User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post
When I was gettin my guitar signed in Dublin at the FM Concert I asked would he ever ever come to Europe on a solo, and the answer was an absolutle and definate "No" absolutely "No Chance". It was all too small of an affair to take to Eurpoe and there was much to much red tape. whatever that means.
To me, the fact that his band is so small should make it easier to go to Europe, cheaper, not harder. I wonder why Mick got to go and Lindsey couldn't. I guess Mick has sponsors to carry the costs and Lindsey must not.

Michele
Old 11-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
To me, the fact that his band is so small should make it easier to go to Europe, cheaper, not harder. I wonder why Mick got to go and Lindsey couldn't. I guess Mick has sponsors to carry the costs and Lindsey must not.

Michele
It would be more important for Mick or John to tour here since they started out in the UK and its sort of like a visit home for them when they tour. Lindsey on the other hand has no reason to come to Europe. None that I can think of anyway....OH WAIT, YEAH THATS RIGHT HIS FANS.

Theres no harm in keeping the fingers crossed, but its just wishful thinking.
And someday I would love to eat these words. Aint gonna happen though.

Please tour in Eurpoe UK and Ireland Next year Lindsey.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm fron NY, but just tour Europe already! Make those fans happy!

You can add me on Facebook
Old 11-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It would be more important for Mick or John to tour here since they started out in the UK and its sort of like a visit home for them when they tour. Lindsey on the other hand has no reason to come to Europe. None that I can think of anyway....OH WAIT, YEAH THATS RIGHT HIS FANS.

Theres no harm in keeping the fingers crossed, but its just wishful thinking.
And someday I would love to eat these words. Aint gonna happen though.

Please tour in Eurpoe UK and Ireland Next year Lindsey.
I could have sworn there was an interview from the Unleashed era in which Lindsey described London as being one of his favorite cities. I have no doubt in my mind that Lindsey would love to tour Europe. However, it is ultimately up to the promoters/nightclubs that would be willing to gamble on a healthy return for them. I suppose there are plenty of nightclubs that would love to host Lindsey, but I suspect that at this point in his life Lindsey probably feels that it's beneath him to do the club circuit, especially considering his huge following as a member of FM. He is older and has young children. Is it really worth traveling so far away from home just to make (or lose) a few Euros to promote an album that nobody there is going to buy anyway? I would be interested to know what his solo album sales are like in the Euro zone. I suspect we are probably talking about under 10,000 copies overall. Plus, as a U.S. citizen, he probably gets killed by taxes for working abroad.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
However, it is ultimately up to the promoters/nightclubs that would be willing to gamble on a healthy return for them.
Sad but true.

Quote:
I suppose there are plenty of nightclubs that would love to host Lindsey, but I suspect that at this point in his life Lindsey probably feels that it's beneath him to do the club circuit, especially considering his huge following as a member of FM.
I don't get that impression at all. He seems perfectly happy to play to small venues as a solo artists when he's used to enormous stadium venues with the Mac. He also comes across as very humble and down-to-earth when he speaks to his fans.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
I don't get that impression at all. He seems perfectly happy to play to small venues as a solo artists when he's used to enormous stadium venues with the Mac. He also comes across as very humble and down-to-earth when he speaks to his fans.
There is no denying that Lindsey plays small venues as a solo act. But they tend to be theatres with actual stages, seats and balconies. Accordingly the sound is better, the dressing rooms are nicer, etc. Nightclubs are invariably rat-infested basement dives with tiny stages, bad sound, filthy restrooms and reek of booze and vomit. He's no longer an aspirational solo artist. He has already accepted the fact that his solo work will never become hugely successful, so he is probably no longer willing to perform the drudgery typically carried on by new artists trying to hit the big time. He wants to play his music but he also wants to have fun and maintain an air of dignity while he is doing it.

