The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanx for the heads up, i usualy read these kind of announcements to late, guess i lucked out this time :-)
Old 10-29-2009, 10:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

Just remember that if you're in the UK and you miss the TV or radio shows you can catch them later on the BBC Iplayer.

I'll record the TV show and will no doubt have to record the radio show later from the BBC Iplayer and then save as MP3 to listen to later on my ipod.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The documentary was just on and while there was nothing really new they concentrated a lot on Tusk, which was pretty cool. There was also footage from backstage during the Tusk tour and of them getting off a plane that I had never seen before. Stevie is still adamant that she and Lindsey will never be friends. It did make me chuckle when she complained she had never been to his house.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I enjoyed it. I love Lindsey saying about how GOYW was just a truthful observation and then his cheeky smile afterwards. I think he's just trying to wind people up. I thought that in all of the interviews Lindsey, John and Mick seemed very happy. Lindsey was pretty smily the whole time. I didn't know what to think when Stevie said that it's more stressful now than ever being in Fleetwood Mac. I thought they were just having fun this tour? It worries me because she is the one who will decide if there is a new FM album.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She still seemed pretty pissed off about GYOW and the shackin' up line: "Because I'm prudish and ladylike I found it very disrespectful" lol

She was also pretty honest about the fact she was hardly there for Tango In The Night. I'm not surprised really that Lindsey quit after that album.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
I thought that in all of the interviews Lindsey, John and Mick seemed very happy. Lindsey was pretty smily the whole time.
So, John did participate too? That's pretty great. I'm glad he seemed happy. I know Mick is happy. Michele
Old 11-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, John took part and we even saw them at the end on Mick's balcony in Maui saying that England was too cold!
Old 11-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
She still seemed pretty pissed off about GYOW and the shackin' up line: "Because I'm prudish and ladylike I found it very disrespectful" lol

She's insane.

I agree with Peetsie though about Lindsey liking to wind people up. He just downright enjoys himself.

Michele
Old 11-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, John took part and we even saw them at the end on Mick's balcony in Maui saying that England was too cold!
So, I guess they won't be too happy when they're deported. Michele
Old 11-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie is still adamant that she and Lindsey will never be friends. It did make me chuckle when she complained she had never been to his house.
She's been saying this a lot this tour and of course there were quite a few quotes and interviews with the complete opposite viewpoint on the last tour.

Makes me wonder what her definition of them being friends is. It's not like Lindsey is going to roll up the jeans and park himself next to her in the pedicure chair.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post

Makes me wonder what her definition of them being friends is. It's not like Lindsey is going to roll up the jeans and park himself next to her in the pedicure chair.

I agree, it's weird. I mean, does she really expect to be a frequent house guest of Lindsey's? Given he's on tour with her for months and months each year I'd say it's pretty understandable now he has a family that he'd want his time off to concentrate on them.

Also, since someone was asking this recently, in the documentary she says that she ended the relationship with Lindsey (the line in Dreams "well there you go again, you say you want your freedom" is about herself she explained) and it ended for good on the last day of the making of Rumours.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Also, since someone was asking this recently, in the documentary she says that she ended the relationship with Lindsey (the line in Dreams "well there you go again, you say you want your freedom" is about herself she explained) and it ended for good on the last day of the making of Rumours.

...or ended in 1987 when she says she didn't really consider them broken up till then...or the other more recent quote where she says she knew it was really over when Lindsey's first child was born.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree, it's weird. I mean, does she really expect to be a frequent house guest of Lindsey's? Given he's on tour with her for months and months each year I'd say it's pretty understandable now he has a family that he'd want his time off to concentrate on them.
I know. This reminds me of Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny when they were being interviewed someone asked if they kept in touch and she started saying something about occasional emails and David just said, 'Frankly, she's had enough. We spent 12 hours together, every day for 9 years. She's had enough of me.' And she laughed and said that's more time than she ever spent growing up with her own brother and sister. And he added, "Or any of your many husbands."

I mean, after awhile, there's just not much room for "friendship." It's beyond that, too late for that, too much for that.

I mean, I know I did feel depressed when I watched a documentary on the Andrews sisters and learned that after they disbanded, they didn't even keep in touch. I didn't like to think that that could happen between sisters. But I hope that Lindsey and Stevie will never be out of touch more than a year or so, no matter what happens to FM. Even if they're in touch and bickering, I don't want them to become strangers.

Yet, friendship takes a certain amount of letting your guard down and trust that the other person is not looking for a weak spot and won't exploit one. Lindsey and Stevie can never find that with each other, because they just are not disinterested enough. She can't really have dinner with him and talk about being 170 pounds and not having the confidence to write songs anymore, without feeling vulnerable and embarassed, and minding. She doesn't mind feeling that way with Tom.

There are some people that you just don't let your walls down with, but it's not really an indication of the depth of the relationship. In fact, it may be proof of its depth.

But Kristen, invite that gal over some day and show off your decorating skills. Take her into the master bedroom. It ain't a mattress on the floor, but it's pretty spiffy.

Michele
Old 11-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
She's insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post

I don't know, Michele. I can see that happening. He has such soft hands, I'm thinking it's not the Palmolive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But Kristen, invite that gal over some day and show off your decorating skills. Take her into the master bedroom. It ain't a mattress on the floor, but it's pretty spiffy.

Michele
I bet Stevie would even teach her how to make coffee.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Also, since someone was asking this recently, in the documentary she says that she ended the relationship with Lindsey ... and it ended for good on the last day of the making of Rumours.
Her tombstone is going to read "Here She Lies - Lies Like a Rug"