User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Your mannequin observation is on point and, I believe, intentional. So much of that record is sonically about the plasticity of art. The music itself is wrapped in a bright, confectionary package. There are times when I listen to that record and feel as though I'm walking through a hall of mirrors somewhere at Coney Island. It's got that oddball, throwback feel. I personally love LAW AND ORDER and think the visual art to be quite apt.
Yes, I do think the cover is in keeping with the That's How We Do It In L.A. idea. Surface gloss. Movie Star patina. Survey says, ding, ding, ding. There's a certain flash and furor masking what is going on underneath.

Michele
Old 01-30-2017, 02:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwood Jack View Post
what do you think of the songs on "Law and Order"? Personally I love them for how weird and off the wall they are, but I'm curious as to what you think.
Law and Order is hands down my favorite LB album, and one of my all time favorite albums. It's like an good acid trip.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Reach View Post
Only Over You has become my favourite FM track of all time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
Only Over You is one of my favorite Christine songs.
I'm so glad to see there are others who enjoy this song! It has always gotten so much hate here.

I'm not sure if this is unpopular or not, but I generally think Lindsey's solo material is better than his FM material.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I'm so glad to see there are others who enjoy this song! It has always gotten so much hate here.

I'm not sure if this is unpopular or not, but I generally think Lindsey's solo material is better than his FM material.
I agree. Only Over You is almost the perfect Fleetwood Mac song. Christine is falling over backwards in love but the song also has a bluesy feel. The music is also outstanding. Lindsey plays a wicked guitar at the end and the groove is out of this world. Only Over You was buried on an extremely underrated album last song first side. Its a pure gem. It confuses me for someone to hate the song but like Fleetwood Mac. The song underscores everything right about Fleetwood Mac.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I wholeheartedly agree. Nothing on Mirage or Tango competes with Law and Order or Go Insane.

And his work on SYW, while full of substance, is still not as engaging to me as the three studio albums that followed it.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Law and Order is hands down my favorite LB album, and one of my all time favorite albums. It's like an good acid trip.
Same here. It's my second favorite LB album, after Out of the Cradle.

My unpopular Fleetwood Mac opinion is that I don't care for the 1975 white album -- with the exception of maybe three songs.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think Carol Ann Harris was a bad person or just a Stevie replacement. I think she and Lindsey definitely shared something together and I do think he loved her and wasn't just trying to get back at Stevie.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB View Post
My unpopular Fleetwood Mac opinion is that I don't care for the 1975 white album -- with the exception of maybe three songs.
I agree. I find that album to be completely boring. It's by far the FM album I listen to the least.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
I agree. I find that album to be completely boring. It's by far the FM album I listen to the least.
Not liking the White Album is grounds for being banned.
Don't you know the rules?
Old 01-30-2017, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Forget Rumours, forget Tusk, forget the White Album, their best album to listen to is actually Mystery to Me since we're practically in 1973 right now.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sugar Daddy is one of my all-time favorite Chris songs, while Don't Stop is probably one of my least favorites. Sugar Daddy is just one of those songs that makes me wanna dance every time I hear it. I love beat and lyrics (while silly) are fun. Don't Stop is one of my least favorites from Rumours and I would even put Oh Daddy above it.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Not liking the White Album is grounds for being banned.
Don't you know the rules?
can't wait to assert your newly bestowed powers i see?!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-31-2017, 03:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB View Post

It sounds dated, whereas Rumours and Tusk still sound fresh.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24karatstevie View Post
Sugar Daddy is one of my all-time favorite Chris songs, while Don't Stop is probably one of my least favorites. Sugar Daddy is just one of those songs that makes me wanna dance every time I hear it. I love beat and lyrics (while silly) are fun. Don't Stop is one of my least favorites from Rumours and I would even put Oh Daddy above it.
Amen. I will never understand the hate that Sugar Daddy gets. I love everything about it! It's perfekt!
Old 01-31-2017, 03:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
can't wait to assert your newly bestowed powers i see?!
Nancy Jean got a promotion? How the hell did that happen?