Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Figures I'd come back in here and everyone is talking about sh*tting.

Since we're on the subject, I wouldn't mind peeing if someone else was in earshot, everyone does it so I can't imagine anyone especially in a public bathroom seeing as that's what it's for being weirded out by it. I don't like using public bathrooms anyways (well the toilet part), I have a habit of fixing my hair so ya gotta do what ya gotta do. But luckily I've never gotten the urge to take a dump while out but now that I've said something when I go out this weekend I'll probably have cursed myself.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCharmer View Post
I don't tend to mind people hearing me wee not if it's a public loo anyway. But if I'm at a friend's, or a guy's house (don't you hate that first awkward 'where's your loo?' question?!) I'm proud to say I've perfected the 'silent wee'! It involves a lot of kegel control and clever angling..!
Haha, on a fairly recent first date, I stopped off at work, just to use the bathroom, even though it was only to pee.
Everyone was like, "you're not working tonight....what are you doing here?"

I couldn't stand, for one of my first date sentences to be "Can I use your bathroom".
Old 03-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Haha, on a fairly recent first date, I stopped off at work, just to use the bathroom, even though it was only to pee.
Everyone was like, "you're not working tonight....what are you doing here?"

I couldn't stand, for one of my first date sentences to be "Can I use your bathroom".
It's so awkward! Maybe I'm just the last of the great prudes, but I couldn't bear the thought of someone I was in a relationship with being anywhere near me whilst I was using the bathroom. It's just one of those things that make me cringe. Odd, since I'm very open about most things..
Old 03-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCharmer View Post
It's so awkward! Maybe I'm just the last of the great prudes, but I couldn't bear the thought of someone I was in a relationship with being anywhere near me whilst I was using the bathroom. It's just one of those things that make me cringe. Odd, since I'm very open about most things..
My new guy's bedroom and bathroom are connected by his closet. There are no doors between the toilet and the bedroom so if one person's in the bedroom, they have a great view of the toilet. I was trying to figure out how to avoid this problem for at least 20 minutes last night, haha.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
My new guy's bedroom and bathroom are connected by his closet. There are no doors between the toilet and the bedroom so if one person's in the bedroom, they have a great view of the toilet. I was trying to figure out how to avoid this problem for at least 20 minutes last night, haha.
In the words of George Costanza, he has no buffer zone!!!

When I have a date sleeping over, "anything" more than the sound of me peeing, and I quickly and~quietly~ run downstairs, and use the bathroom down there, with the door closed, and the faucet running!
Old 03-18-2011, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

suggested reading:

know what irks me? walking any aisle, when the waft of skunk hits square in the nose.
maybe now I finally get why! they need to damn the torpedos but 'holding it'

ugh.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
suggested reading:

know what irks me? walking any aisle, when the waft of skunk hits square in the nose.

ugh.
Really, 410 lbs? Have you checked those stats?

I guess 1.1 lbs/day,.... isn't that much. I've never weighed, nor ever considered the weight, of a poo!
TMI!
TMI!
TMI!
Old 03-18-2011, 03:05 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Oh man, I want that poop book
Old 03-18-2011, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In the words of George Costanza, he has no buffer zone!!!

When I have a date sleeping over, "anything" more than the sound of me peeing, and I quickly and~quietly~ run downstairs, and use the bathroom down there, with the door closed, and the faucet running!
I remember those days. But when you've been married for nearly 27 years - f**t, pee, poop, puke all in the same vicinity, who cares!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
I can accept this, but it isn't what your first comment says.

(emphasis mine)
This better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Yeah, it will truly affect romantic & sexual relationships for the rest of their life. So damaging. EDIT: Not that a victim can't overcome it with therapy. It doesn't have to be permanent damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I updated the title of the thread (again!). You know how much I respect your opinion... if you have any better suggestions, please PM me (this goes for anyone who reads this thread). Sexuality, rape, bodily functions, etc are very delicate, touchy issues. However, I love the fact we can all discuss these things frankly and calmly here.

Anyway, carry on everyone! If anybody has any issues/concerns/suggestions regarding this thread, I will reiterate again to PM me and we'll discuss it.
Oh, for f*ck's sake. How much more warning can you possibly give people?!

Quote:
I mean MY GAWD people, am I the only one, who can hold it until I get home? And if mine even smelled remotely that bad, there's no way in hell, that I'd unleash in a small bar, where 80% of the people know who I am, and that I was just in there!

