User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: 18

Sex: Male

When you became a fan: Sometime in the late 90s, but not a hardcore fan til 07.

How you became a fan: My mom's The Dance CD and SYW.

First 3 FM songs: Well, the first three I was aware of hearing and knowing that they were Fleetwood Mac were the first three on the dance CD. So The Chain, Dreams & Everywhere

First FM vocalist: all three at once, because of The Chain.

Favorite FM Time Period: Tusk!

Concerts you've attended: I've only seen them together once during Unleashed.

Favorite thing about FM: the harmonies, diversity. basically the fact that they aren't like any other band

Least favorite thing about FM: christine isn't part of it anymore

Are you the same fan your where when you started: nope.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: honestly, the rumours five back together. I wanna see chris.

You wish for the future of the Mac: make music, please.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: 19

When you became a fan: 2002

How you became a fan: Everywhere on The Dance

First 3 FM songs: Everywhere, Rhiannon, Fireflies

First FM vocalist: Christine

Favorite FM Time Period: 72-now (minus Time)

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: 45% Stevie, 40% Christine, 10% Bob, 5%Lindsey

Concerts you've attended: 0

FM stuff you own: Vinyl records

Favorite thing about FM: Stevie and the fact that they are pure talent no matter the era or line up.

Least favorite thing about FM: Bekka

Are you the same fan your where when you started: Not at all

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Stevie, Christine, Rick, Bob, Mick, and John.

You wish for the future of the Mac: Just for Christine to come back.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

When you became a fan: February '93

How you became a fan: Heard Gold Dust Woman and The Chain back to back on the radio

First 3 FM songs: Gold Dust Woman, The Chain, Rhiannon

First FM vocalist: Stevie Nicks

Favorite FM Time Period: Tusk... but anything '76-'82 was awesome

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: strange question I can't answer

Concerts you've attended: Time, Say You Will

FM stuff you own: Mirage concert shirt, Day On The Green '77 poster, '75 poster, lotsa vinyl, prolly lots more I'm forgetting

Favorite thing about FM: The whole mystical vein that runs throughout all incarnations of the band.

Least favorite thing about FM: Their laziness and reluctance to put out new material.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: It was all about Stevie Nicks for me 2 decades ago. Not the case now.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Christine, Lindsey, Mick, John, Stevie

You wish for the future of the Mac: At least one more new album filled with solid material to right the wrongs of SYW.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: 18

When you became a fan: 2008

How you became a fan: Bored. Googlinge friend's names. Have a friend called Rhiannon. Discovered the song.

First 3 FM songs: Rhiannon, Landslide, Little Lies.

First FM vocalist: Stevie.

Favorite FM Time Period: 75-82

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: 75% Stevie, 20% Christine, 5%Lindsey

Concerts you've attended: 0

FM stuff you own: CDs.

Favorite thing about FM: The music, and how they didn't just stick to a winning formula.

Least favorite thing about FM: That they didn't make more album back when Stevie and Lindsey still had brilliant voices, and that they've only made 4 albums with Stevie and Lindsey since Tusk.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: No, not really.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: The Fab 5 back together again.

You wish for the future of the Mac: Just for Christine to come back. Just to steal tillthefirefades' excellent answer.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: 44yo
When you became a fan: 1982
How you became a fan: I guess Gypsy video was what convinced me.
First 3 FM songs: first I heard? Dreams, Don't Stop, Sara. first in my fave list? always changing.
First FM vocalist: Stevie Nicks or Christine McVie
Favorite FM Time Period: '75 through Tusk,
Vocalist breakdown by percentage: always changing.
Concerts you've attended: Reunion Tour, NYC (Thanksgiving 1997). And Unleashed Tour, may 2009
FM stuff you own: besides CDs? poster, mug, several t-shirts
Favorite thing about FM: 2 vocalists an authors.
Least favorite thing about FM: right now, the absence of Christine
Are you the same fan your where when you started: no.
Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Christine coming back for a farewell tour
You wish for the future of the Mac: Christine coming back for a farewell tour
Old 01-05-2011, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When you became a fan

