. And honestly she just seems to get tired being with the same person for very long. She can blame all her breakups on career but plenty of performers have family lives. She likes change. And he's a serial monogamist. Recipe for disaster in the end. But lots of sparks.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I also think that at the time Stevie was wildly excited with their new fame, where as Lindsey wasn't....The music and production was the all important thing to him.

Stevie like the adulation and he just didn't get that, he liked to be in control of most things and suddenly he was not in control of her.

I don't know for sure but I think he's the quiet introvert and she's full of life and full of herself, once they were famous that was the kiss of death for their relationship..
Yes, their personalities are just polar opposites. Sometimes introverts and extroverts get along, sometimes they don't. In their case, they will never get along because they're both obsessed with being right. So there will never be common ground.

Just as a side note, introverts can be fabulous and full of life, too (Prince, J.K. Rowling, Bill Gates). They just express it differently

Last edited by SpyNote; 07-25-2017 at 06:54 PM..
Old 07-25-2017, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
Just as a side note, introverts can be fabulous and full of life, too (Prince, J.K. Rowling, Bill Gates). They just express it differently
what are you saying? that extroverts are somehow better than introverts (but hey - introverts can be ok too!)?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-25-2017, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
They would never work out anyway because they are just too different in everything about their lives. That's probably part of the spark---opposites attract and all that ---- but they aren't the same two struggling kids they once were. He wants a pretty normal life and she wants a free as a bird single life. And honestly she just seems to get tired being with the same person for very long. She can blame all her breakups on career but plenty of performers have family lives. She likes change. And he's a serial monogamist. Recipe for disaster in the end. But lots of sparks.
I don't think they were too different when they started dating, but I don't know, I wasn't there. It's just a hunch. Or maybe they were and she just put up with him until she got what she wanted. She even said last year at one of her concerts (when she dedicated Landslide to him) that at the end she decided to stay with him because she thought about all they had reached so far. Not because of love.

You have made a fantastic description of their lives.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So many of their songs they mention the term winning, Or something to that effect. I think at the root of it that's the issue neither is good giving the ground
Old 07-25-2017, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmmm interesting. That never seemed to stop her before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
Re: Stevie and Lindsey, this is interesting, from 2009:

Asked when she knew the romance was really over, Nicks said, "The day his first child was born. I knew that was it ... that was the definitive thing."

http://www.mtv.com/news/1609042/flee...sey-buckingam/
Old 07-26-2017, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
DING DING DING!!!
This is basically it, sure they had all the other problems that were mentioned on the first page-- jealousies, working together in the same band, being together 24/7, etc-- but I've always believed that this was the big thing.
Stevie was never going to end up with anyone. She was always going to be a "free spirit", not tied down by anyone or anything except her songs.
And I think that's even more obvious when considering the fact that Stevie never again had another real, proper, long-term relationship. She had lots of boyfriends for short periods of time, lots of affairs, but nothing long-lasting again. Lindsey had long-term relationship after long-term relationship. They had a very strong, combustible, but strong musical and physical chemistry that carried them through several years together with a lot of great music and drama coming out of it.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
Hmmmm interesting. That never seemed to stop her before.
lol seriously tho
Old 07-26-2017, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
My niece asked me why Stevie and Lindsey broke up, and I realized that I never really knew why. Ditto for Christine and John. Or who broke up with whom. If this is common knowledge, then it's even more embarrassing since I consider myself to be somewhat of a fan. If this has been discussed to death, maybe someone can refer me to that discussion. Thanks.

Kevin
While there are multiple accounts regarding the breakups floating around, I suppose it comes down to point of view.

It has been said that Stevie chose to end the relationship with Lindsey. So, I assume she initiated the break up.

John, by his own admission, had a terrible drinking problem and turned angry and mean when he drank. It seems like Christine chose to end that relationship.

Of course, who's to say? I'm sure each band member has their own version of history.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
what are you saying? that extroverts are somehow better than introverts (but hey - introverts can be ok too!)?
Nah, there are just misconceptions about who introverts and extroverts are. One isn't better than the other. They just have different personality types with specific comfort areas.

The main difference between introverts and extroverts is that introverts mainly get their energy from being alone, whereas extroverts mainly get their energy from other people. For example, Lindsey prefers being in the studio around his tight group of people, whereas Stevie prefers touring so she can be surrounded by people. Both get inspired by and energy from their respective comfort zones. But that's not to say Stevie doesn't enjoy being in the studio and Lindsey doesn't enjoy touring. They do both, but if they were to have a choice, they'd pick the one that aligns with their personality type.

Last edited by SpyNote; 07-26-2017 at 11:03 AM..