Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-20-2002, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Is this a bootleg or "legal" PG era live FM CD?

Mario (or whoever),

I posted this over on the "pre-Rumours" board but I thought I'd ask here too in case you (or anyone that ONLY frequents the PG board here) knows anything about this so any help on this would be great as I don't know where else to try on this OK? So here it is...

I just found a copy of the 1994 German CD entitled "The Original Fleetwood Mac Blues Band" (not to be confused with the Blue Horizon OFM studio outtakes compilation) on the Eagle label (catalog number EA-R90601 B) which includes live recordings of the Fillmore West January 4, 1970 FM show. Now, the page for it at the Penguin Discography lists it as "Import CD" and it has the same cover etc. and all of the tracks listed on that page are on this CD (except it does NOT have "Long tall Sally" which is listed in the tracklisting on that page) and a (great) book I just got called "Blues rock explosion" refers to it as a "foreign release" but being the stickler for not trying to have any boots as such in my collection, I guess I just wanna hear some others thoughts on whether this is deemed as an "above board" release or not. As I say, ANY data on this would be greatly appreciated as I don't know where else to try on this matter. I look forward to hearing some thoughts on this from some of you soon. Thanks in advance!

John
Old 11-20-2002, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Responded in the "Pre-Rumours" section.

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...&threadid=7819
Old 11-20-2002, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Hey ChiliD! Thanks for the info, it's cool with me that it was "blessed" by SOMEONE of a legal nature, that's all it takes for me to consider it "fair game", Eh, I don't care about Mick's blessing!

HA! Yeah, I saw the mispellings, I know what you mean about how even "definite legal releases" still have spelling mistakes. I think the CD copy of "Mr. Wonderful" that I have tries to be overly meticulous as they even go so far as to state that Peter Green's middle initial is "S"! Don't know where they got that from, I don't know how they can mix up S & A ("A" of course it what it should be)!

Shame though that this version I found doesn't have LTS though, I would have liked to have heard what they woulda done with THAT tune, if the other Tea Party Little Richard covers are anything to go by! Ah well, the completest that I am, I gotta go find that FULL version of the CD now!

Any ideas anyone on where I might find the FULL version of this CD? (and yes, I just checked ebay and it's not there)

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 11-21-2002 at 07:56 AM..
Old 11-23-2002, 09:19 AM
Ledgie

Thumbs up

John (or anyone else)

I also have a version without LTS and consider this CD release to be an essential for any Peter Green era fans.The track called 'Got a mind to give up living' is PG at his VERY BEST and having seen FM several times during 69/70, only once did they play this particular number, so it is quite rare. I rate it alongside 'Love that Burns' as one of the best PG tracks ever. Whether one would consider this as an official release or a bootleg is really down to the individual to decide. The recording quality is quite good, so I tend to play this cd alot. Anyway, I hope you get to hear it one way or another.

JW (Blue Horizon)
Old 11-23-2002, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Oh I agree Blue Horizon, it's a great CD and GAMTGUL was a REAL highlight & surprise for me as I was unaware of it's existance before getting this "almost full" version of the CD.

I guess it just would be the cherry on top if I could find the version with LTS on it, I'm still sniffin' around for it though so hopefully, I'll find a full version of this CD before too long now.

John
Old 11-23-2002, 02:49 PM
Ledgie

John

Hope you come good in your search for a copy with LTS. By the way, I saw PG and the Splinter Group a couple of weeks ago along with JM. Peter was in great form and played a blistering version of ' Black Magic Women' which has been recorded in the studio for inclusion on the new CD. Also he played Wah-Wah on Nigel Watson's 'Shadow on my Door' which is the first time I've seen him play WW Guitar since he performed 'The Green Manalishi' with the Mac back in 1970, and it was excellent!!

I just hope Mick can get PG and the SG to play support on the UK leg of the tour next year, together with a guest appearance by Christine with the Mac. 2003 really is shaping up to be a landmark in the history of this band, we all love.

Good luck in your search, and let me know how you get on.

JW (Blue Horizon)
Old 11-23-2002, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

We'll do Horizon! Yeah, I saw the PGSG in Boston/Cambridge MA last spring and same (great) deal, an extended BMW and SOMD was a GREAT wah wah piece wasn't it! Ah, so BMW will be the "remade Mac tune" on the next SG album huh? Great stuff!

John
Old 11-24-2002, 08:07 AM
Ledgie

Lightbulb

John

Just a thought. Why not try Midnight Records in New York (www.midnightrecords.com) as they have a version listed under the 'Fleetwood Mac' section, but no clue as to what version it is. A phone call to them should be able to verify which version they have. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

JW (Blue Horizon)
Old 11-24-2002, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Oh yeah, thanks Blue, I deal with MR all the time, I don't know how I could've forgotten about them, I'll go give them a try and let you know how I get on.

John