Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Nicks Live this century survey

I was just randomly sitting here comparing all the times I've seen Stevie live since 2001. Just how certain aspects were better about certain times and really of the 9 one performance led the way in basically every way (I'll reveal which one later)

So basically I'd like it if everyone listed how many and when/where you've seen Stevie both solo and in fleetwood Mac since the year 2000. If this number is more then 20, maybe you might want to skip this step. In fct id say this is optional for everyone. Then I've got a few questions.and remember in the case of Mac shows were focusing on just Stevie's performance. I'll start:

TISL: Cleveland ?
SYW : buffalo 5-15-03 and Toronto 9-20-03
Gold Dust: blossom music center 6-20-05
Crystal Visions: turning stone 2007
Unleashed: Rochester 03-15-09
Not a tour: turning stone August 2010
IYD: niagara falls July 2012
Stevie tells a long story tour: Cleveland 2013

1. Best single vocal moment:

Soldiers Angel final wail turning stone 2012

2. Best whole song vocal

Storms 2009
Edge of 17 2012. Runner up

3. Most energetic performance

Stand Back either SYW stop
Ghosts are Gone 2012

4. Most engaging

IYD tour by a landslide despite how engaged And spontaneous her without you speech was, the IYD show I saw was more audience interaction and speeding from Stevie then in the other 8 shows combined

5. best vocal overall show

IYD 2012
Gold Dust Tour 2005 runner up
2013 third place

6. Best set. (only question you can judge from not attending all shows)

Wiltern 5-26-11 wasn't there but from the videos holy sh*t. This set seems less real then some of our dream sets. 8 new songs, while still including Both sorcerer and FFG (and maybe the best FFG yet) and no landslide.and even The actual tour added landslide and rock and roll back in while subtracting 2 new songs it's still the number one set list of the decade. Not just what was played but how it was sequenced. Stevie finally lived up to her self proclaimed sequencing genius.

SYW opening night set runner up

Not a tour 2010. Third place

7.best overall Stevie show (for this question I'm choosing to list all the way to 9

IYD July 2012 not even close, best I've ever seen Stevie. I'm very glad Stevie added those 2012 dates, and glad I was fortunate enough to see a full edge of 17 and that ghosts are gone was played. I'm most excited that I got to see Stevie perform at this level.

Gold dust tour 2005

2013 tour.

Toronto 2003

Buffalo 2003

Not a tour 2010

TISL tour

Unleashed Rochester : 9 shows and let's say 1o5 different individual song performances and my very favorite soy was this storms, so that says a lot about how the Reston her performance brought her down. Vocally she was very spot on, just beyond unengaged when not actually singing. Plus Sara sucked bad here and was great on the last tour.

Crystal visions turning stone: not at all bad just basically a much lesser version of both the gold dust and 2010 shows with less songs, poorer song choice and much less memorable moments.

But what I take away most from all of the writing above is how lucky I feel to be able to compare NINE different shows. Never would've thought Id be able to say that if I went back 5 years

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-18-2014, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
4. Most engaging

IYD tour by a landslide despite how engaged And spontaneous her without you speech was, the IYD show I saw was more audience interaction and speeding from Stevie then in the other 8 shows combined
No Without You speeches on the IYD Tour. I'm sure you knew this but just made a mistake.

The rest of your post was a fun read.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

An iPad sucks as an only form of typing 90 percent of the time. So there are often mistakes, especially in such a LONG post. Or just A lack of getting a point across. I was saying while her without you speech from the 2013 tour was incredible on the engagement scale it doesn't top the overall feel of her entire IYD show.

It's funny because this is actually now a very large portion of my job. I'm a manager and probably 50 percent of what I do is try to promote engagement and recognize when my employees are engaged and aren't engaged. This past year was my first ever being high up enough to do performance reviews on them. And if I was giving Stevie her review in just the area of engagement she would range all the way from getting a 5 for her IYD tour to probably a 1 for the unleashed tour.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-18-2014, 06:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

I've seen her 9 times and the strongest vocal performance was 2007 Youngstown oh. It was her last show for a few weeks and she was really into it.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw her in Atlanta in 2011 on the IYD tour and in Atlanta in 2013 on the FM: Live tour. That's all for me, sadly. I thought both were great shows but enjoyed FM more because I was a lot closer and I was surrounded by actual fans.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I dont know where to begin.I've been to most of or all of her solo and FM New England and NY and NJ shows since 2001 and it will be hard to decide.

I was in the front row at the Turning Shone show.She was hot at that show.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016