The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Will Fleetwood Mac release a new album by the end of 2010?
Yes 24 27.91%
No 62 72.09%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe by the end of 2013
Old 10-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'll take a stab at this Luke.... cos they've saturated the market and know they won't sell tickets if they tour any sooner...
Bingo!
Old 10-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Bingo!
They've sure saturated my market.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Mine too. They stopped 3+ times in my area for the SYW tour. Now they're back hitting those exact same markets multiple times sans any new material... yawn. You know you're in trouble when you've even tired your hardcore fanbase.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope not. I feel like they'd do a lot of recycling if they hoped to get an album out that fast.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'll take a stab at this Luke.... cos they've saturated the market and know they won't sell tickets if they tour any sooner...
For the "greatest hits tour" maybe... NOT for any new materials! I know I'd race out to by a ticket for this one, knowing it's all new music! Haven't thought about that one did ya?

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....

Last edited by Steviefan49; 10-21-2009 at 09:10 PM..
Old 10-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Bingo!
Bingo for who? Not any FM fans I know, and I've been around awhile!

Last edited by Steviefan49; 10-21-2009 at 09:11 PM..
Old 10-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I hope not. I feel like they'd do a lot of recycling if they hoped to get an album out that fast.
Not necessarily. Artists used to release 2 albums a year. Any less than one every year, to me, is lazy. The Pet Shop Boys have released, on average, an album's worth of new music every year this decade. And it's all be superb. Same with Morrissey (since coming out of "retirement" in 2004).

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Not mine by a long shot.. and I have a feeling that I speak for a LOT of the die hard fans! I'm DYING to hear new music, and I'd go to hear them perform it all in a New York second!

Old 10-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Exactly Dani!! And they do! I can't wait to see them come out with some new material..

Old 10-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Not necessarily. Artists used to release 2 albums a year. Any less than one every year, to me, is lazy. The Pet Shop Boys have released, on average, an album's worth of new music every year this decade. And it's all be superb. Same with Morrissey (since coming out of "retirement" in 2004).
It's already been quoted that they have "TONS" of music left over from SYW that didn't get added to that album.. If you look at FM's track record of coming out with new albums, you will see their pattern. These guys have never been a band to come out with 2 albums in one year.. You're comparing apples to onions here.. LOL.. It's definitely time for FM to put a new album - and they'll do just that!

Old 10-21-2009, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Yeah, but you're forgetting who we are talking about. It took a while to make Say You Will and they pretty much had all of Lindsey's songs already done, minus Stevie's backing vocals and little tweaks here and there. If they were to release something within a year, I think we'd get a lot of leftovers from the Say You Will sessions... and I just think they'd do a lot better if they went into the studio with a totally new slate. They don't necessarily need to be writing totally new songs-- but I'd like any near-completed recordings to be taken off the table. For one, if it wasn't good enough for an 18 track album in 2003, it ain't gonna be good enough now. And also, I really want to see the band writing and producing with their own personal issues from SYW in their minds. Obviously many of the fans and the band itself are not fully satisfied with SYW... I personally think that it sounds like two solo albums crashed into one. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the individual tracks on the album. But as a unit, it isn't "Mac"-- it's Stevie and Lindsey.... and at times, maybe Stevie vs. Lindsey. I don't want to listen to any future releases and say the exact same thing. I'd rather wait a little longer as long as the extension is well used to make better material... and that they stay in the best musical form possible (specifically in voice).
Old 10-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviefan49 View Post
For the "greatest hits tour" maybe... NOT for any new materials! I know I'd race out to by a ticket for this one, knowing it's all new music! Haven't thought about that one did ya?
Because the SYW tour was all about the SYW album. Right.

Harsh reality: even a full Rumours reunion lineup tour in Summer 2010 (complete with new studio album) would be hard pressed to outsell (or even match) what the Unleashed tour did. Only way this hypothetical tour does better than Unleashed is if you move it to the Fall and call it a "Farewell Tour".

NYSE/NASDAQ aside, the economy is only getting worse. They took way too much money out of practically every viable market in North America, sputtering through more than a few major embarrassments/cancellations along the way.

A new album would be great for fans, but lets be real. At LEAST half (if not more) of the people who attended an Unleashed show would never purchase a new FM studio album.

Last edited by LukeA; 10-21-2009 at 09:54 PM..
Old 10-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Because the SYW tour was all about the SYW album. Right.

Harsh reality: even a full Rumours reunion lineup tour in Summer 2010 (complete with new studio album) would be hard pressed to outsell (or even match) what the Unleashed tour did. NYSE/NASDAQ aside, the economy is only getting worse. They took way too much money out of practically every viable market in North America, sputtering through more than a few major embarrassments/cancellations along the way.

A new album would be great for fans, but lets be real. At LEAST half (if not more) of the people who attended an Unleashed show would never purchase a new FM studio album.
Actually, the harsh reality here may be that because the Rumors cd/dvd is tied up in legal issues right now, truth be known on that, we may never know when they release that one. We're not discussing the "Rumors" issue now at all, as that's not even on the table! As has been stated, it will be a new album full of all "NEW" materials!

We're NOT comparing an "Unleashed" tour to a tour with new materials, and a new cd! You can say what you will, but I'm taking a poll now on facebook, as I have over 300 "Fleetwood Mac" fans on my friend's list who completely and uttlerly "DISAGREE" in every level to what you are saying, and will be standing in a line, like "MOST" of us fans - in a heartbeat!!! And I SOO can't wait to be laughing at you, come tour time, once I see you saying how you're going! And if you don't- it's just one better chance for a front row seat for me, and all of the rest of us die-hard fans!

Oh, and a PS, if I were you, I wouldn't put any money down on any of us fans who attended a "Unleashed" show NOT purchasing a new Fleetwood Mac Studio album! You can be your own "Debbie Downer" all you want, but the facts will speak for themselves!

Old 10-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They took way too much money out of practically every viable market in North America, sputtering through more than a few major embarrassments/cancellations along the way.
You call three cancellations, two of which were made up major? I think you exaggerate.