The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really hate medleys. Just as they start to flesh something out the song ends. I find them lazy and unsatisfying. Please never cross my path, medley.

Michele
Old 01-15-2014, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I really hate medleys. Just as they start to flesh something out the song ends. I find them lazy and unsatisfying. Please never cross my path, medley.

Michele
Yes .I'm probably used of hearing medleys when I go to the country concerts.
They seem to have a habit doing medleys.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-15-2014, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Solo Songs

Although not a solo song, I would love to see/hear them do Christine's "Why." The Midnight Special version is fantastic. For Stevie, I would love to hear "Gold & Braid." I always thought Lindsey could take that to another level (like he did with "Oh Well"). For Lindsey, I would love to have him do "Countdown." It was performed live only once (ensemble version) on David Letterman in 1992. Alternate for Stevie would be "Leather and Lace" (although some may object). For Lindsey, the song "Gift of Screws" rocks live. For Christine, I thought "I Can't Help Falling in Love" the Elvis cover she did (with Lindsey producing) would be cool to hear live.

Last edited by lbfan; 01-15-2014 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 01-15-2014, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Very good choices on all three.

I thought Friend sounded like a FM song the moment I heard it, if you added a quirky guitar part fill somewhere, and with Mic and John. Would've done well on the charts...probably still could since most don't know it.

Stevie I'd really like to hear Planets, but not if they over produce it like they did with Smile At You.

LB is a little tougher because so many of his songs don't really fit the "band" feel. That's the point I guess.
Couple choices, a more modern sounding "Soul Drifter", "Surrender the Rain", "Down on Rodeo" (but that's practically already been done as a MAC song), Love Runs Deeper.

There are others I'd selfishly like to hear, but I think those fit the "band" type of sound.
Love Runs Deeper would be amazing!
Stevie, I'd love to hear Candlebright or perhaps Miss You.
Christine it definitely has to be Friend but I'd settle for You Are too.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie: I would haved like to hear either Moonlight or Anabel Lee as Mac pieces.

Lindsey: Definitely Gone Too Far, for me. It already sounds super Mac-y so I can imagine it doing really well within FM.

Christine: Got a Hold on Me or Friend, either would be good choices imo.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Yes .I'm probably used of hearing medleys when I go to the country concerts.
They seem to have a habit doing medleys.
Genesis used to play medleys to cover the Peter Gabriel stuff and even early Phil Collins stuff that was really long and would take up too much of the show if they played them in full. They did many medleys, but one of the main ones was the "In The Cage" medley which would would begin with a full version of "In the Cage" and then from there do bits of other songs (that varied tour to tour and pretty much exclusively instrumental sections) and then end with a full version of "Afterglow". So within the medley were two full songs. I didn't mind it in that context. Although I'm sure many would've loved to hear full versions of the "bits".

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 01-15-2014 at 07:34 PM..
Old 01-15-2014, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Christine: Friend
Lindsey: Down On Rodeo
Stevie: You May Be The One
Old 01-15-2014, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Stevie: I would haved like to hear either Moonlight or Anabel Lee as Mac pieces.

Lindsey: Definitely Gone Too Far, for me. It already sounds super Mac-y so I can imagine it doing really well within FM.

Christine: Got a Hold on Me or Friend, either would be good choices imo.
love Gone Too Far, it's on my request list for him.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-15-2014, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Christine: Friend
Lindsey: Down On Rodeo
Stevie: You May Be The One
Rodeo also on my standing request list. i even requested it at several FM concerts this year, just as a continuing joke. gorgeous gorgeous song. but he doesn't need the band for it, he did some beautiful completely solo off-the-cuff upon request versions. i'd rather he keeps Rodeo for OMS tours and do a song which needs a whole band sound.

yes on YMBTO. Everybody Loves You would be even better. parts of the duet on it remind me of SN/LB duet-ting on Twisted, and i love that sound.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-15-2014, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I'm a sucker for Gone Too Far.

Michele
Old 01-15-2014, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Genesis used to play medleys to cover the Peter Gabriel stuff and even early Phil Collins stuff that was really long and would take up too much of the show if they played them in full. They did many medleys, but one of the main ones was the "In The Cage" medley which would would begin with a full version of "In the Cage" and then from there do bits of other songs (that varied tour to tour and pretty much exclusively instrumental sections) and then end with a full version of "Afterglow". So within the medley were two full songs. I didn't mind it in that context. Although I'm sure many would've loved to hear full versions of the "bits".
I think there are blending possibilities like with Stevie solo, Dreams and OTR.

For the group, you could definitely "sample" Tango in the Night into another FM song very smoothly, in the "bits" you described.

Michele
Old 01-16-2014, 02:47 AM
Senior Ledgie

Lindsey: "Soul Drifter" or any number of songs from Out of the Cradle would work.

Stevie: I think "Fall From Grace" would be better suited by and perhaps even more powerful as done by Fleetwood Mac. John's bass treatment could really give this a boost.

Christine: Calumny
Old 01-16-2014, 08:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

For Lindsey, the correct answer is clearly "Deep Dense."

Among those suggested by others in this thread, I'd also like t hear GOS or Gone Too Far done with Mac.

Trouble already sounds like a Mac song. No need to make it one. (Although I would like to hear the Mirage rehearsal of this song that someone else said exists.)