The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-03-2017, 07:50 AM
secret love secret love is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 518
Default The final act

So 2018 is almost upon us and so brings us yet another tired old song Greatest Hits Fleetwood Mac tour. Yes, only the second tour since 1998 with Christine, but alas, the setlist is doomed to be Greatest Hits with maybe 4-6 deep cuts if we're lucky.

Lindsey and Christine won't play On With the Show or Carnival Begin. They would have done that on the On With the Show tour in 2015 if they were ever going to do it... for ****'s sake they named the tour after Lindsey's song and didn't include it in the set. Idiots!

So: WHAT IS THE FINAL ACT FOR THIS BAND?

Will Say You Will or Buckingham McVie albums mark the end of their career? Or will they do another final album? Time is running out to record before they hit the road. I am an amateur artist and have released two songs on iTunes. It took me a total of 16 hours paid studio time to create just two songs. But they should be quicker with their higher level of talent, money and resources.

So: WILL THERE BE A FINAL ALBUM? And: WHAT WILL THE SETLIST FOR 2018 TOUR LOOK LIKE?
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 11-03-2017, 08:03 AM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
.

So: WILL THERE BE A FINAL ALBUM? And: WHAT WILL THE SETLIST FOR 2018 TOUR LOOK LIKE?
Lindsey just said in that new interview that FM tour will not start before the end of 2018.

he also said he has solo album coming out in March followed by a tour, and he made it sound like BuckVie will record another album in short order. so they may even stick in another BuckVie tour in 2018 the way it's been going? or at least record new album and put it out after the mammoth FM tour.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-03-2017, 10:38 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Lindsey just said in that new interview that FM tour will not start before the end of 2018.

he also said he has solo album coming out in March followed by a tour, and he made it sound like BuckVie will record another album in short order. so they may even stick in another BuckVie tour in 2018 the way it's been going? or at least record new album and put it out after the mammoth FM tour.
Yay! I want another BuckVie album and tour. Because they're FAR fresher than FM!

Two days until my next show!
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-03-2017, 12:48 PM
snroxman snroxman is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 99
Default

I'm almost relieved to learn that a Fleetwood Mac tour won't start until later in 2018. I'd rather they do whatever makes them happy at this point in their careers. Clearly new music makes both Lindsey and Christine very happy.

If there were to be a second Buckingham McVie tour, I only have one request - play the acoustic version of Friend as one of Christine's deep cuts.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-03-2017, 02:52 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Yay! I want another BuckVie album and tour. Because they're FAR fresher than FM!

Two days until my next show!
He doesn't sound very enthusiastic about anything FM related, IMO.

I'm too excited about a new BuckVie album/tour.

Two more weeks for me!
__________________
"This has been the best tour I've been on. Ever, ever, ever..." - Stevie Nicks. 24 Karat Gold Tour, Long Island, NY -April 6, 2017.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-03-2017, 08:10 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
He doesn't sound very enthusiastic about anything FM related, IMO.

I'm too excited about a new BuckVie album/tour.

Two more weeks for me!
Hooray! I'll be thinking of you on Sunday!
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-03-2017, 09:54 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Hooray! I'll be thinking of you on Sunday!
Send my boy Lindsey a kiss from me.

And I hope you dance like crazy on Sunday.
__________________
"This has been the best tour I've been on. Ever, ever, ever..." - Stevie Nicks. 24 Karat Gold Tour, Long Island, NY -April 6, 2017.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-03-2017, 10:43 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Send my boy Lindsey a kiss from me.

And I hope you dance like crazy on Sunday.
I'm in the balcony for this one, so I doubt they can see me. Lol

I made it to front row in Nashville, so this is me just getting my fix.

Honestly, if she'd taken my roses herself in Nashville, I'd have been MUCH more hyped for a front row experience again. Oh well... such is life.
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-03-2017, 11:48 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,537
Default

BuckVie was a great success and they want to do it again!!

So glad to hear this. I really enjoyed the album and the shows.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-04-2017, 01:38 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
BuckVie was a great success and they want to do it again!!

