User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Sweet Jesus. It IS Queen. How can they ruin these songs? I can't even begin to count the ways.

OK, if Mandisa does "Fat Bottom Girls" she will forever be my hero & I will vote for her 100 times. Seriously.
Omigod, that would rock, "We make the rockin world go round!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17

Bye Mandisa! At least Jesus voted for you.
Oops, I should've read along further, I guess she won't be singing "Fat Bottom Girls" after all. After what Diss informed us of, well then good.

Hey, Mandissa, Jesus loves gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxxed
I was gonna comment on all this last night, but the show was so awful I couldn't bring myself to do so.

Just a few things, however:

1. Why do the judges blast singers covering well-known pop artists for "running the risk of comparison", yet it's perfectly OK for Pickle to sing "Fancy" exactly like Reba. Not as good as Reba, but she didn't "make the song her own" or anything even close.
Here's my theory on this one, because she is pretty in the classic "all American" blonde, skinny sense and that creates a bias. Unfortunately the judges aren't self-aware enough to overcome it, especially Simon. He's very biased when he finds a girl attractive. He loves the thin, sexy black women especially. Is it just me that's noticed this? He also has a pathological prejudice against overweight people.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Omigod, that would rock, "We make the rockin world go round!"

Oops, I should've read along further, I guess she won't be singing "Fat Bottom Girls" after all. After what Diss informed us of, well then good.

Hey, Mandissa, Jesus loves gays!

Here's my theory on this one, because she is pretty in the classic "all American" blonde, skinny sense and that creates a bias. Unfortunately the judges aren't self-aware enough to overcome it, especially Simon. He's very biased when he finds a girl attractive. He loves the thin, sexy black women especially. Is it just me that's noticed this? He also has a pathological prejudice against overweight people.
Oh that's very true. However, I think also that there are certain people they want to see go all the way, and more or less foster their rise (with perhaps a FEW criticisms along the way but nothing major) so that they receive more votes than the others. It's so contrived!
Old 04-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC
Ace is still there because he is cheesy cute, and a lot of people go for that. I am not one of them. He reminds me of Kip Winger- remember him? The whole "pretty boy" thing that I just don't like.

Omg, Kip Winger! That is hilarious. Yes! He does look a lot like him, yikes
Old 04-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I read in our morning paper how this critic says it was about time Mandisa was gone because the american public doesnt want to see fat people on a show like that, meaning only hotties like Kellie with good bodies should be on AI. I thought to myself "What about Ruben?" Reading on this critic said Ruben may have won, but his career has gone nowhere since then. I mean, are we THAT obsessed with how people look? I know I'm overweight, maybe I'll just find this guy and sit on him....
Old 04-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He reminds me of Kip Winger- remember him? The whole "pretty boy" thing that I just don't like.

"She's only seventeen
{seventeen}
her daddy says she's too young
but she's old enough for me!"

You just made me vomit, thanks Janet!
Old 04-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
I read in our morning paper how this critic says it was about time Mandisa was gone because the american public doesnt want to see fat people on a show like that, meaning only hotties like Kellie with good bodies should be on AI. I thought to myself "What about Ruben?" Reading on this critic said Ruben may have won, but his career has gone nowhere since then. I mean, are we THAT obsessed with how people look? I know I'm overweight, maybe I'll just find this guy and sit on him....

Yeah, I think most people really ARE that obsessed about how celebrities look. Weird, since the majority of the U.S. population is overweight or obese.

I personally don't think that was it, though. I really think she's just been picking bad songs lately, and she really hasn't blown me away since the first week or two. The whole in-your-face Jesus stuff may have turned some off as well.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was surprised, because I just can't figure out how Bucky is hanging in there. Mandisa did suck the Shania song, but she definitely deserved more time than some of the others.

Ace is still there because he is cheesy cute, and a lot of people go for that. I am not one of them. He reminds me of Kip Winger- remember him? The whole "pretty boy" thing that I just don't like.
WHat about the guy that was the lead singer of Cinderella?
Old 04-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
At least she made it this far. A fat white chick would have been kicked off the first week.

Old 04-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
WHat about the guy that was the lead singer of Cinderella?

Tom Keifer. Don't F with Cinderella David. They're one of the few "hair" bands that actually had some talent. Their more recent stuff is more blues oriented, and pretty good actually. They're great live.

Kip, though, go ahead & tear him up all you want. He's ick.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Tom Keifer. Don't F with Cinderella David. They're one of the few "hair" bands that actually had some talent. Their more recent stuff is more blues oriented, and pretty good actually. They're great live.

I liked that one song they did. I think it was called Dont Know What Youve Got Till It's Gone?
Old 04-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I wanted to ask you something else about what that guy saud Paula. I dont follow idol that closely, has Ruben's career really gone nowhere since his first release?
Old 04-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wanted to ask you something else about what that guy saud Paula. I dont follow idol that closely, has Ruben's career really gone nowhere since his first release?
Yeah, him and Fantasia got married and had a baby.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic
Yeah, him and Fantasia got married and had a baby.
Cmon! EVen a dummy likeme isnt falling for that one. Nice try though Teresa.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Cmon! EVen a dummy likeme isnt falling for that one. Nice try though Teresa.
Well, were the hell is Fantasia? It was just a guess

Old 04-06-2006, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A quick hair band story for all of you. About 5 years ago or so, my friend and I were eating at a downtown Minneapolis resturant and there was this guy sitting at the table next to us. I knew I recognized him, but I couldnt put a finger on it. Finally I figured it out, it was Steven Pearcy of Ratt. My one frined is a HUGE Ratt fan so after he was finished with his meal I politely asked him if I could have his autograph for my friend. He was very nice and did just that. My friend now has it hanging on his wall at home.