User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
So I left a comment on his daughters Instagram page to show support. She posted a message about it. I said the fans are upset and we know Stevie was behind it. SHE LIKED my comment. I think that confirms it for me.
To be fair, it seems reasonable to believe that she liked it simply because you were sending a message of support for her father. Now if she had REPLIED to you with a "yep, I was in the room and heard it all, Stevie said 'you're fired you big jerk!'" then maybe that would "confirm" it. There have been a lot of folks passing judgement based on very scant information. I will be interested to hear some hard facts about what happened in that room that hopefully will come out eventually.

Last edited by Feather Blade; 04-12-2018 at 12:30 PM..
Old 04-12-2018, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
To be fair, it seems reasonable to believe that she liked it simply because you were sending a message of support for her father. Now if she had REPLIED to you with a "yep, I was in the room and heard it all, Stevie said 'you're fired you big jerk!'" then maybe that would "confirm" it. There have been a lot of folks passing judgement based on very scant information. I will be interested to hear some hard facts about what happened in that room that hopefully will come out eventually.
She liked every comment bashing Stevie. Even her RL bashed her and she told her friend: "I love you". There's dissapointment in the Buckingham family and it's because of Stevie and Mick.
What, you think Lindsey is gonna tell his family a different story of what really happened? Why would he lie? And of course Leelee can't tell it.

Hard facts? When fights among band members really come out? Never.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Exactly. By that same reasoning, if she hadn't 'liked' the comment, then would that would have meant she disagreed with his show of support? Of course not.
She's his daughter- good for her for showing her support for him. I wouldn't expect anything less. In fact, even if Lindsey is somehow, 100% at fault and deserved to be fired, I would expect his daughter to show her support for him. You really think she would say "I love my dad, but FM was right to fire him because he was acting like a jerk?"
Old 04-12-2018, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Exactly. By that same reasoning, if she hadn't 'liked' the comment, then would that would have meant she disagreed with his show of support? Of course not.
She's his daughter- good for her for showing her support for him. I wouldn't expect anything less. In fact, even if Lindsey is somehow, 100% at fault and deserved to be fired, I would expect his daughter to show her support for him. You really think she would say "I love my dad, but FM was right to fire him because he was acting like a jerk?"
I made two other comments and no likes. She specifically liked the comment where I blamed Tambourine lady. I normally would not post on his kids site but I was trying to get info. Plus she's pretty much an adult now who put it out there herself.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We don't know what happened and it's unfair to blame Stevie. It looked like his daughter was liking every post that expressed support for Lindsey. She has posted sweet things about Stevie in the past, but I would expect her to mirror whatever sentiment her father feels towards any bandmember at the moment. Is anyone posting nasty comments about Christine disguised as support for Lindsey and getting likes? No, because the target of everyone's vitriol is Stevie.

I don't understand why people think Stevie has some incentive to get rid of Lindsey. Even if you hate her and think she's greedy, how is she supposed to do Silver Springs without Lindsey standing there? She'll have to change her whole Gypsy story, forego the Sara interaction, the Landslide interaction, etc.

Her entire Fleetwood Mac narrative revolves around her relationship with Lindsey so even if you believe it's just that - a narrative - why would you think she'd want him gone? She would even make more money if he was there! The "classic" Fleetwood Mac lineup will sell more, and higher priced, tickets than the current lineup.

The entire band will have to work harder to sell this. They won't be able to glide through the same old motions, which is the "cash cow" mentality. To think that anyone in the band wanted this is ludicrous.

Last edited by lilyfee; 04-12-2018 at 02:16 PM..
Old 04-12-2018, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
Her entire Fleetwood Mac narrative revolves around her relationship with Lindsey so even if you believe it's just that - a narrative - why would you think she'd want him gone? She would even make more money if he was there! The "classic" Fleetwood Mac lineup will sell more, and higher priced, tickets than the current lineup.

But I bet she'll get a higher cut now so overall she'll probably be better off.
I cant see Neil and Mike combined getting close to what Lindsey would have received as a share.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-12-2018, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We don't know what happened and it's unfair to blame Stevie. It looked like his daughter was liking every post that expressed support for Lindsey. She has posted sweet things about Stevie in the past, but I would expect her to mirror whatever sentiment her father feels towards any bandmember at the moment. Is anyone posting nasty comments about Christine disguised as support for Lindsey and getting likes? No, because the target of everyone's vitriol is Stevie.

