Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-04-2014, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Is anybody going to this? I am!

Old 04-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

SN is being a terrific soldier for FM right now. She may not be in the studio, but she's out there selling "Show.." tickets. Us diehards want a new FM record, FM want every $200+ ticket committed to before they hit the road. I reckon they're very happy she's out and about, talking to press, singing on TV, and not in the studio.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I bet poor Linda is hurting with her bank account.

She cant tour and record.

It would be a great idea to get her music library a good sake and have her music re-released to help her out.Her record royalties probably almost nothing after everybody else get their cut.

This makes me so upset.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-07-2014, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post

It would be a great idea to get her music library a good sake and have her music re-released to help her out.Her record royalties probably almost nothing after everybody else get their cut.

This makes me so upset.

It's heartbreaking. Linda's new album DUETS was just released and and worth getting if you are a fan of her voice:

Old 04-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDan View Post
SN is being a terrific soldier for FM right now. She may not be in the studio, but she's out there selling "Show.." tickets. Us diehards want a new FM record, FM want every $200+ ticket committed to before they hit the road. I reckon they're very happy she's out and about, talking to press, singing on TV, and not in the studio.
Yes she is!!! And there are fans complaining that Stevie is not supporting FM right now...Stevie may or may not be in the studio with the band (and do we even know FM is still recording?) but she is doing one hell of a job promoting them...
Old 04-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
It's heartbreaking. Linda's new album DUETS was just released and and worth getting if you are a fan of her voice:

thanks.I got to check it out.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

This makes me so upset.
That's an assumption...I don't think I've heard many stories of her living a wild & crazy life and it sounds like she may have slowed down and led a more normal life around the time of "Trio" and the broad way thing...If she didn't live an overly extravagant lifestyle maybe she was smart enough to invest her money wisely and if so she may be financially sound...
Old 04-07-2014, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
That's an assumption...I don't think I've heard many stories of her living a wild & crazy life and it sounds like she may have slowed down and led a more normal life around the time of "Trio" and the broad way thing...If she didn't live an overly extravagant lifestyle maybe she was smart enough to invest her money wisely and if so she may be financially sound...
OK.I agree.It really upsets me when I read or hear about these older actors/actresses and musicians living in troubled times later in their age.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OK.I feel so upset about whats happening with her.I wish she could just be in the audience watching everybody.Its so sad.
Maybe it's best she not attend...A while back I saw Muhammad Ali on TV while attending some event...Ali has Parkinson's as well... He didn't look well and it was just sad seeing him just sitting there...I don't know how advanced Linda's Parkinson's is and it could be she doesn't want people seeing her like that...
Old 04-07-2014, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OK.I agree.It really upsets me when I read or hear about these older actors/actresses and musicians living in troubled times later in their age.
This is why Don Henley and a group of other musicians are fighting for copyright laws to be changed....Basically record companies would no longer have the rights to an artists songs/albums FOREVER...After 35 years (I think) artists would get their songs back...It sounds quite involved but if you want to know more just google it...
Old 04-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is why Don Henley and a group of other musicians are fighting for copyright laws to be changed....Basically record companies would no longer have the rights to an artists songs/albums FOREVER...After 35 years (I think) artists would get their songs back...It sounds quite involved but if you want to know more just google it...
Yes thats right.Its sad that you write a tune and it drops off after so many years.
I feel for Stevie,Lindsey and Chris as they fall into the same dept on song writing.

Linda did mostly covers. but what she did write she would get covered.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe it's best she not attend...A while back I saw Muhammad Ali on TV while attending some event...Ali has Parkinson's as well... He didn't look well and it was just sad seeing him just sitting there...I don't know how advanced Linda's Parkinson's is and it could be she doesn't want people seeing her like that...
OK you are right.I agree with her on that.I'm proud of whats Michael J. Fox is doing for Parkinson's.He is right out there fighting for all that suffer with it.

Casey Kasem of American Top 40 and Scoobie Doo fame has Parkinson's too.He is in bad shape the media said.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes thats right.Its sad that you write a tune and it drops off after so many years.
I feel for Stevie,Lindsey and Chris as they fall into the same dept on song writing.

Linda did mostly covers. but what she did write she would get covered.
No the artist would get the album itself back from the record company and have full ownership...They would then be able to shop the album around for whatever deal they wanted...Can you imagine if FM decides they want TUSK back from WB...

Stevie and Lindsey (especially Stevie) probably make out quite well from song writing royalties. Seeing as how Christine sold all her songs I don't know if she still gets royalties...
Old 04-07-2014, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A rather good article about Linda, her parkinson's trials and tribulations, and induction into the RRHOF.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...album/7057825/

For starters, traveling is difficult because the most comfortable position for her these days is either lying down flat or sitting in an overstuffed chair with an ottoman, as she is today in her neatly appointed house on the western edge of town. It looks like the home of a retired schoolteacher — tidy and bright — not a music legend.

"To go anywhere, to fly anywhere, even to drive down to San Jose (an hour south) is a big deal," she says, adding that at this stage Parkinson's causes her to tire quickly if she overexerts herself. "I have to make sure there's a place like this, to lie down. Or I have to take a wheelchair, but I can't last that long in a wheelchair."
Old 04-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Is there going to be a red carpet for this and, if so, do you guys think Stevie will walk it?