The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The December 19 issue of Entertainment Weekly offers suggestions for future installments of the Night at the Museum franchise. One is to set it in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and cast Russell Brand as Jimi Hendrix's guitar and Stevie Nicks as Stevie Nicks' shawl.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
The December 19 issue of Entertainment Weekly offers suggestions for future installments of the Night at the Museum franchise. One is to set it in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and cast Russell Brand as Jimi Hendrix's guitar and Stevie Nicks as Stevie Nicks' shawl.
They should have a miniature Stevie (like tiny Owen Wilson) guarding the shawl.

Michele
Old 12-15-2014, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Huff Post article on 23 Best Albums of 2014 12/15/2014

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6326402.html

2014 will forever be known as the year that we realized One Direction was actually, dare we say, good. Teenagers and middle-age music critics blast "Fireproof" on the subway without shame. Stevie Nicks told us “Steal My Girl” was one of her favorite new tracks and we can't disagree. "Four" has exactly what you want from a boy band -- nay! -- any band. Catchy choruses, dancy guitars and man buns (so many the man buns) make "Four" a complex, feel-good trip down young love lane.-- JG
Old 12-18-2014, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jenny Slate (I admit I didn't know who she was) does her version of Marcel the Shell singing Landslide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jmAOoIW7YM#t=127

From TheNerdist :

Jenny Slate is a funny, funny person. We all knew this, from her one year on Saturday Night Live to her characters on Kroll Show to playing Mona Lisa Saperstein, aka “The Woooooooooorst.” She’s even proven she can carry an indie film with this year’s Obvious Child, but perhaps her greatest contribution to pop culture (we exaggerate) is as the soft spoken title character from the series of short films co-written and directed by Dean Fleischer-Camp entitled Marcel the Shell with Shoes On, the first of which won awards at film festivals and things.

It seems that Conan O’Brien is also a fan of this character, and of Slate’s vocal performance, because they spent several minutes talking about it during the actress’ appearance on Conan, where Slate unveiled that, on top of motivational messages to herself, she also uses Marcel’s voice to sing covers of famous songs, including the 1975 song “Landslide” by Fleetwood Mac. Marcel croons a little bit of the song for an impressed and delighted audience. Listen for yourself!
Old 12-19-2014, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A few Stevie Nicks albums up for auction (comes with 965 other records and a turntable)Record Auction
Old 12-22-2014, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/musi...?event=event25
Old 12-22-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
Thanks, it's truly a good article:

Popular music does not prize the older voice, at least not in this country. We are dazzled by the robust, youthful singers who part our hair on TV shows such as “American Idol” and “The Voice,” blast out of the radio, and belt from Broadway stages.

But what about artists who have been seasoned by life’s hardships and let us hear the results? Are we uncomfortable with them because they remind us that some day we, too, will be shadows of our younger selves?

I, for one, savor singers whose instruments are no longer spry and perfect, but nuanced and knowing. This year was flush with them, mature artists who released strong albums anchored by the wisdom and sophistication they bring to their singing.

Tony Bennett, Marianne Faithfull, Leonard Cohen, Lucinda Williams, Robert Plant, Stevie Nicks, Willie Nelson, Bette Midler, and Carlene Carter were all in top form in 2014, with voices that have mellowed like fine wines.
Stevie Nicks, who, at 66, is still twirling and singing about gypsies, recently put out a collection of previously unreleased material called “24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault.” Her voice was so . . . Stevie Nicks . . . that I asked the publicist for specific production details. Turns out Nicks had recorded her vocals last year.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm really sick of hearing Stevie's "Silent Night." If Lindsey ever catches it on the radio, I'm sure he rolls his eyes and turns it off.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
I'm really sick of hearing Stevie's "Silent Night." If Lindsey ever catches it on the radio, I'm sure he rolls his eyes and turns it off.
I just heard Stevie's Silent Night in the airport and this lady started twirling lol.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
bet you were happy with the coal you got in your stocking.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie Nicks's version of Silent Night is croaky and whiny, by far one of her worst ever vocals.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
bet you were happy with the coal you got in your stocking.
Oh come on. The arrangement is terrible. She even switches to singing the harmony rather than the melody.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[From a Calgary Herald article about Bryan Adams]

http://calgaryherald.com/entertainme...addledome-show

Adams certainly wasn’t overly engaging — yet, of course likable — speaking only briefly and on script about his respect for Tina Turner, writing songs for Stevie Nicks (Let Me Down Easy which as eventually recorded by Roger Daltrey) and then soliciting a dance partner from the crowd for the Thorogood lite tune If Ya Wanna Be Bad — Ya Gotta Be Good.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie Nicks dining at The River Cafe in Brooklyn, with friends and family. Taking a break from the continuation of Fleetwood Mac’s 2015 “On With the Show” tour, she ate shrimp cocktail, followed by lobster

1/13/2015Sightings…
Old 01-28-2015, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Saw these for sale while in Vegas last week
The first has a signed microphone. Cost about $1250

The second has a signed mandolin. Cost almost $4000!