The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Which is your favorite from Tango deluxe?
Down Endless Street 4 11.76%
Special Kind of Love (demo) 2 5.88%
Seven Wonders (early version) 4 11.76%
Tango In The Night (demo) 4 11.76%
Mystified (alternate version) 1 2.94%
Book of Miracles (instrumental) 1 2.94%
Where We Belong (demo) 3 8.82%
Ricky 5 14.71%
Juliet (run-through) 5 14.71%
Isn't It Midnight (alternate mix) 5 14.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2019, 01:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I’ve always loved Mystified, I think it’s atmospheric & beautiful. I’ve never understood the hate this song generates. Although I suspect it’s rooted in the same reason why some don’t care for Carnival Begin: there’s only supposed to be one woman in Fleetwood Mac who is allowed to enter into the ethereal.
I'm not sure that's the case. I'm not a huge fan of Mystified and I love Carnival Begins. There's good aspects about the track- the guitar playing around the middle and end is super relaxing and Christine's singing on the verse with "The light that shines around you, it blinds my eyes" line is beautiful. The song is harder for me to get into though because the lyrics are kind of trite at the beginning and the music is just absolutely SACCHARINE, which is sort of a turn-off for me personally. There's zero edge. I get that it's the intention of the song to have that vibe but it's not to my taste unfortunately. That said, it has its place on the album and absolutely contributes to that twinkly, ethereal feeling the whole thing has.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)

Last edited by Netter75; 01-20-2019 at 01:47 PM..
Old 01-20-2019, 03:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Am I the only one who likes all the b sides better then what's on the album?

Ricky
You and I part 1 and 2
Special Kind of Love
Where We belong
Down Endless Street

SO GOOD.
I would have added the following to the songs I mentioned and you would have a great album. No Stevie needed here.
Big Love
Everywhere
Little Lies
Mystified (I know people don't like it, but I love it)
Isn't It Midnight
Tango in the Night
Sign me up with Ricky, too! I would have worn this cassette out on my prized Walkman (as my 7 year old self did with the real album). Skipped Stevie's two duds on Side 2 most of the time... so "yes, please" to the above track listing (and I personally love Caroline so I'll keep it, too, please and Family Man too while we're at it, haha)
Old 01-20-2019, 07:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
Sign me up with Ricky, too! I would have worn this cassette out on my prized Walkman (as my 7 year old self did with the real album). Skipped Stevie's two duds on Side 2 most of the time... so "yes, please" to the above track listing (and I personally love Caroline so I'll keep it, too, please and Family Man too while we're at it, haha)
I also love Caroline. I'm glad there's at least two of us out there

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 01-20-2019, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRaccoon View Post
I wish they had included Christine's version of "Can't Help Falling in Love" which is supposedly what kickstarted the Tango sessions. It's basically a Fleetwood Mac track. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnt8_AsW_bQ
I agree. This song should have been included on the Tango box set.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:30 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Haha! Man I love it SO MUCH.

Glad I'm not alone!

Also: I'm surprised I'm the only one to vote for Where We Belong. I hear those keys and Lindsey's voice and it's so so so good... chills!
Old 01-22-2019, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Another vote for "Ricky" here!

"You & I Pt. 1-2" is a close second though.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:43 PM

Juliet (i love book of miracles) makes me want to smash things...

that vocal is soooooo bad.. My god!
Old 01-22-2019, 08:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Juliet (i love book of miracles) makes me want to smash things...

that vocal is soooooo bad.. My god!
"I THOUGHT THAT WAS WONDERFUL- I AM SOOO SMART"

Old 01-22-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
I love love love Caroline. It sparkles.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What I would have liked in the Deluxe version is the version of You and I Part II where Christine takes the lead vocals. This is the best version, by far, imo.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
What I would have liked in the Deluxe version is the version of You and I Part II where Christine takes the lead vocals. This is the best version, by far, imo.

Yes, that would have been nice to have included that also on the set.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Big Love demo - i'm sure it's been posted somewhere here before, but just in case it was not -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-21-2019, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Of course I would vote for You & I (Parts I & II)!! But the vote on the poll goes to Book Of Miracles.
Even when I'm not a big fan of the Part II, the conection between both parts makes me hear that one too. I simply love Part I!!
Old 03-23-2019, 04:10 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
My ideal world: You and I Part 1 was included on the album with Lindsey's vocals and You and I Part 2 was also included with Chris on the verses and Chris/Lindsey on the chorus.

Old 03-23-2019, 05:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Big Love demo - i'm sure it's been posted somewhere here before, but just in case it was not -

0:34
Lindsey looking out the car window in the back seat when he spots Mick buying coke in his driveway