User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
And Lindsey turned down Tom's offer because he truly loved his FM family. That's what makes all this goddamn mess harder to deal with.

Since Monday I have been wondering what Tom's reaction would have been to his friend's firing.
That was during the time when Lindsey wasn't with Fleetwood Mac so I doubt that was the reason behind it. He probably just didn't want to join another band.

I think it's interesting that Lindsey never mentioned that however. Tom Petty likes you enough to try and get you to be the frontman of his famous band and you never publicly mention this?
Old 04-12-2018, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
That was during the time when Lindsey wasn't with Fleetwood Mac so I doubt that was the reason behind it. He probably just didn't want to join another band.

I think it's interesting that Lindsey never mentioned that however. Tom Petty likes you enough to try and get you to be the frontman of his famous band and you never publicly mention this?
because he's classy.

despite how people want to portray him.

or he was so high that he doesn't even remember.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-12-2018, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
because he's classy.

despite how people want to portray him.

or he was so high that he doesn't even remember.
I love this comment!!!!!! And yet we had to listen to Stevie, endlessly talk about how she was an honorary Heartbreaker, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I am beyond furious over this whole, ridiculous, stupid decision. They are idiots. And I truly am disappointed in Christine......she's the only one I thought had the balls/brains to not let something like this happen. Or at least make her own statement. Now she's just as bad as the rest of them.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Honestly, it's a step down for him. Fleetwood Mac with Lindsey is a great band. Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey is not. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers is the greatest band ever, IMO. I'm surprised he didn't wait longer and do some projects honoring Tom and his legacy. Just seems too soon to jump into another band already.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 04-12-2018, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP View Post
Honestly, it's a step down for him. Fleetwood Mac with Lindsey is a great band. Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey is not. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers is the greatest band ever, IMO. I'm surprised he didn't wait longer and do some projects honoring Tom and his legacy. Just seems too soon to jump into another band already.
I really think that Stevie talked him into it and that could have been even before Lindsey was given his walking papers. If he agreed to it then it would have encouraged Stevie to really want to get rid of him. The thought of performing with an old friend and musical collaborator who is also a world class guitarist that she had no negative baggage with as opposed to one that she had an ocean liner full. Easy choice really.

Old 04-12-2018, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I love this comment!!!!!! And yet we had to listen to Stevie, endlessly talk about how she was an honorary Heartbreaker, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I am beyond furious over this whole, ridiculous, stupid decision. They are idiots. And I truly am disappointed in Christine......she's the only one I thought had the balls/brains to not let something like this happen. Or at least make her own statement. Now she's just as bad as the rest of them.
YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Christine is the one who has broken my heart. Everyone knows that Stevie and Mick are both dumb as a bag of hammers. John just goes with whatever. Chris is THE ONE who could have saved the day.....YET she just laid there and let the rape happen. She COULD HAVE stopped it. But she didn't. My lifelong fandom is f*cked. She IS as bad as the rest of them.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 04-12-2018 at 11:54 PM..
Old 04-13-2018, 04:26 AM
Registered

I find it drily amusing that Tom Petty would offer a spot on the Heartbreakers to Lindsey, when Stevie has for decades tried to wrangle an invitation and all but beg to be admitted to the band. It would probably have been better off for FM if Tom had taken her in. Then the icon would find another band to create dysfunction in, and she would go down in rock history as the woman who has broken up the most bands.

Last edited by NotonRodeo; 04-13-2018 at 04:29 AM..
Old 04-13-2018, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Where did you hear this? I've never heard this before. I find it surprising that he would offer a spot to Lindsey it was always pretty clear Tom was the leader of the band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
I find it drily amusing that Tom Petty would offer a spot on the Heartbreakers to Lindsey, when Stevie has for decades tried to wrangle an invitation and all but beg to be admitted to the band. It would probably have been better off for FM if Tom had taken her in. Then the icon would find another band to create dysfunction in, and she would go down in rock history as the woman who has broken up the most bands.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 04-13-2018, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Oh now she's Yoko?
Old 04-13-2018, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Where did you hear this? I've never heard this before. I find it surprising that he would offer a spot to Lindsey it was always pretty clear Tom was the leader of the band.
Yeah, I'm wondering that too. News to me.
Old 04-13-2018, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I really think that Stevie talked him into it and that could have been even before Lindsey was given his walking papers. If he agreed to it then it would have encouraged Stevie to really want to get rid of him. The thought of performing with an old friend and musical collaborator who is also a world class guitarist that she had no negative baggage with as opposed to one that she had an ocean liner full. Easy choice really.
Easy choice. And even Heartbreakers' fans think she means trouble.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
see now THIS is where a more legitimate claim of misogyny could be made.... Tom's constantly stated reason, ONLY reason for not having Stevie in the Heartbreakers was, and i quote, "There are NO GIRLS in the Heartbreakers, Stevie"

I have no idea if LB was legit asked or not. But he had the requisite equipment for consideration anyway.

Where are all those people screaming misogyny, and why aren't they pointing the finger at Tom and the rest of the Heartbreakers??
Old 04-13-2018, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
see now THIS is where a more legitimate claim of misogyny could be made.... Tom's constantly stated reason, ONLY reason for not having Stevie in the Heartbreakers was, and i quote, "There are NO GIRLS in the Heartbreakers, Stevie"

I have no idea if LB was legit asked or not. But he had the requisite equipment for consideration anyway.

Where are all those people screaming misogyny, and why aren't they pointing the finger at Tom and the rest of the Heartbreakers??
This is HORRIFYING!!! I'm burning my Tom Petty CDs!
Old 04-13-2018, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.men...-20151020/amp/

In this interview, when he talks about the song he did with Lindsey for that movie.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.men...-20151020/amp/

In this interview, when he talks about the song he did with Lindsey for that movie.
Thanks for posting this. I was talking with a coworker about Lindsey possibly joining Tom Petty's band but I didn't have time to look for anything online.

Now I can show her the proof on Monday Morning!