User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-04-2020, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They’ve been a corporation ever since they fired Mick and brought on Irving Azoff.
Which is probably one of the reasons that their final two studio albums were more light weight pop than rock with an emphasis on hit singles. They seemed to have transformed into ABBA ..only ABBA was better at that sort of thing.

Old 12-04-2020, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Which is probably one of the reasons that their final two studio albums were more light weight pop than rock with an emphasis on hit singles. They seemed to have transformed into ABBA ..only ABBA was better at that sort of thing.
When were they ever rock? All the albums from White Album through SYW are pure pop. As is Buckingham McVie.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
When were they ever rock? All the albums from White Album through SYW are pure pop. As is Buckingham McVie.
I wouldn't classify songs like "World Turning" "I'm So Afraid " "Go Your Own Way ' "The Chain " or "Sisters of the Moon"as pure pop. Sure they weren't Black Sabbath but they were not exactly Captain and Tennille either.

Old 12-04-2020, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I just don’t understand why these people need to worry about charts all the time. I know they all have lifestyles that have to be sustained, but you would think that all those repackages of Rumours and all those multimillion-dollar tours allow them to sustain their lavish lifestyles AND produce new music just to find that spark of life in them. They don’t have to be relevant to the times — they have to be relevant to life. But they’re all so fixated on charts and marketing and maximal yields. It’s that crazed drive for selling every product they make that is beginning to sound like the true legacy of Fleetwood Mac. To think that the first and greatest member of the band — the person who started it all — very soon concluded that the marketing and the music were going to be a very uneasy alliance, and that he was more interested in the latter, really says something (especially since they labeled him nuts at the time). Maybe he was right in 1969–70. If everything you do is calculated to reap big profits even after you have made a killing, you really won’t have much to contribute to the artistic or emotional well-being of a society. If you pull in millions from five or six albums and still can’t live the way you want and create what you want from that point on, you’re doing something wrong ...

... unless you’re in fact a corporation, not an artist.
I agree. Especially with Stevie, lots of missed opportunities because of being concerned with image/charts/ singles.
Old 12-07-2020, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
LOL. I think she'd need Darrel and Ricky too. But she'd charge $500 a ticket.

Melissa Etheridge does amazing at home concerts. She makes drum, vocal, loops+
I wonder if Prince would have done home concerts. He was always famous for impromptu shows. Never needed more than in a pandemic.