User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia
Awwww, poor baby. I went through the same thing with my kitty last year. They had to keep him on morphine the entire time, in order to work on him. He was in the kitty hospital for 3 days. I now refer to him as the cat with the $700 penis.

I'm sure Mufasa will be fine and home in no time. Sending kitty prayers your way!
Thanks for the laugh. Unfortunately its even more here as the estimate was twice that, $1,400! So he will be the man with the 1400 dollar penis. I just got an update and they said he is doing fine. They will x-ray later and if he is unobstructed he can come home. I just worry about him going under but I am sure he will be fine (fingers crossed).
Old 12-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari
ah.. poor thing! Wishing him well. I hate it when animals are ill. Bladder problems are quite common with cats, right.
Thanks Mari, its so sad to see him not feeling well because normally he is such a happy guy!
Old 12-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Back at home where my mom lives we got this orange tabby back in 1998. Her and I went to the humane soceity and for whatever reason mom was drawn to this cat in one cage that was constantly purring and meowing. SHe took him out and that was it. SO we were driving home trying to pick out a name for him and I came up with Norman. Mom was like "Norm on Cheers?" And I said "No, Norman Bates from Psycho. Cause cats sometimes have this rep that they're aloof and this one was absolutely the most friendly thing that ever lived. SO I settled on that name cause I figured he must be psychotic to be that friendly... He's like 7 now and hasnt changed a bit.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Thanks for the laugh. Unfortunately its even more here as the estimate was twice that, $1,400! So he will be the man with the 1400 dollar penis. I just got an update and they said he is doing fine. They will x-ray later and if he is unobstructed he can come home. I just worry about him going under but I am sure he will be fine (fingers crossed).
Well, I'm glad he's doing better. Vet bills can be outrageous! I'm in $10,000.00 this year! At least you get a good penis joke out of it!
Old 12-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Well, I'm glad he's doing better. Vet bills can be outrageous! I'm in $10,000.00 this year! At least you get a good penis joke out of it!
Wow!! What cost that much that your pet needed? Man that sounds expensive.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
Wow!! What cost that much that your pet needed? Man that sounds expensive.
Feb-March>surgery, 4 radiation treatments
March-July> 6 chemo treatments
July-Oct>monthly checkups
Oct-Nov>surgery,lab tests,CT scans($600 each!)mandibulectomy(jaw removal surgery)
Dec>He started a new type of chemo yesterday, which he'll do indefinitely. This is funny- this one's 3 pills, instead of an IV, like the previous chemo. He's always been a butthole about getting pills down him. Well, he escaped them trying to do it, and came running out to the waiting room, and jumped up on my lap. Everyone in the place was laughing. Save me, Dad! He's been there so much, he knew which hall to run down, to get out of there!
Old 12-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Feb-March>surgery, 4 radiation treatments
March-July> 6 chemo treatments
July-Oct>monthly checkups
Oct-Nov>surgery,lab tests,CT scans($600 each!)mandibulectomy(jaw removal surgery)
Dec>He started a new type of chemo yesterday, which he'll do indefinitely. This is funny- this one's 3 pills, instead of an IV, like the previous chemo. He's always been a butthole about getting pills down him. Well, he escaped them trying to do it, and came running out to the waiting room, and jumped up on my lap. Everyone in the place was laughing. Save me, Dad! He's been there so much, he knew which hall to run down, to get out of there!
Well, that's very cool that you care that much about him to care for him like that. Good for you.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Yeah, the going under thing is scary, but they know what they're doing. My kitty kept pulling out his catheter, and spraying pee on himself. Which is kinda funny, but he smelled terrible! Like pee, and just other animal hospital smells. You might want to pick up some of those kitty bathing cloths at a pet store. I used several on my cat.

When I took my baby home, he was still out of it for a couple days, real wobbly. I spoiled him rotten! Because he was a smelly cat, smelly cat (heh), I put towels on the couch and even put some food and water for him right on the couch as well.

Keep us posted!
Old 12-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, the going under thing is scary, but they know what they're doing. My kitty kept pulling out his catheter, and spraying pee on himself. Which is kinda funny, but he smelled terrible! Like pee, and just other animal hospital smells. You might want to pick up some of those kitty bathing cloths at a pet store. I used several on my cat.

When I took my baby home, he was still out of it for a couple days, real wobbly. I spoiled him rotten! Because he was a smelly cat, smelly cat (heh), I put towels on the couch and even put some food and water for him right on the couch as well.

Keep us posted!
Not to laugh at your cat's expense, but the image of him pissing himself did make me laugh.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
Not to laugh at your cat's expense, but the image of him pissing himself did make me laugh.
It was like a fountain!
Old 12-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Old 12-07-2005, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Keep us posted!
Oh he will be spoiled when he gets home, for sure! Thanks for the info, I would never have thought of the cloths. I also wouldn't have thought that he would be so out of it but that make sense given the trauma involved. My poor baby!

I spent 1300 on him last year due to a vomiting spell. He has been one expensive baby! Still not on par with your baby, Homie. I hope he is doing well!
Old 12-07-2005, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildInTheWind
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This cat is so frikkin cute I just want to snuggle him through the monitor!
Old 12-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are my cats. The first one is Gizmo and the secone one is Tank. The third pic is one of both of them.

Gizmo isnt the most photogenic but you can tell by the last picture how cute he is. I never thought I could love 2 little cats so darn much! It's amazing how quickly you become attached. They are like my children. LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gizzy.JPG (22.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg tank.JPG (51.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg gizzyandtank.JPG (30.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 12-07-2005, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's a recent picture of Cooper along with me, my husband, and my step-daughter (from previous husband).