I mean, fukc me with a chainsaw! Buy a cork, or something! I was terrified that stank was ON me, after just walking into it! I even walked a quick circle, before returning to the pool table, just to make sure it wasn't attached!

I couldn't tell you the last YEAR, that I #2'd in a public restroom. Hell, I couldn't tell you the last decade!
For some people, when they gotta go they really do gotta go. Irritable Bowel Syndrome comes to mind. I'm sure people are embarrassed enough without others bitching about them & making them feel awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
While I can definitely appreciate the terror of inhaling someone else's stank, I must point out that bathrooms *were* made for this very thing.
Exactly.

Quote:
Yes, I was in terror. So, would you stink up a public restroom, where everyone knows you? Maybe I'm just better at holding it, than most....I don't recall ever having to go, NOW(maybe with the exception of diarrhea < that spelling looks so wrong to me, but spell check says it's right).
Oh, I've had to GO NOW on occasion - and I do not have IBS, btw. It's not fun. It's not like I wanted to stink up a public bathroom that others need to use. I obviously would have preferred to go at home. But my need to go will trump my feeling bad about you having to smell it for a few minutes every time.

I'm more concerned about germs & such in a public restroom, even though chances of actually catching anything from a toilet are slim to none. The doorknobs are the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Well, I think there's nothing more obnoxious than walking into work in the morning and having your eyeballs melt from the stench in the bathroom. I mean, you just got into work. Couldn't y'all have taken care of this business before coming in?? Seriously... as far as I'm concerned, doing that sort of thing in public should be only for exceptional, emergency-related purposes.
You can sh*t on command? Impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
suggested reading:

ugh.
Exactly. Holding it is bad, m'kay?
Old 03-18-2011, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You can sh*t on command? Impressive.
Perhaps that says something about your own habits! I guess everyone is different with respect to this particular bodily function, but I guess I'm not the type of person who goes only when the need to laxate is urgent. For practical purposes, I take care of business, sometimes pre-emptively, at an appropriate time/place, like clockwork. I would be horrified to be going about my day constantly worrying about having to, uh, drop the kids off at the pool at some point. If you eat a halfway decent diet and you are healthy, you should be able to establish some kind of a set daily routine for this. If you're not going at least once or twice a day at the same time(s) every day, then perhaps one should evaluate one's diet and/or look into dietary supplements. You really should not be carrying that stuff around for days at a time.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Perhaps that says something about your own habits! I guess everyone is different with respect to this particular bodily function, but I guess I'm not the type of person who goes only when the need to laxate is urgent. For practical purposes, I take care of business, sometimes pre-emptively, at an appropriate time/place, like clockwork. I would be horrified to be going about my day constantly worrying about having to, uh, drop the kids off at the pool at some point. If you eat a halfway decent diet and you are healthy, you should be able to establish some kind of a set daily routine for this. If you're not going at least once or twice a day at the same time(s) every day, then perhaps one should evaluate one's diet and/or look into dietary supplements. You really should not be carrying that stuff around for days at a time.
Kind of judgy there, Judy. And going about your day "worried" that you might have to poop? Really? It's that big a deal?

For the record, I personally go once a day or every other day, at around the same time of day. My diet is well balanced, I'm at a healthy weight & I exercise 5-6 days a week. But once in a while, pooping has to happen at an inconvenient time or place. It just does.

Nobody is in complete control of their bowels & to imply that there's something wrong with people who don't go every day, at the same time of day like clockwork, is just silly. It doesn't mean that they are ill or unhealthy because they suddenly feel the urge to poop at the grocery store & don't think they can hold it til their shopping is done & they drive all the way home.

And pre-emptive pooping? Like, laxatives or enemas? Or do you just sit there for 20 minutes & force it out? That's not exactly healthy either - have fun with those hemorrhoids! Also, everyone's body is different. Some people go every 3 or 4 days - from what I understand, it's that's normal for them there's nothing wrong with it.

On that note, I would also like to add that I'm pretty much done going in like 2-3 minutes. I feel that if it takes you 20 minutes or more to push it out, maybe you weren't ready to go.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Kind of judgy there, Judy. And going about your day "worried" that you might have to poop? Really? It's that big a deal?

For the record, I personally go once a day or every other day, at around the same time of day. My diet is well balanced, I'm at a healthy weight & I exercise 5-6 days a week. But once in a while, pooping has to happen at an inconvenient time or place. It just does.

