User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-08-2018, 04:41 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
Stevie is a paycheck member at this point. Why would she get THAT upset about the delay of a tour she probably wasn’t much looking forward to in the first place?

Then again, pettiness and drama knows no bounds in the FM realm.
Because it's Lindsey and she will never throw her full support behind anything that he really wants. To be fair, I'm just as sick of his endless speeches about musical painting and cycles as I am her diva antics. It's my dream to see all five of them together in concert but with Chris and John handling all between song banter.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
Don't understand why FleetwoodMac is doing this if all this talk is true. Unless the band already had the tour pretty much booked and signed, maybe contracts were signed and too much money was going to be lost if they canceled.
I think I remember when Christine came back Mick said the band will only exist at this point with the five of them, that there would never be another line-up.
At this point why don't they just pack it in and keep their legacy intact.
I think they're going to lose money hiring two musicians and selling less tickets without Lindsey. Couldn't they just wait for him?

Mick is a liar. Same with Stevie.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
If it is true then I'd be really pissed off with Christine. Unless Lindsey actually did something ultra-bad then Christine should say FU Stevie, FU Mick and go and work on songs for BuckVie 2.
I'm mad at Christine too. Unless they tell me she voted in favor of Lindsey, no matter what producers have said.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-08-2018, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamwilliame View Post
Because it's Lindsey and she will never throw her full support behind anything that he really wants. To be fair, I'm just as sick of his endless speeches about musical painting and cycles as I am her diva antics. It's my dream to see all five of them together in concert but with Chris and John handling all between song banter.
like this:

by far the best intro on that tour!
and she really didn't wanna do it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-08-2018, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lindsey's crucifixion pose on the Musicares red carpet certainly makes sense now. This has been brewing for a while. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall at that rehearsal or in the backstage area. What the hell happened? If no one got thrown over the hood of a car I'm going to be disappointed.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 04-08-2018 at 04:57 PM..
Old 04-08-2018, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I think they're going to lose money hiring two musicians and selling less tickets without Lindsey. Couldn't they just wait for him?
Stevie fills arenas on her own. Fleetwood Mac will be fine.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
WTF
I guess maybe Stevie got her way after all if this is true. I was reading that most Heartbreakers fans think its a mistake because they don't like Fleetwood Mac. If this is true why would you not bring back Billy? Maybe Billy is pissed and that is why he is acting so childish. If true, I feel bad for Christine. She came back to this silly drama.
How is it posible that Mick let Stevie choose Lindsey's replacement? It's like if you ask me: who do you choose as his replacement? I'm gonna say Brian May because I'm a Queen fan and everybody around me know that. So we all know Stevie is behind this because Lindsey's replacement comes from Stevie's favorite band. You don't let someone who doesn't play an instrument to choose a guitarist's replacement.

He's letting everybody know Stevie is behind Lindsey's firing.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Stevie fills arenas on her own. Fleetwood Mac will be fine.
Stevie fills arenas with The Pretenders. And Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey isn't Fleetwood Mac anymore.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

If this is true, I don't want to hear any "the promoters wanted..." crap. They need to own this.

Old 04-08-2018, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
How is it posible that Mick let Stevie choose Lindsey's replacement? It's like if you ask me: who do you choose as his replacement? I'm gonna say Brian May because I'm a Queen fan and everybody around me know that. So we all know Stevie is behind this because Lindsey's replacement comes from Stevie's favorite band. You don't let someone who doesn't play an instrument to choose a guitarist's replacement.

He's letting everybody know Stevie is behind Lindsey's firing.
I know you're upset but Lindsey worked with Tom and Mike too. Someone posted elsewhere that Mike is far too talented to sit around doing nothing. I'm intrigued with what this incarnation is going to sound like. We might get some new music yet.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Wow....so either Mick is disgustingly money grubbing and truly has no shame and/or Stevie is truly a diva or has had her brain messed up from Tom dying. This is horrible.
Or both. And yes, it's horrible.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I know you're upset but Lindsey worked with Tom and Mike too. Someone posted elsewhere that Mike is far too talented to sit around doing nothing. I'm intrigued with what this incarnation is going to sound like. We might get some new music yet.
I'm upset because I'm saying something quite obvious? That a guitarist's replacement should be chosen by someone who plays an instrument?

So Lindsey chose his own replacement because he also worked with Tom and Mike?

So if we're gonna get new music, you think Stevie will now be willing to make that album she didn't want to do with Lindsey around? It won't be a FM album, it will be a FM + HB album.

I'm not intrigued at all with this new incarnation because both Mick and Stevie betrayed Lindsey. Simple as that. He didn't deserve any of this.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Ah, well...

You stop reading the Ledge for a few days and then someone gets fired and replaced! Just finished 13 pages of thread and I'm not sure how I feel about all this. Don't get me wrong, I'm always gonna be more Stevie than Lindsey, but this could be rough. I'm a little sad that something like this may be happening after the five of them finally get back together. I don't care one way or another if there's a final album from them...that's their choice...it would be great to hear something but would it really live up to our expectations? I'm skeptical.

Inserting someone like Mike Campbell is odd only in that he doesn't sing. He's a phenomenal player and could probably match (or even outplay) Lindsey. Tom Petty shows were off the charts because all of those musicians are some of the best at what they do. (Second the idea of Benmont coming along, too!) The only silver lining to this would be no more 'Big Love' and rambly speeches. S&L should both cut the speeches and throw in another two or three songs. Will be anxiously awaiting actual confirmation of this news as it would be completely out of left field in my mind. While I think there would be some desertion by fans, it won't be enough to cause them to rethink this possible firing. So, let's buckle up for the ride!
Old 04-08-2018, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamwilliame View Post
I have tremendous respect for Mike Campbell as a musician. I've no doubts he can play the hell out of the songs. It does bother me that he would agree to this gig.

It also angers me all the more because of how they went through so much trouble not to piss Stevie off with the Buckingham/ McVie project which was as much if not more a Fleetwood Mac album than Tango or SYW!

Why do I get the feeling Mick and Stevie will be the only ones of the five still touring (or playing Vegas) as Fleetwood Mac in a few years?
Oh, she was pissed! She just didn't show it.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I'm upset because I'm saying something quite obvious? That a guitarist's replacement should be chosen by someone who plays an instrument?

So Lindsey chose his own replacement because he also worked with Tom and Mike?

So if we're gonna get new music, you think Stevie will now be willing to make that album she didn't want to do with Lindsey around? It won't be a FM album, it will be a FM + HB album.

I'm not intrigued at all with this new incarnation because both Mick and Stevie betrayed Lindsey. Simple as that. He didn't deserve any of this.
We don't know anything at this point. If Stevie had the authority to fire Lindsey from FM he would have been gone a million times by now. If I had to guess I would say it was a majority or unanimous decision. And by god I know this forum likes its Stevie Haterade but the "one who doesn't play an instrument" sells tickets. We don't even know what really happened yet so it's kind of impossible to say what Lindsey did or didn't deserve at this point. Like I said that crucifixion pose from the red carpet was quite telling. This has been brewing for a while now.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 04-08-2018 at 05:36 PM..