The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:14 PM
Ledgie

I'm so glad I saw them on the two occasions I did, 1980 Tusk tour and 2015. Why would anyone be interested in seeing a line up with 2 new members at this stage in their career. I wish they'd have just retired with dignity and kept their legacy intact. Personally, for me Fleetwood Mac ended with that great 2015 tour. That would have been a fitting end. The new album we all hoped for should have happened too (thanks Stevie!), but now this news seems very sad for the fans who have followed them for 40 years or so. I wish they'd all see sense and bow out gracefully!
Old 04-12-2018, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
I personally was rather shocked to find out on Twitter that this news has been circulating in the FM community for that long. If it's two months that means the blow up must then have happened at MusiCares or soon after.
His daughter who WAS there was posting glowing things on Instagram about Stevie the day after Musicares. I doubt it happened there.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish I knew more about the Musicares "fight" or whatever. When I watched a live stream of the event I thought it was great and I liked what LB said about love under the dysfunction. Stevie mostly talked about Tom Petty but ok, I figured she's say something about him. What the hell could have been so bad?!
Old 04-12-2018, 02:30 PM
Registered

I must say I'm confused. After reading all these threads, then FB, Twitter, and IG I haven't a clue about what actually happened, and the more I read the less I understand. So if y'all don't mind I'd just like to ask some questions?

a. If the fight wasn't at Musicares then when did it happen? What was it about? Is it true it was about Lindsey's solo album, or is that just a face-saving tale to cover up the rather unpalatable truth, which must be really petty?

b. Did Mick actually conduct a poll of producers to see who they would prefer? If so, did he really expect them to side with Lindsey, when they know Stevie can fill more seats? Was this a tactic to slough off responsibility to someone else besides him?

c. Is there a lawsuit pending? Did Lindsey try to force the band to retain him? In other words, did he try to fight back?

I know given this band's tenuous relationship with the truth the facts will never be known, but a general summary would be nice
Old 04-12-2018, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
His daughter who WAS there was posting glowing things on Instagram about Stevie the day after Musicares. I doubt it happened there.
I doubt they would fight in front of Lindsey's children.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:50 PM
lilyfee
This message has been deleted by lilyfee.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I must say I'm confused. After reading all these threads, then FB, Twitter, and IG I haven't a clue about what actually happened, and the more I read the less I understand. So if y'all don't mind I'd just like to ask some questions?

a. If the fight wasn't at Musicares then when did it happen? What was it about? Is it true it was about Lindsey's solo album, or is that just a face-saving tale to cover up the rather unpalatable truth, which must be really petty?

b. Did Mick actually conduct a poll of producers to see who they would prefer? If so, did he really expect them to side with Lindsey, when they know Stevie can fill more seats? Was this a tactic to slough off responsibility to someone else besides him?

c. Is there a lawsuit pending? Did Lindsey try to force the band to retain him? In other words, did he try to fight back?

I know given this band's tenuous relationship with the truth the facts will never be known, but a general summary would be nice
NotonRodeo, those are all great questions that we would all love to know the answers to, and I'm certain we'll hear at least two different versions soon. But if anyone on this message board tries to answer your questions, just remember that they have no way of knowing and are engaging in pure speculation. I really want to hear what Lindsey has to say, not what posters here say they think happened.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I agree with you 100%... All of these questions NEED ANSWERS!

As I understand it, there have been rumors about ongoing conflicts delaying the upcoming tour for the past few months. We don't know the circumstances of Lindsey's dismissal/firing, however several news outlets are reporting that he either left or was fired by Mick after he wanted to push the FM world tour for his solo album and/or tour.

Lindsey's daughter, Leelee, posted an instagram message when the news broke, saying something to the effect of "There's no Fleetwood Mac without you [Lindsey]. #prouddaughter." Fans have interpreted this to mean that Lindsey was, in fact, fired from the band, especially since Leelee has publicly liked fan messages of support for Lindsey that also criticize Stevie and/or Mick.