Nobody is in complete control of their bowels & to imply that there's something wrong with people who don't go every day, at the same time of day like clockwork, is just silly. It doesn't mean that they are ill or unhealthy because they suddenly feel the urge to poop at the grocery store & don't think they can hold it til their shopping is done & they drive all the way home.

And pre-emptive pooping? Like, laxatives or enemas? Or do you just sit there for 20 minutes & force it out? That's not exactly healthy either - have fun with those hemorrhoids! Also, everyone's body is different. Some people go every 3 or 4 days - from what I understand, it's that's normal for them there's nothing wrong with it.

On that note, I would also like to add that I'm pretty much done going in like 2-3 minutes. I feel that if it takes you 20 minutes or more to push it out, maybe you weren't ready to go.

For the record, it's "Your Honor," not "Judy!"

I have to disagree with you about being in control of your bowels. You can control them to a certain extent. And you can train your body into adopting a precise rhythm (assuming that it doesn't have one naturally to begin with). And, no, if you rely on laxatives and enemas on a chronic basis, then there really is an issue that should be addressed at a dietary or medical level. And going every 3 or 4 days is not a good thing at all. If you laxate four or fewer times per week, you are technically constipated, which could have serious consequences if it is chronic, let alone being exquisitely uncomfortable.

And to further extrapolate this concept, I think if people cannot control this aspect of their lives, they are probably not in control of other aspects as well; I think it speaks volumes, uh, so-to-speak.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I have to disagree with you about being in control of your bowels. You can control them to a certain extent. And you can train your body into adopting a precise rhythm (assuming that it doesn't have one naturally to begin with). And, no, if you rely on laxatives and enemas on a chronic basis, then there really is an issue that should be addressed at a dietary or medical level. And going every 3 or 4 days is not a good thing at all. If you laxate four or fewer times per week, you are technically constipated, which could have serious consequences if it is chronic, let alone being exquisitely uncomfortable.

And to further extrapolate this concept, I think if people cannot control this aspect of their lives, they are probably not in control of other aspects as well; I think it speaks volumes, uh, so-to-speak.
Your Honor, I agree, for the most part. I never feel like I HAVE to go, NOW! More like, "oh, when I get home, I might need to go". Other than diarrhea, it's never an emergency. Maybe the fact that I work in a club, with 40yo bathrooms, that are disgusting, has made me get in touch with my plumbing....training myself that "no way in hell, am I going into that disgusting stall!" I've worked there for 20 years, and I've never poo'd there one time!

My friend has IBS, and anxiety issues(I believe the two go hand in hand), and he's hates to leave the house, because he's always worried about where he'll have to poop. I can't imagine living like that!

On the doorknob issue...when I'm on vacation, or far away from home, I always keep a napkin, or piece of paper, in my back pocket, to use as a door knob shield, for those damned bathrooms that only have hand blowers.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

1) Yes - to a certain extent. But you're implying that it's easy to decide when & where to **** all the time & that a person is weak or abnormal if they can't do that. Sometimes a person just has to GO! It does not mean there's anything abnormal about that person.
2) I'll give you that it's technically constipation to not poop for 4 days. I've never had the misfortune.
3) Seriously? If you have a poop stray outside your normal schedule once every few weeks, your life must be out of control?

Dude, you are so Type A.

Quote:
Your Honor, I agree, for the most part. I never feel like I HAVE to go, NOW! More like, "oh, when I get home, I might need to go". Other than diarrhea, it's never an emergency. Maybe the fact that I work in a club, with 40yo bathrooms, that are disgusting, has made me get in touch with my plumbing....training myself that "no way in hell, am I going into that disgusting stall!" I've worked there for 20 years, and I've never poo'd there one time!

My friend has IBS, and anxiety issues(I believe the two go hand in hand), and he's hates to leave the house, because he's always worried about where he'll have to poop. I can't imagine living like that!

On the doorknob issue...when I'm on vacation, or far away from home, I always keep a napkin, or piece of paper, in my back pocket, to use as a door knob shield, for those damned bathrooms that only have hand blowers.
1) Maybe YOU don't have to, but some people do. That doesn't make them gross or bad people. Do you think they want to poop in a public bathroom? My guess is no.
2) Since you have a friend w/IBS, I would think you'd be a bit more understanding when someone unintentionally offends you with their odor.

To quote a kids' book:
EVERYBODY POOPS! And everyone's poop stinks. Get over it.
Closed Thread