The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Will Never Marry Again (TV3ie)

Friday, 5 December 2014 TV3 IE

http://www.tv3.ie/entertainment_arti...article=152905

Stevie Nicks: I will never marry again

Stevie Nicks never wants to get married again.

The Fleetwood Mac singer, who was married to Kim Anderson for three months in 1983, says she is happily single at the moment, and while she would consider online dating she doesn't want to walk down the aisle at any point.

The 66-year-old star - who previously dated her bandmates Lindsey Buckingham and Mick Fleetwood, and the Eagles' stars Don Henley and Joe Walsh - said: ''I'm happy. I might have a relationship, but I'm never getting married again.

''Mick and I always laugh about going on Match.com together and saying, 'We're looking for somebody with no health problems. And no bunches of ex-wives and ex-husbands.' ''

The 'Dreams' hitmaker admits she would like to fall in love again but if she doesn't find another partner she will still have a good life.

She said: ''There is always hope. If somebody comes along and he's worth it, then it will be a lucky throw of the cards. But either way it's going to be great.''

Stevie has lost 10 pounds in the last few months since the band embarked on a new tour and she credits Lady Gaga's song 'Do What U Want' for inspiring her to dance off the pounds.

She added to PEOPLE magazine: ''I go onstage for three hours, four days a week and have lost about 10 pounds in the last couple of months.

''The Lady Gaga song 'Do What U Want' makes me want to dance and made me revise the hustle. My girlfriends and I used to do this [dance] at clubs 30 years ago. Now it's a great way to exercise.''
Old 12-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

''The Lady Gaga song 'Do What U Want' makes me want to dance and made me revise the hustle. My girlfriends and I used to do this [dance] at clubs 30 years ago. Now it's a great way to exercise.''
That's very interesting, because I get a STRONG Standback vibe from that song (especially the Christina Aguilera/Lady GaGa version)
Old 12-08-2014, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
... makes me want to dance and made me revise the hustle. My girlfriends and I used to do this [dance] at clubs 30 years ago. Now it's a great way to exercise.''
Stevie used to go to clubs in the mid '80s and dance? I'm pretty sure I've read interviews with Stevie from as early as the late '70s which state she pretty much doesn't go out in public because of the 'fame monster.'
Old 12-08-2014, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Stevie used to go to clubs in the mid '80s and dance? I'm pretty sure I've read interviews with Stevie from as early as the late '70s which state she pretty much doesn't go out in public because of the 'fame monster.'
Well, yeah, she wouldn't just go to any old regular club, but she would go to celebrity hang-out sorts of places.

She was an investor in a club as well, the Starck club in Dallas, which was sort of their version of Studio54 (where I'm sure Stevie went at least once)

Here's a story of the debauchery that went on at the Starck Club before it shut down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubj-SXYkA9Y

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/13/us...club.html?_r=0

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 12-08-2014 at 12:33 PM..
Old 12-08-2014, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yuck, she listens to Lady GaGa? That music is trash compared to her own.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Well, yeah, she wouldn't just go to any old regular club, but she would go to celebrity hang-out sorts of places.

She was an investor in a club as well, the Starck club in Dallas, which was sort of their version of Studio54 (where I'm sure Stevie went at least once)

Here's a story of the debauchery that went on at the Starck Club before it shut down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubj-SXYkA9Y

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/13/us...club.html?_r=0
I don't know if I should post this, but I just found it in an article about the Starck Club..

"One of my few/many memories of the Starck Club was finding Stevie Nicks not so elegantly wasted and passed out in the “ladies” room. One of her false eyelashes perched on her cheek like a dead butterfly. Her black eye makeup ran like skinny sideburns down both sides of her face. Lacey patterns of white powder were scattered across the front of her gauzy red dress. I put my hand up and covered one eye just to make sure there was only one Stevie Nicks on the toilet."

Lol here's the rest of the article.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmatrix View Post

There's always one.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 12-08-2014, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauphineMarie View Post
I don't know if I should post this, but I just found it in an article about the Starck Club..

"One of my few/many memories of the Starck Club was finding Stevie Nicks not so elegantly wasted and passed out in the “ladies” room. One of her false eyelashes perched on her cheek like a dead butterfly. Her black eye makeup ran like skinny sideburns down both sides of her face. Lacey patterns of white powder were scattered across the front of her gauzy red dress. I put my hand up and covered one eye just to make sure there was only one Stevie Nicks on the toilet."

Lol here's the rest of the article.
Stevie's got to be happy they didn't have iPhones back then.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
Stevie's got to be happy they didn't have iPhones back then.
no sh*t. There'd be all kinds of Lohan/Amanda Bynes/Britney/Courtney Love video and photos of Stevie out there if there had been.

Her life back then was not pretty and she was a total drugged out, scary mess.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmatrix View Post
It's not trash - just not everyone's cup of tea. Lady Gaga is very talented; her genre of music and artistry is so different from Stevie's, there is no comparison.

It's interesting to see the newer, current artists that Stevie gravitates to, or collaborates with ( most of which I have no interest in). But it's great that she is listening to new music and connecting with different generations. I prefer her earlier influences, like Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and Joni Mitchell. I was old school even when I was younger.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 12-08-2014 at 10:36 PM..
Old 12-08-2014, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Always with a grain of salt Louie......