Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2019, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My thing is, it's all very well to enjoy life and family and to stop and smell the roses and enjoy every Zevon sandwich. That's all very picturesque. If that's what you want, take it.

I'm not sure that's what Lindsey wants, however. I think he liked fueling the small machine with the big machine. It not only benefitted him monetarily, it fulfilled him in other ways. If he likes to perform for those size crowds, I want it for him.

I don't want him to bow to them in any way, but if he somehow goes back and has as much power and pride as he had before, then I don't say, "Stay away. They don't deserve it." I say, "Go Lindsey, YOU deserve it." It's not about love or bonds any more, but it could still be about personal fulfillment for him. It's pretty to think he doesn't need those things to be fulfilled any longer, but for me, it's not necessarily realistic to think that. I think he likes the high, the intimacy of the small venues, where you're connecting with dedicated fans AND the rock star screams. Maybe he's over that. If he is I am relieved. But if he's not, if he's still got a craving, I've got it too.

It's his birthright.