The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 12-08-2021, 12:48 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
They did cleverly title it Weekends With Adele.
I think Stevie could do 3 nights a week. I think Rod Stewart does that now at 77. Maybe'd she'd twirl one night out of the 3 night.
Her fans would do scientific calculations about which nights she was most likely to twirl, so that they could book that particular show.

If she did go to Vegas, that is when I’d be most likely to see her again. Otherwise, I don’t think I will.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-08-2021, 10:15 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I think Rod Stewart does that now at 77.
No, Rod Stewart has been making a new album with Faces.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-09-2021, 08:31 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
No, Rod Stewart has been making a new album with Faces.
I'm liking his music more and more as I get older.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-09-2021, 04:39 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 14,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm liking his music more and more as I get older.
Did you ever hear the song “Gasoline Alley”? If you love Ravel’s “Introduction and Allegro” or Messiaen’s “Quatuor pour la fin du temps,” you’d love “Gasoline Alley.”

“Gasoline Alley” is the name of it.
__________________

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-09-2021, 11:53 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm liking his music more and more as I get older.
Do you wish that you knew what you know now when you were younger?
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-22-2022, 08:47 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,866
Default

I’m not saying that the Macsters have never canceled concerts before, for self-indulgent reasons. They have, but Stevie would never have pulled the kind of stunt that Adele just has with her Vegas show.

Adele doesn’t care about the vacation time people took off, the airline fares they paid. I love some of her songs, but she is becoming increasingly insufferable.

I am beginning to appreciate the difference between the work ethic of a 30-year-old diva versus a 73 year old one.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-22-2022, 11:41 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I’m not saying that the Macsters have never canceled concerts before, for self-indulgent reasons. They have, but Stevie would never have pulled the kind of stunt that Adele just has with her Vegas show.

Adele doesn’t care about the vacation time people took off, the airline fares they paid. I love some of her songs, but she is becoming increasingly insufferable.

I am beginning to appreciate the difference between the work ethic of a 30-year-old diva versus a 73 year old one.
I wonder why Adele didn't cancel like a week before.

Here's another Station Casino commercial by Stevie!
https://twitter.com/stationcasinos/s...43297824907267
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-23-2022, 01:06 AM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I wonder why Adele didn't cancel like a week before.

Here's another Station Casino commercial by Stevie!
https://twitter.com/stationcasinos/s...43297824907267


Clearly this place has gotta be owned by someone she knows, or someone close to her is a major investor in it. Recall years and years ago when she invested in the Starck Club in Dallas??
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-23-2022, 09:45 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I’m not saying that the Macsters have never canceled concerts before, for self-indulgent reasons. They have, but Stevie would never have pulled the kind of stunt that Adele just has with her Vegas show.

Adele doesn’t care about the vacation time people took off, the airline fares they paid. I love some of her songs, but she is becoming increasingly insufferable.

I am beginning to appreciate the difference between the work ethic of a 30-year-old diva versus a 73 year old one.
She cancelled at the last minute because of covid, right? Thing is, people have fallen into a false sense of "this mess will be over by the time I" book my tour. And then the tour is ready to begin and what happens? Another variant takes over. It probably killed her to have to cancel at the last minute, Michele.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-24-2022, 01:49 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
She cancelled at the last minute because of covid, right? Thing is, people have fallen into a false sense of "this mess will be over by the time I" book my tour. And then the tour is ready to begin and what happens? Another variant takes over. It probably killed her to have to cancel at the last minute, Michele.
She cancelled because she said that the show "ain't ready." That's the phrase she used, Viv, because she wants to remind us that she came from humble beginnings and is just a regular gal. She didn't cancel because of Covid.

She's out of control. And she got on social media and sobbed dramatically, to give people the impression that it did indeed kill her to cancel the shows. She has fallen hard for her own hype. The one saving grace about Stevie is that she was in an army and didn't think she could get away with antics like that. At least not when she was 30. Fast forward 40 years . . .

Seriously, Streisand wouldn't have done it either. They don't make 'em like they used to.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-24-2022, 02:13 PM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 1,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
She cancelled because she said that the show "ain't ready." That's the phrase she used, Viv, because she wants to remind us that she came from humble beginnings and is just a regular gal. She didn't cancel because of Covid.

She's out of control. And she got on social media and sobbed dramatically, to give people the impression that it did indeed kill her to cancel the shows. She has fallen hard for her own hype. The one saving grace about Stevie is that she was in an army and didn't think she could get away with antics like that. At least not when she was 30. Fast forward 40 years . . .

Seriously, Streisand wouldn't have done it either. They don't make 'em like they used to.
I’ve just watched on YouTube Adele singing Hometown Glory, live on the Jools Holland show…..2008, fabulous, only 13 years ago..the girl has changed that’s natural.
But I wish she would return home and stop believing everything she hears, reads, and sees about herself.
Get a grip on reality.
I love her and her voice…but not at the moment…
I also think it’s stage fright that’s caused her to cancel…
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-24-2022, 04:49 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
She cancelled because she said that the show "ain't ready." That's the phrase she used
There is no excuse for that and you and everyone else has a right to be angry. It's not like she's going to reimburse everyone's travel and hotel expenses. Be careful though if you're thinking you'll never go see her again because after I saw Lindsey throw a childish tantrum at The Roxy in Phoenix in 1993, I swore to myself I'd never go see him again. And then saw him two more times since.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-24-2022, 08:23 PM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
There is no excuse for that and you and everyone else has a right to be angry. It's not like she's going to reimburse everyone's travel and hotel expenses. Be careful though if you're thinking you'll never go see her again because after I saw Lindsey throw a childish tantrum at The Roxy in Phoenix in 1993, I swore to myself I'd never go see him again. And then saw him two more times since.
Lindsey threw a tantrum? Details please!
__________________
"...every time, you don't come..." "my little demon..." oh dear...
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-25-2022, 04:50 AM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
There is no excuse for that and you and everyone else has a right to be angry. It's not like she's going to reimburse everyone's travel and hotel expenses. Be careful though if you're thinking you'll never go see her again because after I saw Lindsey throw a childish tantrum at The Roxy in Phoenix in 1993, I swore to myself I'd never go see him again. And then saw him two more times since.
You mean the night Stevie fans were harassing him? I bet he wishes they HAD never gone to see his show again.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-25-2022, 08:04 AM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You mean the night Stevie fans were harassing him? I bet he wishes they HAD never gone to see his show again.
They were harassing him at his solo show?
__________________
"...every time, you don't come..." "my little demon..." oh dear...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


STEVIE NICKS - CRYSTAL VISIONS: THE VERY BEST OF STEVIE NICKS NEW CD picture

STEVIE NICKS - CRYSTAL VISIONS: THE VERY BEST OF STEVIE NICKS NEW CD

$9.98



Stevie Nicks : Timespace: Best of Rock 1 Disc CD picture

Stevie Nicks : Timespace: Best of Rock 1 Disc CD

$5.99



Trouble In Shangri-La - Audio CD By STEVIE NICKS - VERY GOOD picture

Trouble In Shangri-La - Audio CD By STEVIE NICKS - VERY GOOD

$4.50



Stevie Nicks : Bella Donna Rock 1 Disc CD picture

Stevie Nicks : Bella Donna Rock 1 Disc CD

$5.96



STEVIE NICKS - ROCK A LITTLE NEW CD picture

STEVIE NICKS - ROCK A LITTLE NEW CD

$11.52




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved