User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You know, despite all her smiles and the way she was signing autographs in Europe, I don't think Christine really likes fans that much to do a meet and greet.

Michele
frankly, if you think about his character traits (introverted, etc), i don't think Lindsey does either. but he did those anyway, i'm still not exactly sure why - but glad he did!!.

i'd love to have a m&g with Chris that would be similar to the ones we had with Lindsey throughout 2012. although at the time i sometimes felt slightly annoyed that from time to time he'd just feel like having a semblance of a regular conversation when all i wanted to discuss was which songs he needs to release or play in concert , now when i think back, especially after Mick's, Lindsey's meet&greets were really really nice, warm, and so normal - however hard that may be to believe.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
frankly, if you think about his character traits (introverted, etc), i don't think Lindsey does either. but he did those anyway, i'm still not exactly sure why - but glad he did!!.
I think Christine loves her friends, but hates people, in general.

Michele
Old 05-02-2014, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's been moaning all these years about it not being the same without Christine and now she lets them down?

Or maybe she had all this booked before Christine was brought back all of a sudden - not that it seemed all that sudden, they'd been softening up the ground for her return all year.

Well I guess there was no Lindsey on Behind the Mask and no Christine on Say You Will (yeah OK the title track from the former and Murrow etc from the latter) so we'll just get an album of stuff like Mystified and Ricky and You and I Part II. Oh and Isn't It Midnight.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
Or maybe she had all this booked before Christine was brought back all of a sudden -
I'm willing to bet that's the case. One hypothesis could be that Stevie and Dave probably got together sometime late last year and coordinated their schedules to start a new album this year, then Christine's announcement came after.

Or...Christine announced her return, AND THEN Stevie decided to be vindictive and record a new album, just to be a b**ch and stir the drama pot, like "Fleetwood Mac can't do anything without me...so I shall make them wait, because I can." And maniacal laughter followed.

Who knows? But in my opinion, it's the former. Stevie and Dave already made plans before Christine rejoined.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
Stevie's been moaning all these years about it not being the same without Christine and now she lets them down?

Or maybe she had all this booked before Christine was brought back all of a sudden - not that it seemed all that sudden, they'd been softening up the ground for her return all year.

Well I guess there was no Lindsey on Behind the Mask and no Christine on Say You Will (yeah OK the title track from the former and Murrow etc from the latter) so we'll just get an album of stuff like Mystified and Ricky and You and I Part II. Oh and Isn't It Midnight.
This is what I've been saying...
Old 05-02-2014, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
I'm willing to bet that's the case. One hypothesis could be that Stevie and Dave probably got together sometime late last year and coordinated their schedules to start a new album this year, then Christine's announcement came after.

Or...Christine announced her return, AND THEN Stevie decided to be vindictive and record a new album, just to be a b**ch and stir the drama pot, like "Fleetwood Mac can't do anything without me...so I shall make them wait, because I can." And maniacal laughter followed.

Who knows? But in my opinion, it's the former. Stevie and Dave already made plans before Christine rejoined.
YES !
Old 05-02-2014, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post

Because you want to think Stevie is good and wouldn't do that. That being something you deem a jerk thing to do. That's really what you're basing it on. And that's fine. But that's not good enough for me. At no point has she publicly committed to doing a FM album (or even mentioned that it's something she'd like to do) when all of the others have AND none of the others , who have commented on their progress in the studio on multiple occasions, have mentioned that they expect her there either. She had also said the first part of her year was open to doing whatever. 2 weeks working on a solo album (since we're assuming she and Dave got together and scheduled this before Christine was in the picture) is not a valid reason to be non-committal with the band who had already been recording for over a month up to the point she scheduled her 2 week session with Dave.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 05-02-2014 at 04:46 PM..