User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
Yet he did describe his thoughts after the break up to Rolling Stone in 97 as, "So you don't want to be my wife, my girlfriend, but you want me to do all that magic stuff on your songs. Is there anything else that you want, just, like, in my spare time?"
Yeah, he's classic. My read is I think they considered themselves married and I don't know if any legal papers were ever desired, not because he wasn't serious enough to want to take that step, but because it seemed unnecessary.

Sometimes they describe themselves as having divorced too, when they lump themselves together with the McVies. If I remember correctly and am not confusing it, even on that Charlie Rose interview Lindsey did just a few years ago, I think he said something about them not being married technically and Rose said, "but might as well have been" and Lindsey confirmed, "might as well have been."

Michele
Old 10-21-2009, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
Yet he did describe his thoughts after the break up to Rolling Stone in 97 as, "So you don't want to be my wife, my girlfriend, but you want me to do all that magic stuff on your songs. Is there anything else that you want, just, like, in my spare time?"
I wonder what he expected of Christine in order to make her songs more brilliant?
Old 10-21-2009, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ He just wished she wouldn't be that brilliant on her own and hoped she would stop slapping him around like a little puppy for a while if he was doing really really well in the studio.

I'm sure Chris would bring the whole British Empire down on him if he would overstep the borders she set for him. In just a few words.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This has been such an awesome thread, so detailed everyone's opinions of what happened!!!

I think it's amazing that what we know of seems to be so little in the whole big picture,

I truly hope that one day we can find out...

Then i (at least) can be at rest...

~Well You Cannot Know A Dream~
~Until You've Known The Nightmare~
Old 10-21-2009, 04:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvasprings View Post
This has been such an awesome thread, so detailed everyone's opinions of what happened!!!

I think it's amazing that what we know of seems to be so little in the whole big picture,

I truly hope that one day we can find out...

Then i (at least) can be at rest...
Precisely.