How you became a fan
Listening to Rumours

First 3 FM songs
Rhiannon, Go Your Own Way, Hypnotized

First FM vocalist
Christine McVie (I don't understand this question)

Favorite FM Time Period
1974 to 1979

Vocalist breakdown by percentage
25% Peter, 25% Stevie, 40% Christine, 10% Lindsey

Concerts you've attended
Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Sacramento, Tucson

FM stuff you own
Just albums--sold everything else

Favorite things about FM
Tasty pop licks, Englishness, orchestration

Least favorite thing about FM
The frequent descents into obloquy owing to the band's unwillingness to go away.

Are you the same fan your where when you started
No

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen
A 1968 Peter with a 1970 Danny with a 1974 Bob Welch with a 1979 Christine with a 1978 Stevie with a 1980 Lindsey with a 1979 John with a 1980 Mick.

You wish for the future of the Mac
Some sort of career-ending catastrophe that generates all sorts of archival film & tape releases from the 1970s.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Senior Ledgie

Age Range: I am 37

When you became a fan: Probably first early 80's when I was young hearing songs like The Chain and Go Your Own Way on the radio. In 95 I was reborn again as a fan and when they reunited I became hopelessly addicted.
How you became a fan: Hearing early Mac on the radio. The Chain, Say You Love Me, Go Your Own Way, Dreams... loved it. In 95 I got The Greatest Hits and it was off from there till the reunion solidified my complete and undying allegiance.

First 3 FM songs: The Chain, Say You Love Me, Go Your Own Way

First FM vocalist: Lindsey

Favorite FM Time Period: 1975 - Tusk

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: Lindsey 60%, Chrsitine 25%, Stevie %15.

Concerts you've attended: Haven't yet had the pleasure. If they come near me on the next tour, I won't miss it cuz it'll probably be their last.

FM stuff you own: All of their music on CD as well as the 3 reissues with extra tracks. All of Lindsey's albums on CD if that counts. I also have the Big Love/You and I, Part 1 45.

Favorite thing about FM: The music of course... mainly the style in which Lindsey plays guitar and his guitar playing/technique in general. He's the signature sound of the band. He is my favorite member by far.
Least favorite thing about FM: No Christine in the lineup. Also they don't put out albums close together at all.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: No, much much more of a fan. I go through phases where I will only listen to FM or Lindsey solo. I am in one of those phases as we speak and I am listening to the outtake version of Oh Diane as I type.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Christine coming back to complete the quintet

You wish for the future of the Mac: Another album (one where LB lets an outside producer handle it and also write songs closer to the style of GoS and a few on UTS... in other words a bit more radio friendly). Another tour. Maybe a farewell tour that would bring Ms. Perfect back to solidify the band.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
You wish for the future of the Mac
Some sort of career-ending catastrophe that generates all sorts of archival film & tape releases from the 1970s.
Like a plane crash?
Old 01-06-2011, 06:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When you became a fan: 1978-1988, reborn 20010

How you became a fan: I sent my sister into town to buy me Plastic Letters by Blondie, but she couldn't remember what I'd asked her to get and bought Rumours instead

First 3 FM songs: Must've been SHN, Dreams and NGBA?

First FM vocalist: Must've been LB?

Favorite FM Time Period: Visually, I think they looked amazing between '75 and '79. Musically, I like some things from all lineups from '67 to present.

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: Well, cards on the table: I've never enjoyed Christine as a vocalist. Bland. The idea of her winning an award for blues vocals is, to me, comical. LB has pretty much lost it, and seems to actively want to sound terrible at times. SN's voice has changed a lot over the years, and I hate the really nasal stuff, but I find her voice the most interesting.

Concerts you've attended: Saw them in London in 1988, right at the point where I'd kind of stopped being a fan but I'd had the tickets for ages so I went. It was ok.

FM stuff you own: Just music -- oh, and a little enamelled lapel pin and a Tusk tour programme that I bought when I first became a fan.

Favorite thing about FM: That thing about how, on paper, those five people shouldn't have been able to accomplish anything, and yet they did.

Least favorite thing about FM: I could say "Christine McVie fans who have a problem with my own completely legitimate preference for someone else", but that's not really my "Least favourite thing about FM", is it? No. That's lumping people together under a label and having a go. Every chance you get.

Are you the same fan you where when you started: Pretty much. What's great is that, having not been keeping up with them for 20+ years, and my first fan spell being pre-internet, I'm still finding so many new things.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Despite what I said about liking Chris's voice the least, I do most enjoy the three voices together, so it would be great to have the 'Rumours' lineup back.

You wish for the future of the Mac: Another studio album without LB producing, and a tour that comes to the UK!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: 30 years old

When you became a fan: Late 80s

How you became a fan: My mom had purchased the '88 Greatest Hits album, and I got hooked when she played it in the car.

First 3 FM songs: Little Lies, Everywhere, Big Love

Favorite FM Time Period: Tusk-era

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: ----

Concerts you've attended: Four shows on the SYW tour.

FM stuff you own: Not that much.... some vinyls, tourbooks, and songbooks.

Favorite thing about FM: A combination of things...

Least favorite thing about FM: Stale, tired concert set lists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you the same fan your where when you started: No

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Rumours + Bob Welch

You wish for the future of the Mac: Get another freaking album out already, preferably with Christine
Old 01-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Age Range: 36

When you became a fan: Fleetwood Mac: 1987, Lindsey Buckingham: 1984, Stevie Nicks 1985

How you became a fan: Long story short-I was already a fan of Lindsey since Go Insane. I became a fan of Stevie with Rock a Little. I had no idea they were in a band together until Tango In the Night. I loved the single 'Big Love'. I got the Tango album. I loved the rest of the album. I then started getting other FM albums and member solo albums. I realized I'd heard plenty of these songs over the years and liked them. So....a fan ever since!!

First 3 FM songs: If this means the first three I heard after knowing who Fleetwood Mac was: Big Love, Seven Wonders, and Little Lies

First FM vocalist:Lindsey Buckingham!

Favorite FM Time Period: Buckingham Nicks years, followed by 1971-1974 FM

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: 35% Lindsey, 25% Christine, 14% Stevie, 6% Danny Kirwan, 6% Bob Welch, 5% Billy Burnette, 4% Peter Green, 3% Jeremy Spencer, 1% Bekka Bramlett, 1% Rick Vito

Concerts you've attended: Fleetwood Mac: The Dance tour, Columbus, OH October 1997, Say You Will tour, Atlanta, GA June 2003

FM stuff you own: Aside from Music: Promo Dance poster, Promo SYW poster (small), Promo SYW 3 feet x 3 feet Posterboard, Tour T-shirts from The Dance, SYW, older t-shirt (from 70s?) given to me in 1994, Stevie T-shirt from Rock a Little Era, Christine McVie Picture Disc, Bob Welch Picture Disc. I'm sure I'm leaving out something.....

Favorite thing about FM: Too many to name!!

Least favorite thing about FM: Too many years of dragging their feet. Too much indecisiveness. It sometimes makes a fan feel like we care more about Fleetwood Mac then they do!

Are you the same fan you were when you started: I don't think I realized I was a 'permanent fan' when I started out! I was almost 13 and at that age, you are not always thinking in concrete terms about '10 years from now, 20 years from now'. Since 1997, I've realized I'm definitely in this for life!!

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Mick, John, Lindsey, Christine, & Bob Welch!

You wish for the future of the Mac:I want them to do what will make them happy. Still, if they intend to not make more albums together or if they get to that point in the future, they should let the fans know that! That way, we will know where they stand.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: 30 something

When you became a fan: Seriously in 1997

How you became a fan: Sitting in awe after watching Silver Springs from The Dance for the very first time.

