Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-15-2017, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
we were discussing on another board, they can easily release this album now in May, tour it as Buckingham McVie, tour as all 5 in 2018, and then take the rest of their new music, add couple of Nicks songs and release a Fleetwood Mac whole lineup album in a few years. this doesn't have to be their last album.

the only problem with that is that if we can learn from history, i don't see Nicks agreeing to it, unless something drastic happens to change her mind.

there are 180+ posts in this thread already, countless pages, with people celebrating that we are actually really getting this new music, and discussing how exactly it will all happen. and among those there are less than handful negative posts. most really don't care about Stevie at this point as she is not involved. yet all of the sudden several posts showed up just now lecturing and accusing fans of stevie-bashing. it was bound to happen knowing this crazy fandom. but i'm happy to see how enthusiastic and positive both here and all the social media reactions are. christine mcvie and lindsey buckingham are still trending on facebook, and it's been like that the whole day.
It's been so wonderful to see the response. Most people welcome it and I love the Buckingham/McVie combo. I have no interest in the tired Buckingham/Nicks duet. They had their chance to do something after Christine left. Let new doors open!!
Old 01-15-2017, 03:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's great to read that something new will now happen, instead of the same cycle of Fleetwood Mac drama. Lindsey and Christine can release their music and Stevie can be free to do what she loves. She's teaching us a great lesson here Don't do something when your heart really isn't in it, no matter what other people think, or what other people want us to do. Stick to your guns, look after yourself and the others will figure it out between themselves.

I'm looking forward to hearing the new music and I'm glad the members can go their own way when they need to......

I would have loved an album with all 5 members, but if it's not going to happen that's fine, other good things will come and this album is hopefully just the start.

Now can we all just try to be happy with this wonderful news
Old 01-15-2017, 03:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And just to say, what has already been said probably thousands of times..... I think she doesn't want to record as it was such an awful experience for her last time.

She clearly said to herself, that it is, I'm never doing that again.

I don't blame her.
Old 01-15-2017, 03:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
They had their chance to do something after Christine left. Let new doors open!!
THIS! I love Stevie, but I also love how the situation with her not wanting to go into the studio with her bandmates now has been resolved.

I'll probably miss her background vocals on all the Buckingham McVie tracks, because imho her voice adds so much to their songs, but I'll get over it.
Old 01-15-2017, 03:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
And just to say, what has already been said probably thousands of times..... I think she doesn't want to record as it was such an awful experience for her last time.
I don't blame her.
I do. I mean, she could just send demos and let the production get done without her, then come to the studio for 2 or 3 weeks, sing some background, do her stuff. Let herself be seen for a little promotion and sack in a big check. That's not much to do for making FM fans happy.

And honestly - if she can stand working with Dave Stewart, what could possibly be her problem, other than she wants Say-Yes-People around her at all times. I guess that neither Christine, nor Lindsey reflect too well on that adolescent nonsence of hers (examples: a freaking horse on the cover and some Vampire songs inspired by youth books) and she knows it. She'll have to try harder with FM and she is not used to try at all anymore, with her last solo "efforts" for reference.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 01-15-2017 at 04:07 AM..
Old 01-15-2017, 04:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPNwJOyg...ianlarsenmusic

I just found this and thought I'd share. If you look at the comments, he explains to someone that it's not nearly as drama-filled as some people may think and that 'all is well' within the group. This guy is a musician of some sort, been backstage at a lot of things, I've followed him on instagram and twitter for a while and he's met with Lindsey many times (he's signed guitars for him and everything, was part of a group that was with him and Neale at his hotel after a show on the last tour, etc) and has also met the other members, so he seems well connected enough to assume that he's fairly reliable about what he's saying.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPNwJOyg...ianlarsenmusic

I just found this and thought I'd share. If you look at the comments, he explains to someone that it's not nearly as drama-filled as some people may think and that 'all is well' within the group. This guy is a musician of some sort, been backstage at a lot of things, I've followed him on instagram and twitter for a while and he's met with Lindsey many times (he's signed guitars for him and everything, was part of a group that was with him and Neale at his hotel after a show on the last tour, etc) and has also met the other members, so he seems well connected enough to assume that he's fairly reliable about what he's saying.
Obviously the album wasn't done out of disrespect to Stevie, especially considering that some of the songs were originally intended for her to complete. They tried to get her to contribute, so why anyone would think this was done as a slam against Stevie is beyond me. If anything, by not calling it Fleetwood Mac, they're showing Stevie a lot of respect.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-15-2017, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Obviously the album wasn't done out of disrespect to Stevie, especially considering that some of the songs were originally intended for her to complete. They tried to get her to contribute, so why anyone would think this was done as a slam against Stevie is beyond me. If anything, by not calling it Fleetwood Mac, they're showing Stevie a lot of respect.
Exactly, why would they create music to spite someone else. That's not their style at all. They are artists that want to create and perform. And she didn't want that so they forged on without her. I don't see where any disrespect comes from. And calling it Buckhingham/McVie... well.. that's their names.. I love the concept. It has me very excited.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
THIS! I love Stevie, but I also love how the situation with her not wanting to go into the studio with her bandmates now has been resolved.

I'll probably miss her background vocals on all the Buckingham McVie tracks, because imho her voice adds so much to their songs, but I'll get over it.
To fill in the gaps, I hope Lindsey does that voice manipulation thing he apparently does to his own voice on demos for the Stevie parts/harmonies. That would be fun!

Also, I wish I could JUST be excited about the new album, but I actually envision Buckingham McVie (w/ John and Mick) as an entirely new entity that hopefully will continue to release new music for as long as they are able to write and sing.

ETA: They are still #1 trending topic on facebook this morning. Too bad they didn't have a single to go with the publicity!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 01-15-2017 at 07:51 AM..
Old 01-15-2017, 07:53 AM
Ledgie

I just want to hear some new music with John and Mick !☺
Old 01-15-2017, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This is a dream come true for me. No one wanted one more Fleetwood Mac album more than me. I thought it was needed to close the circle and to go along with one last tour. It was a miracle and truly a dream come true that Christine came back. It blows my mind we are getting a half solo album or a duet album from these 2. Lindsey and Christine work so well together. Can you imagine the brilliance of these 2 creating without any drama in the studio? I hope they tour so much but time is running out with the big tour.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
Will never happen.....Stevie and Lindsey jointly bought the rights to BN years ago....they would both have to agree to release it, and I don't see that happening!
I'm not sure about this. I have read numerous interviews throughout the years and both Lindsey and Stevie have said they want Buckingham Nicks rereleased but that it's out of their hands; however, they didn't say why that's the case. I've even read Keith Olsen is the hold up. I have no idea why rereleasing it has been so problematic, but it doesn't seem to be related to any hard feelings between Stevie and Lindsey.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Their name should be BuckVie.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
This is a dream come true for me. No one wanted one more Fleetwood Mac album more than me. I thought it was needed to close the circle and to go along with one last tour. It was a miracle and truly a dream come true that Christine came back. It blows my mind we are getting a half solo album or a duet album from these 2. Lindsey and Christine work so well together. Can you imagine the brilliance of these 2 creating without any drama in the studio? I hope they tour so much but time is running out with the big tour.
Well, my dream would be if Stevie had cooperated with them in the same way, sending demo's to Lindsey, let him fool around with them, let her respond, also on instrumental sketches from him, and then take the results into the village recorder for definate recording. I'm not under the impression that Lindsey freaked the shut out of Chris during these sessions. Nicks backed out on old images. ITS a damn shame.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd still go for Buckwood Mac.