Regarding the humble act... I'm not buying it for a minute. Yeah, he gets along well with his fans, but behind the scenes I'm sure he is every bit the haughty, insufferable diva that Stevie is purported to be. All one needs to see is the Destiny Rules documentary for evidence of this!
Old 11-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Of course Lindsey should come to Britain at least. There is a massive range of excellent smaller venues UK wide he could play. If the promotion was done right and the price was good there would no problem in filling these places out - it would be such good PR for his album over here, it's Lindsey we are talking about, he is amazing !!
Old 11-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Can't we bombard his management or the record company with emails in the hope that they might see how serious we all are? I remember seeing that Timothy B Schimdt did a solo tour over here last year, now i realise he may be a big deal with the eagles but solo in the UK? i'm sure if he can fill a venue so can Lindsey!
Old 11-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There is no denying that Lindsey plays small venues as a solo act. But they tend to be theatres with actual stages, seats and balconies. Accordingly the sound is better, the dressing rooms are nicer, etc. Nightclubs are invariably rat-infested basement dives with tiny stages, bad sound, filthy restrooms and reek of booze and vomit. He's no longer an aspirational solo artist. He has already accepted the fact that his solo work will never become hugely successful, so he is probably no longer willing to perform the drudgery typically carried on by new artists trying to hit the big time. He wants to play his music but he also wants to have fun and maintain an air of dignity while he is doing it.

Regarding the humble act... I'm not buying it for a minute. Yeah, he gets along well with his fans, but behind the scenes I'm sure he is every bit the haughty, insufferable diva that Stevie is purported to be. All one needs to see is the Destiny Rules documentary for evidence of this!
I think you're right that he likes the acoustics in those theatres, and he is also really into architecture, so I'm sure that's a plus, BUT some of my favorite bootleg recordings of his from UTS ( and GOS ) tour are definitely not in theatres...recordings from Milwaukee and Philly both have very rowdy audiences, in tight quarters, and Lindsey was clearly enjoying it
Old 11-17-2010, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Regarding the humble act... I'm not buying it for a minute.
No, I don't think he's humble. When he holds or pats his heart and looks like he's so grateful for the applause, I know he's just hamming it up. However, I can't think of anything for him to be humble about, so it works for me.

He did play some lesser venues during the OOTC tour and I really think the bad experience scarred him about touring solo. I think he was actually surprised at how gratifying UTS was, based on his past.

With OOTC he had people eating, drinking, talking and paying little attention to him, except to heckle a "Where's Stevie," now and then. It's based on what happened then that I think he became more picky about where he would play 15 years later.

Michele
Old 11-17-2010, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
No, I don't think he's humble. When he holds or pats his heart and looks like he's so grateful for the applause, I know he's just hamming it up. However, I can't think of anything for him to be humble about, so it works for me.

He did play some lesser venues during the OOTC tour and I really think the bad experience scarred him about touring solo. I think he was actually surprised at how gratifying UTS was, based on his past.

With OOTC he had people eating, drinking, talking and paying little attention to him, except to heckle a "Where's Stevie," now and then. It's based on what happened then that I think he became more picky about where he would play 15 years later.

Michele
Yeah, I saw Lindsey on the OOTC tour... in a little club in Washington, DC (where, BTW, I believe I recorded the bootleg for this show that is in circulation [I still have the original DAT cartridge somewhere...]). It was a very rowdy, very enthusiastic crowd. But it was also a much younger, rowdier Lindsey! And he had 6 - 7 guitarists, two drummers... it was a crazy setup on this tiny little stage. And tickets were, like, $22 or something like that? He had to have lost some crazy coinage on that trek. I could see how that could have soured him on the nightclubs! Sixteen years later he traveled around the country in a mini-van with two musicians while playing theatres exclusively. Go figure!
Old 05-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think we may have to bump this thread, Lindsey needs to hear us once Again.

Lindsey could easily do a gig in Dublin and Belfast and could probably do 3 in the UK to

PLEASE COME TO EUROPE LINDSEY !!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think we may have to bump this thread, Lindsey needs to hear us once Again.

Lindsey could easily do a gig in Dublin and Belfast and could probably do 3 in the UK to

PLEASE COME TO EUROPE LINDSEY !!!!
I just started a thread re. this - please add your pleas to it!
Old 05-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey, you said to me in Ridgefield in 2008 that touring solo in Europe would be very expensive. But the recent Rumours-sales-boost should be used for visiting us. And Jools Holland.

Amsterdam dude. I'll be there.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Lindsey, you said to me in Ridgefield in 2008 that touring solo in Europe would be very expensive. But the recent Rumours-sales-boost should be used for visiting us. And Jools Holland.

Amsterdam dude. I'll be there.
Maybe it's just me taking things to heart, but maybe he just thinks he's better than Europe. He doesn't think we're worth the money when it's our money that's providing a vast chunk of his revenue. "Yeah. I'll have your money but I won't go out of my way for you. You spend more of your money to get to me and fill my pocket". Smooth, Lindsey. Really smooth.