So glad to hear this. I really enjoyed the album and the shows.
I know! It's so obvious how much more enjoyable this is for them. I've never seen either being so comfortable.

I hope they embrace this GIFT that they've found, for the rest of their careers!
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-04-2017, 04:47 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 1,915
Default

I think someone is living in a pipe dream if they expect 4-6 deep tracks during the next tour. We will get 3 max and some of them probably have been played live before like Oh Daddy, Beautiful Child, Angel, Brown Eyes, etc. It seems that each singer picks one deeper track to perform live which is good. But of course us die hard fans would love to see 6 but that would never happen. We are the minority and probably take up 15% of the seats at the most. They are playing for the other 85%.
I am a bit more realistic with not expecting any new music from anyone ever again (besides Lindsey's solo album that is coming out). The big tour will go through 2019 and then a big break. The band will reunite here or there but I would be pleasantly surprised if any new music happens. While some members are on tour, they are not going to speak in end terms and talk optimistic.
__________________

Still I believe.....LOVE will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-05-2017, 01:25 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I think someone is living in a pipe dream if they expect 4-6 deep tracks during the next tour. We will get 3 max and some of them probably have been played live before like Oh Daddy, Beautiful Child, Angel, Brown Eyes, etc. It seems that each singer picks one deeper track to perform live which is good. But of course us die hard fans would love to see 6 but that would never happen. We are the minority and probably take up 15% of the seats at the most. They are playing for the other 85%.
I am a bit more realistic with not expecting any new music from anyone ever again (besides Lindsey's solo album that is coming out). The big tour will go through 2019 and then a big break. The band will reunite here or there but I would be pleasantly surprised if any new music happens. While some members are on tour, they are not going to speak in end terms and talk optimistic.
3?????? Hell, we'll be lucky if we get ONE deep cut. FM isn't about artistry at this stage. Even though they don't need the money, they apparently feel the need to go out, selling out(so to speak). Arenas, and integrity. Young Lindsey would kick old Lindsey's ass, if he could!!!! I'm f*cking serious here...think about how Lindsey felt about not being a "dinosaur act" back in the day....WTF have they become now?

If there was any justice in this world, they would do at least TWO BuckVie songs on this next greatest hits tour.
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-05-2017, 05:25 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 1,915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
3?????? Hell, we'll be lucky if we get ONE deep cut. FM isn't about artistry at this stage. Even though they don't need the money, they apparently feel the need to go out, selling out(so to speak). Arenas, and integrity. Young Lindsey would kick old Lindsey's ass, if he could!!!! I'm f*cking serious here...think about how Lindsey felt about not being a "dinosaur act" back in the day....WTF have they become now?

If there was any justice in this world, they would do at least TWO BuckVie songs on this next greatest hits tour.
I would prefer 2 classic Mac songs prior to Stevie and Lindsey joining and then 2 Buckingham/Nicks songs: Crystal and Frozen Love. I think Mick suggested one from each but it would never happen for 2 songs each.
I don't blame them so much. Its what the crowd expects. Its not unique to the Mac. Of course if we on this board had it our way, we would only want them to play deep tracks.
__________________

Still I believe.....LOVE will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-05-2017, 07:26 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,537
Default

It just goes to show they could survive as a 4 piece and go out with class. They could do albums and tours and it doesn't have to be a HUGE mass production fiasco like CitiField and Dodgers Stadium.

yet, they could do a Mac Show to smaller venues, make albums, and play gigs I can afford.. (assuming I did 3-4 shows as usual).
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-06-2017, 10:54 PM
Iamwilliame's Avatar
Iamwilliame Iamwilliame is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 61
Default

You can never say never with this band. Although, I think it is a very real possibility that this will be the last big tour. I would be shocked if they did another album or even an EP with Stevie. Sadly, making new music is not her passion anymore. I'll be ready for them to call it a day once they get this next tour over with. Lindsey will focus on his solo career and possibly another album with Christine. Maybe Mick, John and Christine will make an album of blues covers. Stevie will continue to tour and I wouldn't be surprised if she added members of the Heartbreakers to back her on the road.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved