The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Will Fleetwood Mac release a new album by the end of 2010?
Yes 24 27.91%
No 62 72.09%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2009, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Will Fleetwood Mac release a new album by the end of 2010?

I hope nobody is getting annoyed by these polls.

With all the media rumours, I thought it would be interesting to see what people think?

It's certainly possible.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they will. I'm not sure it will be an album of all new songs though, but we should get a handful.

Michele
Old 10-21-2009, 01:59 PM

With them, I'll beleive it when I see it... although I much rather have solo albums at this point..
Old 10-21-2009, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No way they could get a studio album done that fast.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is really possible, but I donīt think it would be so quick... but it would be awesome. And I donīt know what kind of new stuff I would prefer (I mean if solo albums, or Fleetwood Mac). Itīs true that Fleetwood Mac album would be probably more famous... or... you know what I mean. But I definitely like Trouble In Shangri-La much more than Say You Will. Itīs not that Iīm fan of Stevie and donīt care about Lindsey at all, but I just compare Stevieīs songs there and there. And TISL is damn better! But who knows how would it be next year...

But I still think that sometime Stevie will record something new... alone or with FM... weīll see... it will be interesting next year.

But I didnīt forget. This time last year I would really laugh if you told me that Iīll see Fleetwood Mac live... well, it happens... so I wouldīt say anything about recording new album now .

I want Stevie to tour in Europe!
Old 10-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I voted yes, how much stuff must they still have laying around?

Think of all the 'old new' tracks that showed up on Say You Will, especially Stevie's, and Lindsey's stuff was mostly solo work. So it wouldn't take as long as the 70's/80's stuff.

- Spike
Old 10-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really am hoping and have my fingers crossed, since I haven't witnessed a new release. I voted yes!!
Old 10-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I never thought I'd be saying this, but I almost DON'T want a new album, unless it's really, REALLY good! To me, SAY YOU WILL, while OK, just seemed like two solo albums smooshed together, with a REALLY good rhythm section tossed in.
I would need Stevie and Lindsey to REALLY write for a FLEETWOOD MAC album, maybe even doing some stuff together (though I doubt that will EVER happen!).
Needless to say, I would be waiting with baited breath if a release date WERE announced!!
Old 10-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Registered

Even if they record a new album, it won't be out until '11 at the earliest, since they can't tour North America again until at least '11.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they were not glad with the SYW commercial results (silly, cause no old band can make a blockbuster with new songs, it's very hard though not impossible). But.. I'm just supposing
Old 10-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

I voted yes ... maybe just wishful thinking but I think they probably have some songs they haven't put out there yet.. like some we got on the SYW album ... I hope they are new and refreshing tho.. REALLY REALLY hope so!!
Old 10-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Nope! It takes them around 18 months+ to record and release these days. That means they would have had to start recording this past June for a Christmas 2010 release. They are supposedly meeting in January to discuss recording again. For ****s and giggles, let's say they decide to begin recording a new album during that meeting (which at this point, I am highly doubtful of). They'll take a good 6 months off after January to recover from their world tour, and spend that time searching for a recording venue and a producer. With all the egos involved, that will be no easy task getting everyone to agree on common ground for all this. So we're looking at an earliest possible start date for recording in June 2010. That means an earliest possible release date of around Christmas 2011. And I'm being very conservative... I think it will likely take longer because everyone will say they need a big break after the tour, then they'll fight and bitch about a recording venue, and ESPECIALLY a producer. Mark my words, that will be a big showdown, and could sink the project altogether. And this is all assuming they decide in January that they really want to move forward with a new album at all!
Old 10-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't understand why the Twilight producers didn't get FMac to do a song for the soundtrack. Seems a no-brainer to me.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Even if they record a new album, it won't be out until '11 at the earliest, since they can't tour North America again until at least '11.
And you know this how?

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 10-21-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviefan49 View Post
And you know this how?
I'll take a stab at this Luke.... cos they've saturated the market and know they won't sell tickets if they tour any sooner...