I don't understand why people think Stevie has some incentive to get rid of Lindsey. Even if you hate her and think she's greedy, how is she supposed to do Silver Springs without Lindsey standing there? She'll have to change her whole Gypsy story, forego the Sara interaction, the Landslide interaction, etc.

The entire band will have to work harder to sell this. They won't be able to glide through the same old motions, which is the "cash cow" mentality. To think that anyone in the band wanted this is ludicrous.
I've been thinking about this. So many of the songs are about each other, sung to each other. The songs are awesome but what makes them killer is the people they are about are right there on the stage together--this takes it up a notch. How do they play these songs now or introduce them--esp when everyone knows the back story of every song!
Old 04-12-2018, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

lilyfree, you're my new hero!
Old 04-12-2018, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
lilyfree, you're my new hero!

I appreciate both of you for being rare voices of reason right now. Good grief, things have devolved so rapidly into such drama around here. I keep coming back to these threads to see if anyone came across any real facts and have to keep wading through page after page of name-calling, crying and hair-pulling.
How can people ask why the band couldn't be adults and work things out when clearly their own fans are at each other's throats over a bunch of rumor and speculation? We have very little REAL information to go on so far. Also, as someone pointed out, no one died! All parties concerned are free to continue to play and record at will. Can we please remember that this band has been through so many incarnations already and if fans of the various versions threw up their hands and refused to give the succeeding line-ups a chance they would have missed out on a lot of good music along the way. Whatever happens in Fleetwood Mac land, the sun will still rise tomorrow.

Last edited by Feather Blade; 04-12-2018 at 03:35 PM..
Old 04-12-2018, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey's daughter isn't a child. She's about 18 now isn't she? She probably knows a whole hell of a lot more about the facts of what really happened than anyone on here does. So if whatever that is results in her wanting to "like" comments that say negative things about Stevie or other members than she has all the right to do that.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Under your logic, he should have never got fired in the first place, because Stevie would have stood up for him against Mick. And Christine. Not so sure about John.

Point is Mick would have been outnumbered. But that didn't happen. And he was fired.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:05 PM
Ledgie

Quote:

Yup. That's what I was thinking. I know I tired of their scripted interactions long before she did. I mean, *I* was thinking "It's OK kids, I know you can't stand each other; stop pretending," but the planned interactions with Lindsey have been her whole shtick since The Dance. I mean, it's entirely possible she got to the point where she decided she's nearly 70 years old and she doesn't want to spend another minute of the time she has left in a room with Lindsey...but without any actual reported facts, I can't get behind "Stevie said 'It's him or me'" as being absolutely what happened. I mean, she's going to have to revamp half of what she does during a show!
Old 04-12-2018, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
I mean, it's entirely possible she got to the point where she decided she's nearly 70 years old and she doesn't want to spend another minute of the time she has left in a room with Lindsey
Yeah, if she did issue that ultimatum I can see this playing into it. Her peers are dropping like flies. Prince, Glenn, and now Tom who she was especially close with. I’m sure the clock ticking is on her mind a lot these days and I can see her deciding she didn’t want to spend her twilight years with somebody that makes her miserable.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Yeah, if she did issue that ultimatum I can see this playing into it. Her peers are dropping like flies. Prince, Glenn, and now Tom who she was especially close with. I’m sure the clock ticking is on her mind a lot these days and I can see her deciding she didn’t want to spend her twilight years with somebody that makes her miserable.
Yet someone who is completely interwoven into the entire fabric of her career. We are about to see just how good an actress she really is. (and by the way, I am not a Stevie hater)
Old 04-12-2018, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Yet someone who is completely interwoven into the entire fabric of her career. We are about to see just how good an actress she really is. (and by the way, I am not a Stevie hater)
Your point is valid but none of us know how they treat one another behind the scenes. I know plenty of people who have cut off their own parents or children. If somebody is toxic, knowing them your whole life doesn’t change that.
(And i’m not blaming LB or saying he’s the toxic one. I don’t think either of them are fully to blame. They just are toxic together and it seems to have gone too far to fix now.)
I also think it’s kind of selfish of us to insist they continue working together if they hate it. They’re not dancing monkeys, they’re real people with real lives and feelings. We’re just a bunch of people who like their music. We don’t know them and they don’t owe us anything. Music shouldn’t come before mental health. These things happen. It happened with Sonny & Cher, Ike & Tina, George & Tammy, etc. If S&L can’t be around one another, that’s their business and I respect it and am still excited for whatever music will come from them both separately. (I do however understand why people are mad that they’re continuing the band w/o LB rather than breaking it up.)