Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-13-2015, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Charlottesville, VA March 15, 2015

The Daily Progress, March 13, 2015

http://www.dailyprogress.com/enterta...ebd4afbfa.html

The five stars who made loving Fleetwood Mac fun bring the magic to JPJ Arena show

By Mary Alice Blackwell

Like the proverbial phoenix, Fleetwood Mac continues to soar on the wings of its own snow-white doves.

Plural “doves,” because the parts of the sum are equally talented and successful as individuals. But, oh, when they reunite, as they have on rare but much-anticipated occasions, Fleetwood Mac is, as Newsday wrote, still magical.

“Between [Lindsey] Buckingham’s epic guitar solos, Mick Fleetwood’s massive drumming, John McVie’s strong bass work, [Stevie] Nicks’ patented spins to punctuate the lovely ‘Gypsy’ and Christine McVie’s lush vocals, Fleetwood Mac looked ready to take on what Buckingham has called ‘the next chapter.’ ’’

Those chapters continue to grow and change, but the story has remained constant.

Out of angst, through makeups and breakups, trials and tribulations, the band that recorded one of the best-selling albums of all time is still as relevant today as it was more than 30 years ago.

How else can you account for the list of sold-out arenas — and it’s not a cheap ticket by any means — during the band’s new “On with the Show” tour?

Charlottesville’s 8 p.m. Sunday show was a late addition to the second leg of the 68-date tour across the U.S. and Canada.

But even when elements are in synch, the unexpected can arise. An unspecified illness forced the postponement of Wednesday’s concert in Little Rock, Arkansas, and Thursday’s performance in Oklahoma City. Both shows, however, will go on later in April.

One hopes all will be well by Sunday.

Many are eager to just be in the room to hear the songs that have been the soundtrack to so many lives — from proms to weddings to even a presidential election.

“Don’t Stop,” a 1977 song that went to No. 3 on the charts, became the anthem that Bill Clinton rode to the White House. It was written by Christine McVie. For the band, it was a time filled with rumors and some damn good music. The McVie were ending their marriage, Buckingham and Nicks were in the midst of a breakup and Mick Fleetwood was in the process of going through a divorce.

They could break the chain, but they recorded what turned out to be one of the best-selling “Rumors” of all time.

Although the band had disbanded by the time Clinton took the White House, it is hard to say no to the president of the United States. He persuaded the musicians to reunite for one performance — his inaugural ball in 1993.

It wouldn’t be the last time.

Although couples no more — and quite often, there were signs of antagonism off the stage, if not on — the band members went out on tour for the 20th anniversary of “Rumors.”

The reunion brought them as close as the newly built Nissan Pavilion in Bristow. It was the mid-’90s. Fleetwood pounded the drums with a vengeance as the band of musicians harmonized to perfection through two and half hours of their classic hits — songs like “Tusk,” “Big Love” and “Go Your Own Way.”

And they did.

Each drove off waving from the windows of a separate limo.

Christine McVie left the band in 1997.

Two years ago, Nicks told a Rolling Stone reporter that there was “more a chance of an asteroid hitting the Earth” than having Christine McVie and the band back together.

But, maybe, you really can’t break the chains.

After 16 years, 71-year-old McVie agreed to go “On with the Show.” The cost of tickets for the 2015 tour soared. While there have been several incarnations of the band, some substitute players, some new and different bands and some solo projects, there is really only one Fleetwood Mac.

We hope they are a successful band of individuals, all healthy, and happy, and harmonizing one more time.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Brandi Carlile in C'Ville tonight...maybe someone will join her for The Chain.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Charlottesville photos, enjoy!

https://plus.google.com/photos/11737...09183005062641
There is always magic to be summoned at any point. I love to live in a world of magic, but not a fake world of magic. We all really basically have a lot of magic....it's only those of us that choose to accept it, that really understand it. It's there for everyone. That's the only thing that I feel that I am able to give to people and that's why I know that they respond to me because I try to give them only their own magic...not mine, but theirs.
~Stevie Nicks, Jim Ladd Innerview, 1979
Old 03-16-2015, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Looked like a fun night. This post-NGBA embrace made a comeback which was nice...