Regarding Lindsey fighting back, I read a previous poster's comment to mean that since Lindsey rejoined the band after leaving before, he was in for good this time and would not leave again of his own volition. Not that he was actively trying to get back in the band right now. As far as I can tell, the Lindsey lawsuit and Mick and/or Stevie and/or Stevie's management forcing tour promotors to choose between Stevie and Lindsey are just fan speculation at this time.

--
As I've said in numerous other posts, I don't see any incentive - financially or otherwise - for Stevie to have Lindsey thrown out of the band. Her entire narrative on tour, from the scripted interactions with Lindsey during certain songs, to her long Gypsy speech, to turning her microphone towards him during Silver Springs, revolves around their "love affair" onstage relationship.

And even if Stevie just wanted the spotlight (meaning she wants to change the going through the motions/"cash cow" script mentioned above), surely even she would know that Fleetwood Mac would sell more, and higher priced, tickets, with the classic lineup. So if she's just plain financially greedy that doesn't make sense to me either. Maybe someone can flesh out the anti-Stevie conspiracies.

For now, all I can guess is that tempers flared over something petty, as you suggested, NotonRodeo, and some kind of ultimatum was issued by either Mick or Lindsey.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I personally was rather shocked to find out on Twitter that this news has been circulating in the FM community for that long. If it's two months that means the blow up must then have happened at MusiCares or soon after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
So an official source has stated that Lindsey is/was trying to get back into the band somehow? Can you clarify your earlier comment? I'm confused. Thanks...
Same source/s that confirmed the blow up and the disagreement on the FM tour dates vs. solo tour dates. Was trying. I don't know if he is now.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

Same source/s that confirmed the blow up and the disagreement on the FM tour dates vs. solo tour dates. Was trying. I don't know if he is now.
Do you mean Joe Compton on the Mike Campbell Facebook fan page? What a travesty this is. I never thought Chris would come back and we'd get a BuckVie album. This is so drastic--if anyone had told me that LB would be fired in 2018 I would have said no way in hell.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
And his family confirmed it.
I follow LeeLee on Instagram, but I'm just being nosey where did she/ the family confirm it exactly?

Last edited by Angel75; 04-12-2018 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-12-2018, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
I follow LeeLee on Instagram, but I'm just being nosey where did she/ the family confirm it exactly?
Lindsey's brother, Jeff, posted a comment on Leelee's post, saying that what happened was ridiculous, and that they were moving on to better things.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is anyone else sick at the thought of listening to Fleetwood Mac atm? I've had solo Linds on repeat, i just cant bring myself to listen to the band. I can't even listen to Buckingham/McVie or any GOS tracks with Mick and John. Still just so angry.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Is anyone else sick at the thought of listening to Fleetwood Mac atm? I've had solo Linds on repeat, i just cant bring myself to listen to the band. I can't even listen to Buckingham/McVie or any GOS tracks with Mick and John. Still just so angry.
I've been doing the opposite - playing his music with the Mac and grieving that I won't ever hear it live again. I've got my iPod playlist set to Lindsey solo and Fleetwood Mac / BN songs where Lindsey sings lead, and that's what I've been playing constantly.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
I had a day off from work yesterday. It was 60 degrees here in Illinois where winter never ends. I spent the entire day watching youtube videos: Destiny Rules, some BuckVie clips and full OWTS shows--one from Cologne, Germany I watched twice. Video after video. I can't believe I'll never see the 5 play live together ever again.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The more I think about it, this just wreaks of Mick. He's been sitting idle too long and needs to get out on the road. After the rest of the band got out of town after Music Cares, he hung around to attend the Grammys. Bit of a hanger on. Too much of Stevie's history (and gothic trunk of lost songs) is wrapped in Lindsey. She has severe mentionitis where he is concerned. She may bite her tongue off before the first show on this tour because she can't mention him. It could be fun to watch, but I won't be paying for it.
I am a huge fan of this band and everyone in it, but not gonna lie, can't listen to their stuff right now. Hurts too much.
If this is how they "go out" legacy beyond tainted.