The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quick question - when you search for tix on ticketmaster, are you selecting best available, or the floor seating option?
Old 05-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When the stellar seats normally pop up close to the show, is there a typical time of the day they start popping up???

Thanks!!!
Old 05-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdakd View Post
I'm sure someone has asked this / gone through it before, but what is everyone's strategy to get the best tickets? I would loooooooove to be able to go to my first Stevie Nicks concert (gasp!) and sit in the front row and see the goddess in all her glory.

So Ledgies, what are your tips and tricks?
Step 1: Win the $600,000,000 Powerball Lottery

Step 2: buy as many tickets as you want at any venue.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Step 1: Win the $600,000,000 Powerball Lottery

Step 2: buy as many tickets as you want at any venue.
With that kind of cash you can have FM play all night in your back yard.
Invite some friends and have a chance to meet and greet with Stevie and the men of FM.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

With that amount I could have ALL SURVIVING MEMBERS play in my backyard (if Danny would get on a plane, that is) for a whole week...and have a sleep-over. I'll even make breakfast for the entire crew. Because....I CAN cook!
Old 05-30-2013, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd like to get tickets to see Fleetwood Mac do a show in this style. What an amazing concept from a band that is one of the Mac's contemporaries. They are implying that those people who want to hear the same 20 songs OVER AND OVER......"stay home".......

TOM PETTY and the Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell admitted to Rolling Stone that he’d forgotten about some of the songs suggested for the group’s current tour. Instead of just hauling out the usual hits, Petty and the Heartbreakers are digging deep into their 35-year-old catalog to fill out the set lists. And some of the cuts are so obscure, the guy who co-wrote some of them and played recorded of them can’t even remember them.

“Just the other day, someone was asking me, ‘Are you guys gonna do “About to Give Out”?’,’ Campbell said. “I didn’t have any memory of that song at all. There are songs that do get lost along the way, but as soon as you pull them out it all comes back to you.”

During the interview, Campbell mentioned some of the songs the band is playing on its summer tour (the itinerary is listed below). Songs that almost never get airplay — like ‘Billy the Kid,’ ‘When the Time Comes’ and the Traveling Wilburys cut ‘Tweeter and the Monkey Man’ — have shown up in sets so far. Campbell said there’s more to come.

“Every night’s gonna be different,” he said. “I don’t even know what we’re going to play the next two nights. But that’s the exciting part of it. These nights are special. I guess that’s true for the fans, but we thrive on spontaneity. We can pull out a song, maybe we rehearsed it, maybe we didn’t, but we’re gonna make it work on the spot.”

So if all you want to hear are the same dozen songs you know inside and out by now, maybe you should stay home this time. “We’re free from ‘Free Fallin’,'” Campbell said. “We’re free from doing 20 songs that people expect us to play year after year. These shows are a chance to play songs that aren’t on that list.”
Old 05-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=WatchChain;1094594]I'd like to get tickets to see Fleetwood Mac do a show in this style. What an amazing concept from a band that is one of the Mac's contemporaries. They are implying that those people who want to hear the same 20 songs OVER AND OVER......"stay home"......./QUOTE]

i'll be staying home for TP.

but i would LOVE to hear deep cuts show like that, with different songs every time, for FM.

of course, some of the bands doing what he seems to be describing do a half-crappy job when they are putting the songs together on the stage, many band members don't remember the song or what their part would be, drop the song in the middle when they realize they don't remember or recognize it, etc. others actually rehearse upfront all these different songs and do a fabulous job. so it can go either way.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-31-2013, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
of course, some of the bands doing what he seems to be describing do a half-crappy job when they are putting the songs together on the stage, many band members don't remember the song or what their part would be, drop the song in the middle when they realize they don't remember or recognize it, etc. others actually rehearse upfront all these different songs and do a fabulous job. so it can go either way.
My Morning Jacket does this (mixes it up, not a half-crappy job ). The songs all sound great, so they obviously either rehearse them all well or just remember them because they never let them get dropped in the first place. They play every obscure song from their catalog, and each night the set list is completely different than the night before. And with 6 studio albums, several EPs, and a bunch of cool covers, they've got a lot to choose from. It makes it so much more fun for a fan to walk into a show and have no idea what's going to be played and then get to hear songs that you think they'd never do live. Plus, I'm sure it makes them more money to do this as fans will want to go to multiple shows. Then again, I could probably see 5 MMJ shows for the cost of 1 FM show, so maybe that's why FM doesn't care to do something like that.

Brad