Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-29-2002, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Time Setlist

How many of the time songs were performed live .Doesn anyone have a full set list.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 10-29-2002, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The show I attended (10/14/94), only Dave Mason's "Blow By Blow" was performed. From a TV broadcast I have a VHS of from sometime in 1995, they also had added Bekka's "Dreaming The Dream" (as the final song...ala "Songbird")

My guess as to the reason they didn't play more songs from the album was probably that they toured for 18 months BEFORE the album was released and not at all AFTERWARDS.

Also in their set at the show I saw was Billy Burnette's "The Bigger The Love"; which I've heard rumour, they recorded for inclusion on the "Time" album, but due to Christine's increased presence at a late date, it was left off the album. My only comment about that is: ANOTHER version, Billy? You already recorded it for TWO of your solo albums and John McVie used the song for his "Gotta Band" album.

Let's see...I have the full set list on a file on my work computer...

Ok, this is now the official list:

The Chain
You Make Loving Fun
Dreams
Oh, Well
All Along the Watchtower
The Bigger the Love
Blow By Blow
We Just Disagree
Gold Dust Woman
Only You Know and I Know
World Turning
Dear Mr. Fantasy
Say You Love Me
Don't Stop

(encores)
Go Your Own Way
Tear It Up
Imagine (yes, the John Lennon song...sung in a bluesy torch-ballad style by Bekka)

Last edited by chiliD; 10-31-2002 at 06:17 PM..
Old 10-30-2002, 12:28 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 10-31-2002, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, I finally edited the set list to the exact list.

I thought it was great. Being that they were simultaneously being broadcast live over the top classic rock radio station in Los Angeles, I thought this incarnation was "going places"...since they announced that the album would be out before Christmas...however, it was almost a year to the day until it finally was released. (apparently, the delay was due to Christine adding her tunes to what WAS an already complete album, titled "Another Link In The Chain")

Nope, apparently, the almighty Nicksfix was wrong ( )...she sang both "GDW" AND "Dreams", three of Christine's (plus, Christine's part on "World Turning"), 1/2 of "Oh Well"; and, she sang the part her mom sang on the original recording of Dave Mason's "Only You Know & I Know"...just before the first chorus, Bekka's mom, Bonnie, came out on stage to sing the backgrounds WITH Bekka!! It was a great moment. The concert ending version of "Imagine" was a tear jerker.

The odd thing was that they did "Dear Mr. Fantasy"...a Traffic tune written by Steve Winwood & Jim Capaldi and recorded during a stretch when Dave Mason was NOT a member.

Last edited by chiliD; 10-31-2002 at 06:18 PM..
Old 11-01-2002, 12:51 AM
thewhitewingedd
Old 11-02-2002, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thank you. this was intresting.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 11-02-2002, 07:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
I thought it was great. Being that they were simultaneously being broadcast live over the top classic rock radio station in Los Angeles, I thought this incarnation was "going places"...
I agree wholeheartedly on that one. The had a real cohesive band sound, real tight crisp harmonies. I was very impressed. The only thing I think they went wrong is that they should've dropped the Fleetwood Mac name, they were a few degrees too separated from what the the crowd expected "Fleetwood Mac" to be. 'Tis a shame. Anyone know if there are anymore boots out there other than Switzerland and Chicago?
-Brian
Old 11-02-2002, 11:28 PM
thewhitewingedd
Old 11-04-2002, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The only thing I think they went wrong is that they should've dropped the Fleetwood Mac name, they were a few degrees too separated from what the the crowd expected "Fleetwood Mac" to be.

Mick Fleetwood was the drummer; John McVie the bass player. That's all *I* need to accept a group as "Fleetwood Mac".
Old 11-04-2002, 03:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

Maybe I should've been more specific. The general public was less open to the new incarnation. The average schmuck on the street probably went "Where's Stevie? Where's Christine? Where's Lindsey? Not Fleetwood Mac." It technically works what with the two founding members, but they're not exactly a high profile part of the band. Hardcore fans appreciated them, but sadly we're in the extreme minority.
-Brian
Old 11-05-2002, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually, "the average schmuck" most likely didn't even KNOW there WAS a "Fleetwood Mac" at that point...much less an incarnation to get upset about.
Old 11-06-2002, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
The Chain
You Make Loving Fun
Dreams
Oh, Well
All Along the Watchtower
The Bigger the Love
Blow By Blow
We Just Disagree
Gold Dust Woman
Only You Know and I Know
World Turning
Dear Mr. Fantasy
Say You Love Me
Don't Stop
(encores)
Go Your Own Way
Tear It Up
Imagine (yes, the John Lennon song...sung in a bluesy torch-ballad style by Bekka)
I saw the Konocti Harbor Spa & Resort show in late October, but I didn't get to hear "Dreams" or "Imagine" at my show!

Ah, well. I'll live.

I love that song of Billy's "The Bigger the Love, the Harder the Fall." I wouldn't mind hearing that more often ..... instead of GoldDustSoAfraidDreamsYourOwnWayYouLoveMe.
Old 11-06-2002, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I liked hearing "You Make Loving Fun" so early in the set...really seems (seemed) to fit in that slot really well.
Old 11-06-2002, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by thewhitewingedd
The first time I listened to TIME I was very surprised at how good it was...
Adam
I agree with u. Loads of people were saying how bad it was, so for some reason, I got it just to see why so many people hate it.
It was strange at first, because for some reason, I was expecting the album to be sh!t.