The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-30-2004, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter_fades
I don't think anybody says you have to dislike him.
Pip's giving a nod to you on what fans have been through in the past.
It's something to think about if you really mean this quote.

It doesn't hurt for you to know Knight treated a lot of great loyal fans exactly that way when he first started Mick's site and chat board. To be kind, let's just say his communication skills were inept and caused a lot of anger and resentment among a large group of fans. If his way with fans has improved you're lucky to be treated so well. I wouldn't know. I'm still in the village of the banned. I haven't been to Mick's chat in over a year. If he's helping you that's great. I'd be willing to believe he has improved his way with fans except I'm confused about this

Sounds to me like same 'ol same 'ol with Knight. He has a habit of implying things and saying things that are nothing but bull. I can smell it from here. May I borrow that spray, sir?
I don't know exactly what went on, but i've seen it referred to, etc. i don't really think being the soul of discretion is in Mick's makeup...and actually i've found him engaging and expressive in the interviews i've seen him in...which i've liked, but that's because i don't really know about his other stuff, or haven't experienced it. however, i definitely acknowledge that he's been a bs -er, and that he has some less than desireable qualities...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 10-01-2004, 12:34 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
Ya lost me, I wasnt talking about what you may have posted over there...The private message I mentioned that the Nighty-Knight posted openly in a forum was over a year ago and between a trusted person who posts here regularly (She knows who she is...And hello to you!!!) and himself, But posting that in the open was definitely a black mark in my opinion.

Brian j.
wh00ps, misread

.~.*.~.

MG'S4EVER

http://www.greatestjournal.com/users/x_kimbee_x/
Old 10-01-2004, 03:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter_fades
I don't think anybody says you have to dislike him.
Pip's giving a nod to you on what fans have been through in the past.
It's something to think about if you really mean this quote.

It doesn't hurt for you to know Knight treated a lot of great loyal fans exactly that way when he first started Mick's site and chat board. To be kind, let's just say his communication skills were inept and caused a lot of anger and resentment among a large group of fans. If his way with fans has improved you're lucky to be treated so well. I wouldn't know. I'm still in the village of the banned. I haven't been to Mick's chat in over a year. If he's helping you that's great. I'd be willing to believe he has improved his way with fans except I'm confused about this

Sounds to me like same 'ol same 'ol with Knight. He has a habit of implying things and saying things that are nothing but bull. I can smell it from here. May I borrow that spray, sir?
I second everything said here.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

BTW Kim.... this is just a small portion of the **** dished by Todd but might explain why I, personally, feel so strongly against him.

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...8&page=1&pp=15

Er... it's a lengthy read.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation I remember this...

(And how he tried to cover-it-up/smooth-it-over after the proverbial "Cat was outta of the bag") and I agree with ya Pip about being against him.

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-01-2004, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey Brian. It's probably old news to everyone now. It is to me really and I haven't thought about it in quite a while. It just bugs me at times that he is still lingering... like that proverbial bad smell. Heh
Old 10-01-2004, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
Hey Brian. It's probably old news to everyone now. It is to me really and I haven't thought about it in quite a while. It just bugs me at times that he is still lingering... like that proverbial bad smell. Heh
It just amazes me that some people who've been in the FM fandom in the past 18 months still don't know about the evil Jonathan Toad. That's one of the first things I remember reading about when I joined the Ledge.

But it's good to remind people every once in a while that there are lying snakes out there and he should definitely not be trusted.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking But...

Quote:

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-01-2004, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merf
It just amazes me that some people who've been in the FM fandom in the past 18 months still don't know about the evil Jonathan Toad. That's one of the first things I remember reading about when I joined the Ledge.

But it's good to remind people every once in a while that there are lying snakes out there and he should definitely not be trusted.
In what way is JT still around? Please pardon my ignorance.

The thing that most irritates me about the exchange posted on this thread is his statement "lets put them in the CART and get a portion of their ticket sales". He doesn't want to help but he'll take the money. And how does he or anyone decide who is "safe". Dammit, I don't need to seethe over this all over again. I actually got my money's worth from that club because I got to go to the Boston taping. Otherwise it was a complete waste and probably cut a year off my life due to stress.

~Susan
Old 10-01-2004, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
In what way is JT still around? Please pardon my ignorance.

~Susan
He still runs Mick's site and is Mick's business partner and friend. He (along with Mick) is Executive Producer of 'The Mick Fleetwood Band's' new offering. And Todd Smallwood (who features on the album) is managed by Todd also. It seems he is still a big part of Mick's life.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
The thing that most irritates me about the exchange posted on this thread is his statement "lets put them in the CART and get a portion of their ticket sales". He doesn't want to help but he'll take the money. And how does he or anyone decide who is "safe". Dammit, I don't need to seethe over this all over again. I actually got my money's worth from that club because I got to go to the Boston taping. Otherwise it was a complete waste and probably cut a year off my life due to stress.

~Susan
Please don't seethe over it again! LOL! It just saddens me to see newer fans thinking Todd is a 'nice guy'. This is why I reposted the link

I think the thing that irritated me the most was his pathetic attempts to cover it up by getting someone to post 'the real email' (because of course we had doctored the one we posted on here..) Damn pathetic
Old 10-01-2004, 06:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
if he's that bad, then why doesn't mick just get rid of him or something? has anyone reported any of this? nothing will be done if it's not.

.~.*.~.

MG'S4EVER

Old 10-01-2004, 06:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Please don't seethe over it again! LOL! It just saddens me to see newer fans thinking Todd is a 'nice guy'. This is why I reposted the link

I think the thing that irritated me the most was his pathetic attempts to cover it up by getting someone to post 'the real email' (because of course we had doctored the one we posted on here..) Damn pathetic
Well i'm not exactly a "new" fan, i've been listening to Stevie since my Soph. yr of HS and now i'm out of HS but I just don't go looking in to everything, I just happened to find this guys email and thought it was worth a shot to get my story back to the band, he sent it to Mick's management and I found it nice... I can't just say I don't like him since he's done things to others, it's not me that he's doing the stuff too; that is of yet ~ I don't think he will be helping out but he was just the only one that had actually wanted to help at the time, John Kinney didn't.

.~.*.~.

MG'S4EVER

Old 10-01-2004, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Thanks for the link, I didn't know about this "gentleman". What I find incredible is that he's still there...

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 10-01-2004, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustGypsy03
I just happened to find this guys email and thought it was worth a shot to get my story back to the band, he sent it to Mick's management
How do you know he actually sent it to Mick's management? You can't trust anything Todd says, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustGypsy03
I don't think he will be helping out but he was just the only one that had actually wanted to help at the time, John Kinney didn't.
You have to realize that these guys probably get tons of emails from fans all over the world, quite possibly for the same reasons you emailed them. I don't think you should take it personally that JK wouldn't/couldn't help you with whatever it was you were asking of him.

Anyway, you keep bringing it up, so I hope you don't mind me asking -- why are you in such desperate need to get in touch with the band?

Last edited by heyjupiter678; 10-01-2004 at 08:05 PM..