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 03-16-2015, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"

Last edited by nicole21290; 03-17-2015 at 01:03 AM..
Old 03-17-2015, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post

I love this! Is the hug during GYOW new?
Old 03-17-2015, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Sure is new! They past few shows they've been flirting with a fistbump/high five type thing but Lindsey sprung this one on her, lol. It reminds me a little of Landover in 1997, except that Stevie seems much more comfortable and pleased than she did then.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

It is cute how Lindsey sneaks up on Stevie at 00:30 during You make loving fun

http://youtu.be/GQFk1ZqKPk0
Old 03-17-2015, 07:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny23220 View Post
Thanks for posting the pictures. Where did Stevie get the box of animal crackers? Did someone throw them on stage?
Old 03-17-2015, 07:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Thanks for posting the pictures. Where did Stevie get the box of animal crackers? Did someone throw them on stage?
Yep, they sure did.

http://carriewintour.tumblr.com/post...ackers-and-she
http://carriewintour.tumblr.com/post...nimal-crackers
http://carriewintour.tumblr.com/post...his-i-did-this

Old 03-17-2015, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I am in a happy place tonight.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Sure is new! They past few shows they've been flirting with a fistbump/high five type thing but Lindsey sprung this one on her, lol. It reminds me a little of Landover in 1997, except that Stevie seems much more comfortable and pleased than she did then.
I thought the same thing! I love this one so much, I can't stop watching it! I watched both videos you have posted of it, and also love the little back rub he gives to Christine.

Now I'm off to watch YLMF.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Music Review: Fleetwood Mac

Posted: Monday, March 16, 2015 1:02 am Richmond Times Dispatch

http://www.richmond.com/entertainmen...711044de6.html

HAYS DAVIS | SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT

In pop music, lightning occasionally strikes twice. In the case of Fleetwood Mac, their smash 1977 album “Rumours” was closer to lightning striking an earthquake’s epicenter, still ranking as one of the top-selling albums in history. Along with other hit albums and a string of enduring singles, word of a Fleetwood Mac tour to those so warmly connected to the band’s music will always be big news.

With the five “Rumours”-era members reuniting, their current “On With the Show” tour is Fleetwood Mac’s biggest news in years. Had the Eagles not previously claimed “Hell Freezes Over” as a tour name, it might have seemed somewhat appropriate here.

A sold-out John Paul Jones Arena erupted with the opening notes of “The Chain,” and suddenly there was the band’s most famous lineup: Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, Christine McVie, John McVie, and Stevie Nicks. With Nicks at his right before a scarf-draped mic stand, Buckingham tore through a fiery guitar solo in one of the group’s hardest-rocking songs.

For those who had seen other touring versions of the band, it must have been a particular buzz for longtime fans to see Christine back at the keyboards. While making a point of welcoming her back, Nicks made reference to Christine’s maiden name, after which the singer/keyboard player joked, “I used to be Perfect before I married John.”

It was a set filled with highlights. A lively “Second Hand News” was followed by a bewitching turn from Nicks on “Rhiannon.” Christine stepped out from behind her keyboard to strap on an accordion and join Buckingham for a crowd-pleasing stomp through “Tusk.” It was still poignant to hear Nicks sing “Well, I’ve been afraid of changes ‘cause I’ve built my life around you” during “Landslide,” especially performing alone with ex-partner Buckingham onstage, and the crowd sang along. Buckingham then slowed “Never Going Back Again” to half its original tempo, underscoring its lyrical impact.

Bassist John McVie and drummer Mick Fleetwood, one of rock’s most solid rhythm sections, were content to lay a foundation in the background, though Fleetwood did have his time in the spotlight when he settled onto a mobile drum kit pushed to the front of the stage.

It seemed evident that Christine’s return had the band’s members as excited as their audience. “I think you can say that we’re a group that’s seen its fair share of ups and downs – well documented,” said Buckingham. “With the return of Christine, I think it’s safe to say we begin a beautiful, prolific new chapter of Fleetwood Mac!”
Old 03-17-2015, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

shoot just went through videos Nicole posted in the master thread and there's no gypsy intro recording with focus on lindsey. first he was sitting on the stage (not on speaker!) then he was laying down with his head in the audience. he was in an incredibly playful and interactive mood with both audience and band members the whole show, spreading the love all over the place. at one point during WT drum solo he had security bring one girl over half backstage behind where he was sitting, cause she was in 7th row or so, so he could sign something for her.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-17-2015, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

also no landslide intro from Charlottesville yet.

i though Stevie said something interesting - she said she stayed for the last few days in Charlottesville, while the rest of the band went up to DC.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"