First 3 FM songs: Rhiannon, Gold Dust Woman, Gypsy

First FM vocalist: I liked Lindsey's songs first, but that all changed after The Dance. Stevie is my favorite now.

Favorite FM Time Period: Rumours-Mirage

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: 70% Stevie; 20% Lindsey; 10% Chris

Concerts you've attended: Say You Will and 2 Stevie solo shows

FM stuff you own: Too much to count: vinyl, c.d.'s, posters, books, tour merch, ebay memoribilia, you name it.

Favorite thing about FM: the beautifully blended 3-part harmony of Stevie, Lindsey and Chris.

Least favorite thing about FM: all the shipper crap

Are you the same fan your where when you started: No, I got over the Stevie/Lindsey romance thing LONG ago.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: The five from the Rumours line-up.

You wish for the future of the Mac: To put out a new album of NEW material with Chris (pipe dream, I know) and a tour featuring new songs and obscure material either never or rarely done live. I guess I'll keep on wishin'!

Last edited by cliffdweller; 01-06-2011 at 03:23 PM..
Old 01-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: Over 45. That's all I'm 'fessing up to.

When you became a fan: 1997

How you became a fan: Fate. I kept channel surfing to the exact same spot in Silver Springs during the Dance (never get away, never get away). I was intrigued. Who was this man Stevie Nicks was railing at? And, damn, she looked good since the last time I saw her. And, how old was she anyway?

First 3 FM songs: Favorites? Gee. I'm kind of sick of most of them, to tell you the absolute truth. So, Everybody Finds Out. Tango in the Night. And...Not Make Believe

First FM vocalist: Lindsey/Stevie. Total toss up.

Favorite FM Time Period: Dance. I liked the vibe around that time. Although, SYW was fabulous (for me), too.

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: 50% Stevie; 40% Lindsey; 10% Chris

Concerts you've attended: Say You Will...10ish concerts? I don't remember. Stevie...since TISL...probably at least 10. Lindsey...8 or so. I really have to do the math. All I can tell you is I haven't been debt-free since I started attending these things.

FM stuff you own: LOADS of stuff. I don't even want to think of it.

Favorite thing about FM: I liked the general theme of second (third, fourth) chances, and love, no matter how dysfunctional, lasting throughout a lifetime. And I don't mean shipper love, either. Just relationships of all kinds.

Least favorite thing about FM: the backstabbing when they aren't sitting next to each other and the rewriting of history.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: No. This past Greatest Hits tour really made me not love them as much.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: I actually like them just the way they are. I have no desire to see CM, so...I'm good. I just wish they'd come at it with enthusiasm and a sense of creative wonder instead of wondering if they'll need a bigger bag to schlepp their money to the bank with.

You wish for the future of the Mac: Enthusiasm! Creativity! or hang it all up and go solo.

ETA: I did the (tentative) math.
New totals: FM (SYW and "Unleashed") 14
Lindsey Solo: 11
Stevie Solo: 17

I should have gone to FM rehab.

Last edited by Regina; 01-06-2011 at 01:47 PM..
Old 01-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When you became a fan: August '09

How you became a fan: Heard the TITN tour version of The Chain

First 3 FM songs: Don't Stop, Everywhere, Dreams

Favorite FM Time Period: 1971-1991

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: Impossible to do if I'm trying to fit in Greeny, Billy and Bob!

Concerts you've attended: None, will probably keep it that way

FM stuff you own: Behind The Mask and Greatest Hits CDs, Rumours on vinyl

Favorite thing about FM: All the variety in singers/moods/styles

Least favorite thing about FM: Rumours milking, the current circus of a line-up

Are you the same fan your where when you started: Shifted from being mainly a Stevie fan to being mainly a Christine fan

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen:

You wish for the future of the Mac: For them to either get off their bums or finish the band
Old 01-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Mick, John, Christine, Peter Green
Oh yesss

Gail