Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-15-2018, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Honestly, what band member has put more hard work into the band than Lindsey? I don't doubt he could make things hell, especially back in the day, but really, he did SO much for the band, whether he liked it or not. He doesn't deserve this.
That's what really gets me. He's worked much harder than anyone else in recent years and this is the thanks he gets?

Let's compare the amount of effort he and Stevie put into the EP. Well. There really is no comparison, is there?

But all that means nothing.

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-15-2018 at 12:33 PM..
Old 04-15-2018, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This article names no sources. I find it strange they apparently know more about what happened than Variety, Rolling Stone, and TMZ.

Old 04-15-2018, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
That's what really gets me. He's worked much harder than anyone else in recent years and this is the thanks he gets?

Let's compare the amount of effort he and Stevie put into the EP. Well. There really is no comparison, is there?

But all that means nothing.
No, it means nothing because when they had to choose between Lindsey's solo tour and Stevie's, they of course chose her. They couldn't care less about his work and his legacy. He has already done his work with the band.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This article names no sources. I find it strange they apparently know more about what happened than Variety, Rolling Stone, and TMZ.
Well, Rolling Stones's initial article said he quit the band, and they later changed the title. It's entirely posible somone with more interest in Lindsey's career knows more than Rolling Stones.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-15-2018, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yup. you don't think it was total surprise to him?

i would think he (like the rest of them for that matter), has got a contract and probably owns a part of FM corporation, and can't really even be fired. which must have been a big frustration to other band members, once they talked to the lawyers and figured that out after telling him that they ousted him.
Well, someone told me recently he can be fired, and of course he can't if he's owns a part of FM corporation. This is not a regular 9 to 5 job, for God's sake!

I'm seriously laughing for a week if they fired him before talking to the lawyers.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Well, Rolling Stones's initial article said he quit the band, and they later changed the title. It's entirely posible somone with more interest in Lindsey's career knows more than Rolling Stones.
True, but the lack of sources is still suspect and the publication lacks established prestige. I have just learned to be wary.

Old 04-15-2018, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainmen...sical-marriage

If you scroll thru the comments there's a longer one where someone describes seeing Mick at a Neil Finn event on Jan 5th. This person speculates something was in the works at that time. (Not sure which thread to put this in)
Old 04-15-2018, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here it is:

So I saw Neil and Liam Finn at the Coronation Hall in Waipu on Jan 5th this year.... (tail end of the 1st cyclone of the New Year)..... go camping there every New Years and when we saw this tour of small country town halls we were like "Hell yes!!". Only dabbled into 4 songs of SE and CH fame.... rest was new stuff and brilliantly played! (Well done Neil/Liam/Elroy/ Sharon and band!!)

Trundled along with some friends... happy to be inside a structure after tenting for two days of wet and wind! Watching the show as above - stunning sound and the comic banter of old CH was in effect...... go to the bar to get a wine...... and standing in a less lit area of the hall..... was Mick "I tower over everyone here by a mile" Fleetwood!!! Being a drummer myself the temptation to go and pester him was pretty high (like him) but took that moment to check ones self and leave him alone.

Obviously plans were afoot sometime ago.... so well done to both the Finn Clan and indeed for the Mac and Mike Campbell. I'm glad he is in the mix too.... given there is a connection from Damn the Torpedo's era and the producer that bought Nicks and Petty together (Jimmy Iovine). Seems nicely full circle
Old 04-15-2018, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainmen...sical-marriage

If you scroll thru the comments there's a longer one where someone describes seeing Mick at a Neil Finn event on Jan 5th. This person speculates something was in the works at that time. (Not sure which thread to put this in)
Yes, and again also Mike Campbell was approached before to be "felt out" about how he'd react. Of course he was approached with the truth: that Lindsey was gonna be fired.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, and again also Mike Campbell was approached before to be "felt out" about how he'd react. Of course he was approached with the truth: that Lindsey was gonna be fired.
That's awful. It's one thing to be told "he left, we'd like you to fill in" but if Mike knew they were going to fire him....WoW.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:38 PM
Registered

Quote:

I'm seriously laughing for a week if they fired him before talking to the lawyers.
This is the doing of Mick Fleetwood, so I'm almost certain this is what happened
Old 04-15-2018, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

If it's true that they knew for sure that far ahead of time they were going to fire him, why say the kind of things they did at Musicares? Why would they bother having even one day of rehearsal with him? Why would they bother announcing that Sirius station that got yanked at the last minute?

More likely those guys were an alternate plan and they hoped to work something out with Lindsey. Again, Mick must have known it would be best to keep the Rumours 5 together.

Still, I believe what button-lip's sources tell her regarding Lindsey backing down, because you don't use the word "fired" when you were offered a chance to stay if you cooperated and you chose not to.

Thus, the reconciliation of the narratives for me is that the alternate plan became the primary plan at the last minute for personal reasons, since business-wise, they should have let Lindsey stay after he backed down.

Sadly, unlike apparently half the people who post here, I have no "insider sources" or "friends who know people" that are giving me information. Just reasoning it out.

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-15-2018 at 01:59 PM..
Old 04-15-2018, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The writer of this article knows Stevie. How well she knows her I'm not sure, but I assume it has something to do with her working for the magazine, she's spoken with her. I think she has connections in regards to the music industry in general. I remember I saw some of her tweets a long time ago and she had a personal note from Stevie.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe I missed something, but I don't see where this had more information. The conversation that Elle posted with Rick Turner was the most information we've had actually. This article just goes over the band history and what ended up happening. It's like a summary with a tiny bit of opinion added in.

Jamie
Old 04-15-2018, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i thought Rolling Stone's article said he was fired from the beginning?

definitely from the first time i saw it.

Variety at first said he left, then they issues a correction, said they checked with the Rolling Stone, and that he was actually fired.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"