User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-23-2005, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Yep. He's cute though. Too bad about his voice. I liked when he was all "whine, whine, something, whine, etc." and Stevie was all exasperated "Oh, Lindsey, she did not!"
Was that the segment with Karen? I haven't watched it recently.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Her ridiculous and annoying display for the Warners execs (I would have reached for the duct tape, myself), her subtle yet still catty remarks about the mixing of her songs (which I found masterful in such a bitchy way, she gets props from me), her always having her staff around like she needed her ass wiped, etc. Homegirl is a diva, but so eccentric that she's likable. Same deal with Lindsey.
I totally don't remember the display for the Warner's execs. Yeah, she does have Staff. I liked how she was more down to earth about the marketing and stuff, though. I used to think she was, uh, less grounded, but that doc actually made me think she was more grounded and practical. Hey, every smart diva has a staff! But tell me about the warner's thing?

Yes, Krista, that was the part about Karen. Just the tone of her voice and the way she says it is so funny. like "Lindsey, you are such a whiny tool, why don't you shut it?"

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-23-2005, 12:13 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, Krista, that was the part about Karen. Just the tone of her voice and the way she says it is so funny. like "Lindsey, you are such a whiny tool, why don't you shut it?"
Sometimes I like to watch just that scene.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That was hysterical. Another favorite moment was when Mick quipped that Lindsey had never lived in a two bedroom apartment.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But tell me about the warner's thing?
"I PRAY TO THE COMMERCIAL GODS!"

Gag me. She was such a tool in that segment, I would have picked up one of the demo tapes and thrown it at her if I had been Lindsey.

Old 05-23-2005, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Whoops, sorry about the last, rather innappropriate comment.

H: "You know, I quite like like you......"
L: "I say, this weather is nice isn't it?"

I'm not particularly familiar with the homosexual lifestyle but I can pretend.
Did you say the "l" word in relation to homosexuality?

Anyway, I just think you're really unique and appealing to me. And I love how blunt you are. And I want to convince you that you are significant! (Remember that debate?) No huge deal, like you don't have to go hide in a closet because some lesbian chick's after you. Don't worry. I won't show up at your doorstep. Not that I have the money for that plane ticket, anyway.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Gag me. She was such a tool in that segment, I would have picked up one of the demo tapes and thrown it at her if I had been Lindsey.
Which demo?
Old 05-23-2005, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
"I PRAY TO THE COMMERCIAL GODS!"

Is that what she said? Perhaps that was one of the parts where I thought she was practical, canny, and down to earth.... But, I, like everyone but Lindsey, don't have the luxury of being idealistic, so perhaps I identified.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-23-2005, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Sometimes I like to watch just that scene.
Yes, indeed, it's a fine moment of Stevie cinema...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsysorcerer
That was hysterical. Another favorite moment was when Mick quipped that Lindsey had never lived in a two bedroom apartment.
That was HILARIOUS. You could tell there was a lot of eye rolling about Lindsey during this whole thing. Poor guy. Just trying to have vision, but no....

Old 05-23-2005, 12:24 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, indeed, it's a fine moment of Stevie cinema...

That was HILARIOUS. You could tell there was a lot of eye rolling about Lindsey during this whole thing. Poor guy. Just trying to have vision, but no....
Indeed. But as mentioned previously in other discussions, SYW probably would have sold the same number had it been released as a double album as Lindsey wanted.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
Indeed. But as mentioned previously in other discussions, SYW probably would have sold the same number had it been released as a double album as Lindsey wanted.
That's probably true, I guess. I mean, I don't think the people who wanted it and bought it would have been dissuaded because it was 23 bucks rather than 15, or whatever. But everyone else seemed to think it would've sold less, including warners and the marketing people, so who knows? Although i tend to think these people are generally clueless...

Old 05-23-2005, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Hmmm...

What type of housing did they live in before FM? A one bedroom apartment? Her parents? His parents? I'm not sure.

Anyways, we ALL have whiney moments, don't we?
Old 05-23-2005, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's probably true, I guess. I mean, I don't think the people who wanted it and bought it would have been dissuaded because it was 23 bucks rather than 15, or whatever. But everyone else seemed to think it would've sold less, including warners and the marketing people, so who knows? Although i tend to think these people are generally clueless...
I just think their days of multi-platinum albums are over. The die-hards would purchase it regardless of album length, and IMO, the die-hards are who bought SYW.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Anyways, we ALL have whiney moments, don't we?
Oh yeah. I can totally relate to him there. I'm a quite a whiner, and I'm sure that if I were taped enough, I would come off that way.

Quote:
I just think their days of multi-platinum albums are over. The die-hards would purchase it regardless of album length, and IMO, the die-hards are who bought SYW.
I agree with you there. I think they actually mentioned how to get young people to buy it and such, and I was thinking, [I]Only the old fans are going to buy it anyway![/I} (And by "old" I don't mean agewise but people who have been fans for years and such).
Old 05-23-2005, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Right.
And I don't think I have as many whiny moments as Lindsey... Course, my voice is much deeper.... Also, no one cares when I do it...