Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-15-2005, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

I think it's a great drawing. I had no idea he was so multi-talented. Too expensive, though. And who is Carol Ann, by the way? And please don't laugh if it's some significant Fleetwood Mac person I was supposed to be aware of. I'm getting there.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
And who is Carol Ann, by the way? And please don't laugh if it's some significant Fleetwood Mac person I was supposed to be aware of. I'm getting there.
An ex of Lindsey's from the early 80s..ish?
Old 05-17-2005, 02:37 AM
Junior Ledgie

Did anyone else get an email back from her?
I emailed her and she replied. It's really weird getting an email in your inbox that says Carol Harris...
Old 05-17-2005, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Thea..

If you don't mind sharing with us, what did she say? If not, that's cool.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:10 PM
Junior Ledgie

Well, I hate to break people's privacy and it's not very interesting at all, but I asked her why she would sell something like that. And she said that she wanted to offer the online FM community some of the treasures she has kept all this time. And that she got so many wonderful messages. ;-)
It sounded like maybe it wasn't the complete truth. ;-)
Old 05-18-2005, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

An ex-girlfriend. Should have known. But she's a bit pricey, my gawd. That's not an offer, that's like straight-up robbery...not that Lindsay's art work isn't highly valuable but still...

What's with all these ex-significant other's cashing in on their famous formers? For example, this year marks the 25th anniversary of John Lennon's death and (from what I've read/heard) his ex-wife, ex-girlfriend, widow, and former housekeeper all have books coming out on their memories of him. I think it will be the the ex-wife and ex-girlfriend's second book and Yoko's 789000873th.

So much for keeping things sacred.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Lindsey does like to draw

1500 is a ridiculous price though! Maybe if it was by somebody dead, like John Lennon...

Actually that would probably go for 15,000. But still, 1500 is too much I think. Especially for something we have no way of knowing is genuine!
Old 05-18-2005, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thea
Well, I hate to break people's privacy and it's not very interesting at all, but I asked her why she would sell something like that. And she said that she wanted to offer the online FM community some of the treasures she has kept all this time. And that she got so many wonderful messages. ;-)
It sounded like maybe it wasn't the complete truth. ;-)
It sounds like utter **** to me. But she has to pay for all that plastic surgery somehow, after all.

Old 05-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So it is Carol Ann? How sad.

When she downright accused Lindsey of hurting her and beating her and losing his temper I lost any respect I may have had for her because she was Lindseys girlfriend. I mean really.

Now, I'm sure he doesn't even think of her. She can't stand that it goes from Stevie to Kristen and all the other girls are just forgotten. She was a messed up thing who cheated on him ( with Dennis Wilson, right?) and then became a drug addict. No wonder he left and went "insane".

Really, he was only with her to get over Stevie. She DID look like Stevie. I'm sure she worshipped him and at the time he needed that for his ego and I'm sure they didn't connect on any deeper level.

It's just sad she can't let it go and stop selling his ****.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
So it is Carol Ann? How sad.

When she downright accused Lindsey of hurting her and beating her and losing his temper I lost any respect I may have had for her because she was Lindseys girlfriend. I mean really.

Now, I'm sure he doesn't even think of her. She can't stand that it goes from Stevie to Kristen and all the other girls are just forgotten. She was a messed up thing who cheated on him ( with Dennis Wilson, right?) and then became a drug addict. No wonder he left and went "insane".

Really, he was only with her to get over Stevie. She DID look like Stevie. I'm sure she worshipped him and at the time he needed that for his ego and I'm sure they didn't connect on any deeper level.

It's just sad she can't let it go and stop selling his ****.

This might sound strange coming from me but I just hate to be so judgmental of Carol Ann. I'm sure Lindsey did lose his temper and was at least verbally abusive with her. These were his "angry" years where he acted out a lot. I also got the impression from Lindsey's BTM and a 1984 RS article that she was messed up because of buying into the "fast life" of cocaine and promiscuity. It sounded like he even blamed himself a bit. When someone is a cokehead, cheating is par for the course (it occured after she became addicted, not before), and unfortunately at the time that's what she became. Hopefully she's cleaned up now, though. Remember even Stevie was a cokehead at one time.

And frankly since she got an entire album dedicated to her she'll never be completely forgotten. It's poor Cheri who has that curse. Look at his BTM - Carol Ann got a whole segment. Cheri's named wasn't even mentioned. She's the "Time" album of Lindsey's relationships. lol

And who knows, maybe if you were in dire financial straits and were dumped by a famous guy, you might not be so adverse to selling some of his things to pay the rent.

Last edited by sodascouts; 05-20-2005 at 10:48 PM..
Old 05-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Woah. I better not ask.

(lol! I see someone else quoted the exact same thing as me, before me.)
Old 05-20-2005, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
And who knows, maybe if you were in dire financial straits and was dumped by a famous guy, you might not be so adverse to selling some of his things to pay the rent.
If she can't pay the rent, don't go to a plastic surgeon.

I know next to nothing about her and don't have an opinion on her one way or the other, I just find her constant hocking of his personal stuff on eBay to be the epitome of tackiness. Last year she sold one of his old checkbooks and a stack of old bills, for cripes sake.

Old 05-20-2005, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Regardless of opinions about the decency of making money off of an ex, what do you mean by that?
I believe she's referring to the Geraldo show that she guested on where she said Lindsey was abusive. It gels with other stuff that's been said about him, but I certainly wouldn't take anything she says at face value.

Old 05-20-2005, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
If she can't pay the rent, don't go to a plastic surgeon.

I know next to nothing about her and don't have an opinion on her one way or the other, I just find her constant hocking of his personal stuff on eBay to be the epitome of tackiness. Last year she sold one of his old checkbooks and a stack of old bills, for cripes sake.
True, she obviously has not made good financial choices, lol.

Old 05-20-2005, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Checkbook and old bills is bad. I guess it could be worse, though. I mean locks of hair, old underwear, used deodorant containers, half-eaten sandwiches...at least she kept it nice and boring.

Unless of course there were other, more pitiful, stuff.

This lady has suddenly got me interested. Does anyone have a picture of her? Where did he meet her?
Old 05-20-2005, 10:55 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.